People agree with 90 days w/o defeating all content?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krek, Nov 26, 2015.

1. MBear Augur

With instancing, wouldn't a big guild blocking just end up leading the other guilds to flesh out there gear and catch up so that then they would still have an extra 90 days to finish off the xpac to gear up for the next xpac?
    Seems like it would be the opposite of what a big competitive guild would want, which would be to roll the content, unlock the timer, then gear up to roll the next xpac, leaving the weaker guilds behind.
    Doesn't matter, they aren't changing anything right now anyway. At least I got that impression from that Roshen post about reviewing the 90 days policy in a couple of years.
  2. Poydras Augur

I would guess they will race to unlock asap as per usual, which the rest of the server has to sit up and notice as it affects all of our schedules and plans. My point was without unlocks based on their personal guild progression, they lose this ability to demonstrate their manhood by affecting the rest of us. Might improve behavior, might not. I don't think it can hurt to try it.
  3. Krek Elder

Hard to understand the last couple of comments. Guilds are going to compete to be first. And they should, that's what competition is about. It has nothing to do with this thread. The point is do people want to get to the point that expacs are released before the last expac is beaten? This probably won't affect the "big guilds" at all, other than Underfoot, it's the casuals that will be left in the wind. Lots of raiding guilds still won't be in VP before Velious is released.

Whatever, tired of warning you people. Good luck.
  4. Tachyon Augur

These days a good 90% of the player base don't even care about the competition aspect. They just want to play through some old EQ content, including the raidable content.

Another 10% loves the competition aspect.

The beauty of finally instancing raids is that both of these player bases can follow the path they want to with very little conflict between the two.

Most of us don't care what content other people defeat. We just care about what content we can attempt and defeat. It's the best of both worlds!
  5. Skipper Augur

What does that have to do with having content beaten before timer starts? YOU GUYS DO REALIZE THIS GIVES YOU CASUALS MORE TIME? I mean, what is a progression server if you don't have to beat content to progress?

This is why you can't have polls. People don't even try to understand or make sense of things. Maybe the OP should have said, "Let's get back at the mean old raiding guilds and make them beat content before the timer starts". Then some of you people would be singing a different tune. Go figure.
  6. Poydras Augur

You won't be able fool us so easily. We know fixed unlocks is a better way to spite those guilds.
  7. Krek Elder

That is why folks, polling has never worked going back to the Fippy GoD vote. To them, it's all about how they can ruin the server. They tried to ruin Fippy, and they have ruined RF and LJ. First, they want 6 month timers after beating content. Now 90 days after beating content isn't fast enough. To you, it's all about angering raiding guilds.

Good luck trying to get Time flagged when the rest of us are in Anguish. Because that is what you are asking for.
  8. Poydras Augur

No actually I'd prefer six months fixed unlocks. What you're doing is offering a false dichotomy. Then getting yourself worked up about it. We all know the real reason you guys are so anti-vote, you lose them.

Given we have three servers, and given that the majority voted for the max nostalgia track multiple times, and also given that instancing is supposed to something only the competition-hating casuals want, the ruleset they chose for Phinny seems silly. Fix it by simply lengthening it. Give raiders a faster ragefire like they tried to do the first time but don't waste the biggest server on this minority.
  9. -wycca Augur

So what you're saying is, you've already got 2x 6 month servers, and now you want a 3rd? Mmmkay.
    Lifebane likes this.
  10. Poydras Augur

Nope. What I said was give them a faster ragefire. People who wanted 6 months were given plenty opportunity to transfer off and should have taken it.
  11. derpinscotch Elder

But the ruleset was always 6 months and hasn't changed. They only unlocked Kunark early to alleviate player tension.
  12. Weverley Augur

Phinny reminds me of combine with raid instancing.Did my epic during PoP while ROI were raiding big time.And things went so fast next thing i knew we were unlocking TSS but it was wonderful time expansion were unlocking very fast.
  13. Poydras Augur

Yeah well maybe the time has come to change it. Casual players who want six months can cry all the way to their snazzy new server with instancing and boxing restrictions. Makes more sense than putting the features that casuals have been asking for on the fastest server.
  14. Vindicator Journeyman

Many people were under the impression that Lockjaw would be a longer server and Ragefire would have shorter expansions.