How long will you go without sleep.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LessPlay, Dec 6, 2015.

1. drew0987654 Augur

fixed. you got some attention, happy? want a trophy?
  2. Kalipto Augur

Your legs swell up? WTH is wrong with you? At least stand up every couple hours and do some squats, stretches, or anything. Don't just sit there like a lifeless slob! Remember, the servers will go down at some point. You'll be grateful if you can stand erect.
    Lilnukenuke likes this.
  3. Iyvy Augur

Frenzy? /pet attack <target> had its distance heavily nerfed so if you're planning on doing that in open zones you'll have some trouble. Should work in frenzy though, but that is botting and against the rules ;).
  4. Nadasdy New Member

^^ Choo choo.
  5. Arderd and Crowd Augur

I can't begin to describe how sad it is that people have life goals on video games that directly impact on their health. I mean....I wish I could...but I just don't have the words.

In the nicest possible way I can say this, get a life. Get some friends, a girlfriend/wife, a dog, a hobby, ANYTHING....just something that means you don't want to stay online for 50 hours straight, please.
    andross77 likes this.
  6. MBear Augur

Mrs. Obama, is that you
  7. Your_Ad_Here Augur

If I do play a long time, it will be crafting items. I find that more fun honestly.

But sadly, being my age and a housewife, I MIGHT get about 5 minutes before someone needs me LOL
    andross77 and MBear like this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

0 days - I treasure proper sleep.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

You have no idea how much healthier obsessive gaming is for some of us than other things we could possibly be getting into.
    MBear likes this.
  10. Pikallo Augur

This condescending and judgmental attitude is far worse in the bigger picture than someone who pushes the limits of sleep for a few days. Of course its not great for your health but I'm willing to bet the majority of people who are planning to go on a caffeine fueled leveling binge are not planning to sustain this behavior for an extended period of time. I guess you've never done anything fun or extreme outside of your little bubble of boring mediocrity? Never partied all weekend with little sleep? Never had a demanding job requiring you to work overnight? or study all night for exams? Sorry that you can't grasp the fact that some people enjoy different things.

So do yourself a favor and take your own advice and get a life and stop worrying about what other people are doing and passing judgment as if you are somehow better than them.
    Solidude and MBear like this.
  11. Getafix New Member

I plan on playing from launch at 2pm PST until midnight, maybe 2am. Then from 9-10am until 12-2am daily until 50.

I would be interested in joining up with a premade, or a good guild that will grind together every day. Send me a msg.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ditto
  13. code-zero Augur

Deep vein thrombosis can kill you
    Getafix likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

what? sorry... i must have dozed off... :oops:
  15. Qelyn Augur

What about those of us who have friends, a girlfriend, a dog, and a hobby? Are we allowed to play as long as we feel physically comfortable playing? Do we get some sort of special pass? Or do you have some "holier than thou" statement for us as well?

Seriously though, if I decide I'm gonna spend the first 50 hours of the server launch grinding, how does that affect you at all? I can understand if you're concerned about people neglecting their own health for this game, that's fine. However there has to be a much better what to express your concern than the way you did.

But to answer OP's question, I plan on going until my body is physically unable to continue, then I'll take a nap and keep going until I hit 50. Lucky for me, I have an awesome girlfriend who made sure I have ready-to-eat meals and energy drinks, and she told my friends I'm not available this weekend, and she is also taking out the dogs for me so I don't have to, and said that I don't have to worry about going to Friday Night Magic this week (our shared hobby). She's pretty much the best.
  16. Kruggan New Member

I'm torn on the issue. :) I both admire and pity people that can go for days straight without sleep just to level up a toon to max level. Being 45 years old with a wife/kids/job I can't do it - I simply cannot afford the sacrifice to my body and my responsibilities. However... If I'm honest with myself, if I were single again and 30 years old - oh I can guarantee I would have LOL. I guess different strokes for different folks.
  17. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Do what you want, but when you realize your girlfriend has taken your dog and gone to live with a friend of yours that was present...because you were trying to hit 50 in a few days, you only have yourself to blame.

Look, it's a game, and even if it's work it's just like everything else - moderation. Now, I used sad in the real sense of the word, and I meant it.

Relationships, with friends, girlfriends, dogs and the rest need constant maintenance and hiding in a cave for days in end to play online to beat your record just isn't conducive to a healthy life.

Will I be playing a lot? Sure will. But breaking the record so I can ignore my wife, step-son and 2 dogs is not in my plans
  18. MBear Augur

Take another Prozac and enjoy your moderation.
    Just about all the best memories in life come from taking a brief respite from that tired old adage about moderation.
  19. Lilnukenuke Journeyman

Go hard the first week so you can start complaining that 12 weeks is too slow on week 2.
    Darkening and MBear like this.
  20. Zujilli Elder

This!