FAQ: What Things Are Not Allowed on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Lilnukenuke Journeyman

Who would have thought
    Cheaters get caught
    Cheaters get suspended
    Cheaters act surprised
  2. Silv Augur

I PROMISE you, arguing with a dev is definitely *not* going to help you lol
  3. derpderp New Member

yeah fair enough. but not once did they say using purely hardware boxing solutions was against the rules. sure i was pushing the boundries i accept that. but if they actually said 'yo, this isn't allowed, stop it' i would have just not done it. my problem is that they have not been clear at all.
  4. Saeadyan Elder

It clearly states you cannot have more than 1 account active "per computer" not per household so if someone wants they can have multiple accounts running on different computers and you have no grounds to report them. It would be a move meant to irk the players who hate boxers but would still be perfectly legal.
  5. Tudadar Augur

Getting mass DQ'd for having two laptops sitting on top of two other laptops and hitting four hotkeys at close to the same time lol. Is that against the rules too?

Should add it to the FAQ. Dont be ninja fast. Slower the better.
  6. Saeadyan Elder

7. Tyraxor Augur

The easiest solution would be if ppl for once accept the spirit of the server, and really play only 1 toon.
    You know, it's not dbg who cause those problems...i have to ask this simple question, if you want to box why the h... don't you just stay on one of the other servers. It makes absolutely no sense at all.
    mythinker1, Herf and Jaxarale01 like this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

100% agreed
    I think you'll find some disagreement there.
  9. BestReleaseNA Augur

While I dont see any problem with these rules, you should have posted this with the actual FAQ a week ago. You probably completely screwed people who bought extra computers thinking they werent breaking any rules.
    Tudadar likes this.
  10. Tvex New Member

I was pretty excited to see the instance raids on the new progression. The spawn camping and batphone requirement was the huge hold up that kept me from sticking with the other progression servers. Now the box rule is a pretty huge bummer. Even in 2000 I 2-3 boxed and eventually by luclin I was 5 boxing. I find it very hard to go back to 1 account. Any word on if the next progression server will allow boxing?
  11. Silv Augur

People were either being naive thinking they could key broadcast or were thinking they were clever and could cheat the system. Also... if you are gonna spend 100s of dollars based on personal assumptions, well, think there are some bigger problems for people to worry about than a video game.
    Tarvas and code-zero like this.
  12. Ducreux Augur

So what is the proper channel for reporting actual botting/3rd party stuff. I've guidehelped some pretty overt things but im not sure if they are even active anymore on these servers.
  13. sumoldguy New Member

I just did a petition for a guy with 5 chars following him and all nuke at same exact time...
    *cough* [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

If nothing is done about it and i see him tomorrow, I'm heading straight for the long refund line.
  14. Steampunk Augur

If the sign at the beach says "No Swimming", I suppose you are one of those who think you can get away wading.
    Ladysoth, Alphont and Jaxarale01 like this.
  15. derpderp New Member

thats actually a really poor analogy. at no point was i doing anything that was breaking a stated rule. i was using purely hardware means to multibox. (which is infact a 'true' multibox.

it wasn't until after i was suspended that they slap on a 'oh yeah, you cant do that either' ..... case and point... ill refer you to the time this post by roshen was created.
  16. Steampunk Augur

Well, subsequent events show that your assumptions were incorrect. You voted for "stay as is", didn't you?
  17. derpderp New Member

well it wasn't an assumption. there was /nothing/ stating that using hardware to multibox was not allowed. all the emphasis was on 3rd party software (majority of which is em que two).

i didnt actually vote. i raid on p99. couldn't be bothered bat phoning on live. just wanted casual instances.
  18. JustAQuestion Elder

@Roshen

Awesome so no IS-Boxer! Hope you don't have to much to do to get all the People suspended/banned.
    DirtyWhistle likes this.
  19. Finley Augur

It's a great analogy. When most people encounter a "No swimming" sign they'd likely take it to mean don't go in the water, though technically wading would not be swimming. Holly said time and time again that automated play was a no go on this server.
  20. Mezrah Augur

I am not impacted by this, as I have only activated 1 account to test the server out. I have no objections to what DBG are doing. That being said, this should have been clearly stated in the FAQ that was produced prior to Phinni launching.
    Tudadar, Agrippa and Grish like this.