Maps aren't working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rayden97, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Rayden97 New Member

My laptop is a hp and has windows 10. just got it. game plays great. I can't get my maps to work. I downloaded the map pack from mapfiend. I can't extract the maps to everquest files. Cause if you search all programs everquest doesn't even show up. But I can click the shortcut on my desktop and play the game. any ideas?
  2. Weverley Augur

It's on a quite long url on mine its c:/users/public/SonyOnlineEntertainment/installedgames/Everquest/maps so if u put there it should upload in game. Oh and some people have DaybreakGames instead of SOE on mine just in case u got the other one.
  3. Soju Elder

Not sure on Win 10, but easiest way I found on others was to right click on the EQ shortcut and choose show in explorer. That will take you right to the EQ folder, then just find the maps folder inside and put them in there.
  4. Nolrog Augur

If you put the game into c:\program files, weird things including this one can happen. Move the game out of the program files directory, and put it in something like c:\games\everquest or something along those lines. Make sure you are running it as administrator. The maps folder is a subfolder under everquest.
  5. Rayden97 New Member

Thankyou all for the info.