Grummus! Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malacath, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wizdons Augur

Anyone in lesser gear having much luck with this one? We have CotF T1 Raid gear and tank just cant stay up through the 4 adds.

What are some of the strats for not so great gear?

We tried pulling far away. Tried killing close. I dont think you can mez these things or split anything either.
  2. Malacath Journeyman

This will probably get nerfed later but if you have someone with instant shadow step like whisperwind or the monk/bard/wizard version aggro the northmost mob from max range then whisperwind 1-2 times while running north only the northmost one will be following you while the other 3 will be out of aggro range yet still on the aggro list due to linked aggro after killing the first one just inch closer to the next mob untill only it follows you rinse repeat
  3. segap Augur

I did this one with my TDS t3 group geared warrior. Tanked all 4 adds at once. Only thing I really had to worry about was moving whenever a barrel landed near by. Did have two healers (druid and shaman). Had a bezerker and two dps mercs burning them down.
  4. Wizdons Augur

Nice one. Will have to try again a few times to see if we can pull it off. Any mob kill order work better?
  5. Wizdons Augur

Nice might have to try this out too. It did seem like the mobs leashed or something if trying to pull far away.
  6. Makavien Augur

Have a warrior run in and aggro all the minis kill them from left to right with short burns have the warrior loot as you kill and then run up to grummus and click all 4 clickies when the minis are dead(the clicker gets some nasty hate on grummus). Then burn grummus down. All the warrior needs to do is hit dichotomic , pain doesn't hurt , stalwart defense and use charge (to speed up heals and caster dps) A group geared warrior might have to use last stand.

If the tank isn't staying up maybe use fortitude or deflection at the beginning of the 4 minis and roll into flash and then into their highest absorb disc.

And healer mercs would be about useless on the end mission of each zone.

Pretty much all of the missions this year seem to have a do not fail or die mechanic in them and this one is the barrel emote.
  7. Brohg Augur

Some runs I (the tank) have been force-feigned, without any weird text appearing in my log. Did I fail an emote without noticing in the spam of four minis with all their dots & things?
  8. TheFrog New Member

There are different affects on each boss. 1 procs a FD on you, 1 procs a fire DoT on you, 1 does a fear affects, and i forget the last. Depending on your group setup we normally kill fire dot one first and than the FD one next but you may prefer a different order.

You only need 2 clickies to make him attackable. If you click all 4 randomly you can cause him to not be attackable.
  9. Narogg Augur

10. Narogg Augur

Wizdons,
    I just tanked this on my august geared warrior. Trick is kill order and using the new spell dichotomic, war cry, and last stand to get the first one down.
  11. Blitter Elder

I know that the spell versions you used are correct and are used in this mission.

But does that mean that the Grummus raid is using the "lower" versions of these spells?
    e.g Festering pain which is used in group mission = 95k DD, 95k Dot. The other version is a 46k DD and 45k Dot.
  12. Natal Augur

CoTF raid gear is weaker than TBM group gear. Maybe you should gear up first?
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Killed Grummus and opened chest in under 17 minutes. No Time Trial achievement (did get others). Don't bother wasting your time - this game is still so broke it's insulting.