People agree with 90 days w/o defeating all content?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Krek, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Rhodz Augur

Trolling does not mean disagreeing, what the heck is this a college campus?

If your problem is Underfoot, 48 months down the road... then you aint got that much of a problem.
    Seriously anyone want to bet a paycheck on things holding together that long? I wont.
    Great if it does but seriously this is just strange. I will be tickled if things hold up to PoP.

Know what is great? All those people needlessly pouring money (kronos) into a server population that at best shot lasts 3 years and realistically 6-9 months, time and time again.
    To those folks... Here's your sign...
  2. Gotcha Lorekeeper

You have a 401K? You have any savings? Or you on the govt's dough?

Not planning ahead invites disaster. I realize this isn't a concept easily understood by youth.
  3. Gotcha Lorekeeper

4. Gotcha Lorekeeper

BTW, I'll bet you 100 kronos.
  5. code-zero Augur

There are no trolls in this thread. The OP asked a question and some people answered to the affirmative, yes they agree with a straight up 90 day unlock between expansions. The most trollish responses in the thread are from people throwing up reasons to have content unlocked first and the best that they've come up with, aside from personal preference, is Underfoot may be hard.

That's it, this is the server, those are the rules, Daybreaks not going to have polls or voting. They've not reversed their decision on Ragefire having a 6 month period before voting on Velious and it's unlikely that there's going to be a change for Phinegal
    Rhodz likes this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Thanks for the acknowledgement of victory, oh didnt you know that's the admission when one side goes personal, nothing left in the logic bag.
    But seriously even though its nunya, the answer is Im retired after working 39 years as everything from a technician to project manager... so much for moms basement.

Thanks again though and have a good day.

Oh almost forgot, I will bet every krono I have ever "touched" against yours any day lol. Think about that.
  7. Tachyon Augur

Not really. We all know them now. I remember backflagging PoP in two weeks back in 2005, and GoD is mostly a playtime expansion, which we will have plenty of. With this plan Phinny will eventually lap Lockjaw, so for those who want to take their time in a certain era, there will still be an outlet.
  8. Gotcha Lorekeeper

Underfoot?
  9. Gotcha Lorekeeper

Underfoot?

I suggest reading the entire thread and not cherry pick. Seems to me the best responses that were actually thought out agreed that content should be defeated before timer starts. Machen made the best argument.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Enjoy... gotcha
  11. Skipper Augur

Rhodz, for someone who doesn't think Phinny will last to PoP, you seem to have strong opinions. Who did you play on Fippy? I doubt you played there, and this is the closest thing to Fippy we have had. And Fippy is the longest TLP in EQ history. Phinny is also the TLP many have been asking for for YEARS. Not those two LJ and RF abortions.

90 days without voting is what most of us have dreamed about. But we never thought that would be 90 days w/o beating content. Really, what is your problem with it? You don't even seem interested in the server but you feel you need to vent negatively.

It's just a minor tweak. And it makes so much sense for a true progression server.
  12. Ambee Elder

Most people don't want the completion requirement. DBS doesn't want it either. Accept it and move on.
  13. Krek Elder

Think DBG paid this thread any mind today? I hope so.
  14. Skipper Augur

This guy! The guy that will go against public consensus no matter the reason. Casuals want 6 months but now 90 days from the day content is defeated is too long. Go figure. That's why EQ polls are pointless.

[IMG]
  15. Tachyon Augur

EQs 16th expansion. That's four years from now. Four years... Kind of irrelevant to any current concerns. If you want to come back and make that case in 2019, I'll vote with you.
  16. Skipper Augur

Absolutely NO voting on Phinny. On anything. It's now or never. Have some intelligence and show some vision, or just be a casual troll.
  17. Ambee Elder

Some serious denial in this thread. You guys think you're in the majority because everyone who says they're against it is just "trolling".

K
  18. Poydras Augur

The only real issue I have with voting is the drama it causes by teasing people with the possibility of getting what they want if only everyone else would play along, only to dash their hopes when everyone votes different. For some reason it's harder for people to take the same outcome via that kind of bait-and-switch versus if Daybreak just told people how it will be from the get go.

Unlocks based on defeating the expansion are a different story. This gives the biggest guild the ability to jerk everyone else around by setting the server's schedule. I'd rather they minimized this kind of thing both because of the annoying egos and the uncertainty of the timing.
  19. Skipper Augur

Nobody wants voting. Just delaying the 90 day timer to start after content is beat. The "biggest guild" comment doesn't apply here since the present plan is to unlock expacs every 90 days, period.

That is just too fast on some expacs, and won't matter on a bunch. Buy why not just fix this situation now by implementing the way it has always been in the past, once content has been beat? TLP Vets realize the issue we are going to have. I know, a lot of people just like being contrarian. But this won't make any difference to them anyway. Not a lick.
  20. Poydras Augur

Yes my "biggest build" comment was directed at the proposal to wait till content is beat. rather than being some random comment about the present schedule that makes no sense and doesn't apply. Or am I missing your point here?

I certainly think they should extend the schedule though, based on the amount of content.