12 Week Unlocks on Phinigel Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

We've updated the rules for this server, and expansion content will unlock every 12 weeks! You can read more about Phinigel in the FAQ here.

Why 12 Weeks?

Our goal is to make it easier for players to predict when content unlocks, and make sure we have devs available to provide support when progression server expansion content unlocks.

Phinigel will become available to players on Wednesday, December 9, 2015! (and as soon as I have a time confirmed that the server will unlock on Wednesday, I'll make sure that we share it with everyone)
    Elkay likes this.
  2. Krek Elder

Why 12 weeks and not 13 weeks? 12 weeks are only 84 days and 13 weeks would just be off one day from the stated 90 being 91. Wanting to rush this I see.

I was so excited. Now I am disgusted.
    Nolrog, Finchy, Eliseus and 2 others like this.
  3. Pseudofate Augur

lmao "disgusted" shut the hell up. If this is something to get for you to get disgusted over what a pathetic life you must lead. Do people even understand what words are anymore.

Its 6 less days. Its quarterly. No big deal.
    Tronk and Lonye like this.
  4. Cainen Augur

I would also like to see 13 weeks as opposed to 12. I love the idea of the server always unlocking on the same day each time and think thats a great idea. 91 days(7x13) is much closer to the original 90 days then 84 is.
    Gotcha and Krek like this.
  5. Gotcha Lorekeeper

My enthusiasm for Phinny went from an absolute TEN, down to a four. 84 days? Seriously?

Guess we can shut up about asking for 90 days from the time content is beat. Now I would be happy just getting it back to 90 days. Heck, at least make it 13 weeks.
  6. Eliseus Augur

/comfort
  7. Skipper Augur

84 days is just sad. :(
  8. Pseudofate Augur

I'm ok bby ty.
  9. Trevalon Augur

Have to agree, The worst part of the Phinny server was the already super fast 90 day unlock and to hear that they are now lowering that to 84...well that just makes it worse.

Roshen, you guys are clearly making this server because people asked for it, I cannot fathom why yall decided on 12 weeks instead of 13 (Other than maybe some superstitious nonsense?).

Not only is 13 weeks = 91 days (closer to the originally said 90 days), but it also means that 13 weeks X 4 = 52 weeks, meaning you would have exactly 4 expansions per year.

Seriously, I really think yall should take a second look at this 12 week thing, it just doesn't make any sense...especially considering that a large portion of the population (and pretty much every poll yall have done) says that 90 days is just too short.
    Finchy, Vengaz and Skipper like this.
  10. Elkay Augur

If you're superstitious about 13, make it 14 weeks. That's actually closer to what people were looking for, I think.
  11. Darth Augur

I for one support the 12 week unlock timeline, great job Roshen and DBG.
    Sithil and Elkay like this.
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

This does seem pretty backwards. Let one of the boxer packed servers speed up instead. I was looking forward to a Prog server where boxing was toned down so that content would last longer. Sure, that's just my opinion and my own fault but it seems counterintuitive by design. /shrug
  13. Vengaz New Member

I totally agree. 13 makes the most since with 4 expacs a year. Please Devs, lets do this.
  14. Krimzin Augur

The people who are crying about 12 vs 13 week unlocks... you realize you will be EXTREMELY behind either way right? Not sure how this could possibly make a difference use your head.
  15. MBear Augur

You do realize we would have PoP just in time for the Christmas break next year with 13 weeks but it will be a month earlier now with 12 weeks. That is a bummer!
  16. Trevalon Augur

You could argue that for those who will be "extremely behind" it would make the most difference as they would become even more "extremely behind" with each passing week, instead of having time to catch up.
  17. Krimzin Augur

Please tell me your not planning a year in advance for a PoP release on a 20 year old game... im gonna hope your trolling
  18. Trevalon Augur

Some people's main reason to play these servers is PoP, so they might be interested when it would launch and how long they will be there.

We all have our own motives for why we play EQ, 16 years later, and for some PoP is it (or whatever expansion) is it.
  19. Finchy Augur

go back to your server and let us playing on phinny do our thing, sir.
    Lejaun likes this.
  20. Finchy Augur

tech. 13 weeks would be quarterly, as 13 x 4 = 52 broski
    DruidCT likes this.