Best 4 box?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deported, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Iyvy Augur

Shamans work very well with enchanters, malo + tash makes even deep red mobs killable and lets charm last longer, shamans can also take over slowing for the enchanter freeing up the enchanters mana, I enjoy having shamans with me as an enchanter, I think it synergizes quite well.
  2. Histamine Journeyman

War+Bard+Dru+Mage ftw imo
  3. Sagnid Augur

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Boxing more then two is simple. It's the sole reason you see mages in mass. Very easy to box with a decent power increase.
  4. Elkay Augur

True boxing melee with no software isn't hard at all. I never used box software until a one month period on RF to check it out. Auto-follow is your friend and you can get the hang of the positioning pretty quick. I even had my healers meleeing in downtime, and from the mob's back, too.

I'm not encouraging it, I'm just saying auto-follow makes it viable (but not optimal for most classes) without 3rd party software.
  5. Elkay Augur

Good combo, a little short on heals and no res without a cleric, though. Would work fine through at least Luclin.
  6. Xanumbik Augur

mage(tank, DPS) Cleric, Enc, Wiz(DPS,snare,ports)
  7. jeskola pheerie

Mage, Enchanter, Druid, Wiz (if you don't want a 2nd mage)
  8. DuchessElindra Elder

If you are not rolling on Phinny Bard/SK/Wizard/Cleric.
    If you are rolling on Phinny (seriously I have no idea why you want to spend ressources on quadbox on a non box-friendly server, whatever) I'd say :
    - Wizard is must have because its super annoying to move a team around with no 3rd party software and its easy to /assist stand nuke pause sit. Also if happens, and happens a lot while boxing, evac is awesome. The only weakness of evac is group coordinations and knowing when to evac, as a boxer it is impossible to skip.
    - Mages are the best easy dps/tank, so take 2 of them. Necro is also an option but takes much management, gives you FD pulling options and summon corpse. I would play him as "main" if so.
    - Cleric heals for more for less actions taken compared to shaman. And rez, you may not have many friend if you go boxing.

Enchanter could remplace a mage but it takes a crapload of attention to be seriously useful. Even if you go deep in a dungeon you'll be almost as safe with 2 pets to tank and caster burst to eliminate extra target.

But again, don't do it, not worth the trouble.
    Deported likes this.
  9. Nezerak New Member

Druid, Chanter, Mage, Shaman is better of the two you listed for snare options and better healing for more difficult camps. All three classes make amazing duos with mage, so getting all three together with very little overlap would be powerful. You are however reliant on the Mage pet to tank, and depending on the changes they make to pets will determine how effective this will be.

I actually would consider an SK in the lineup, now that pets can tank, when the SK is under geared you can rely on the pet to tank, and can use the SK to pull. And once geared you can tank much more difficult things, especially with shaman slow.

Something like:
    SK, Shaman, Mage, Druid
    or
    SK, Enchanter, Mage, Druid
    Deported likes this.
  10. Deported New Member

I'll be boxing on one comp with no third party software. I already 4 box at tabbing but mostly casters and maybe one melee. Was just curious as to Wizard or druid. Not going full Mage that's boring.. yes it's effective but pure boring. I wanted chanter for buffs/mez and shammy for buffs/slow/debuff. I already have a Mage on LJ w/ epic wanted to make a 4 box group around him really.
  11. ggny New Member

You should probably read Phinny rule set. Whole point is not being able to use 1 Computer to box. You need will need 4 different computers.

Keep playing on LJ Phinny wont be for you if you plan for 4 box
  12. DuchessElindra Elder

On LJ (so Kunark+) around an Epic mage I'll go Shaman.
    Now on the 2 others you have a choice. If you plans is box WW dragons and Kael Drakkel or SS mobs you definitely want a tank (probably SK) and a cleric.
    If you rather want more mobility and options to go deep down Seb/DN/Siren's I'd go for Wizard+Enchanters.
    Deported likes this.
  13. Nezerak New Member

Druid.
    Snare, buffs, and heals.

Wizard has better nukes, and is easier to add to a 4 box.
  14. Deported New Member

You should've probably read that whole post. As I said my Mage on LJ is already epic'd and looking for 3 chars to box with him.
  15. ggny New Member

Well then you will need a 4 box. LJ will be dead soon

Role a Tank of some kind with Shaman and Wizard. Shaman heals are just as good as most and Wizard will pump out enough dps
  16. Moranis Augur

Mage can Malo already.

Also, I think the druid's ability to port & track outweighs being able to save my enchanter some mana. Shaman isn't a bad choice by any means, but i think the druid's utility is second to none.
    Deported likes this.
  17. DuchessElindra Elder

Tracking is a good argument.
    Deported likes this.
  18. Deported New Member

So you believe Mage wiz dru enchanter then?
  19. Iyvy Augur

As an enchanter without another slower in the group you will struggle to maintain buffs and continuously use a charm pet while also mezzing **and** slowing. Slow is quite expensive. A shaman will allow an enchanter to fully utilize his charm pet, coupled with maloing for the enchanter and the strength of a shamans pet when hasted (sham pets are quite good but they don't get a proper haste like an enchanter or mage or necro pet), it will create a large amount of dps, more than the increase from a mage, and far more than a wizard.

I would recommend a druid, they are highly highly useful and they add to all areas. You may find the versatility more useful than a pure dps or a pure healer.

Honestly the more I think about it, and everyone's gonna hate on me hard for saying this, I would almost go Enchanter Cleric Shaman Druid. The healing is insane and you can just slow root and dot dozens of mobs while tanking with a hasted snared fully buffed (staminax2, ac, ac/hp, damage shield, regen, dex) malo'd charm pet. I think that would be an extremely powerful group. Speaking of if any druids wanna meet up right at spawn and shoot up with me and my friends that would give us that quad group...
  20. Syrup Augur

Why not use Languid Pace?
    50 mana = 2: Decrease Attack Speed by 15% (L9) to 45% (L61)