The Broken Mirror is Uber Only Content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scott_W, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Jaerlyn Augur

Without entering into the arguments of which gear is better, or worse, etc... the fact is, until it actually IS fixed, you cannot justify using presumed numbers as an example. We've all seen major issues hang around for days, months, years even.
    Perplexed likes this.
  2. Agrippa Augur

To sum up this thread, people that actually use group gear are saying it's tuned pretty tough. Every one of the people saying otherwise, so far, has been decked out in the top raid gear of last expansion.
    Perplexed, Xeladom and Silv like this.
  3. Xikteny Augur

H-AGI all day long.
    Perplexed, Xeladom, Tarvas and 2 others like this.
  4. Silv Augur

Ding ding ding.

The irony is even more astounding when everyone from the top 10 says "well, why should you be able to beat it within two weeks of launch anyway? It's not needed for progression".... (in reference to group missions)

/casting Pridewing Mount :rolleyes:

^This.
    Perplexed and Agrippa like this.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

When beta testing I did it with a group of SK (cotf t1 raid gear) bard + ranger (arx raid gear) and others, and had no issues. The we beta buffed some toons, I choose pally that time, and went through some of the missions again, and had no issues with cotf t2 gear on a beta buffed toon. I found it was more the skill of the player than the content. ymmv
  6. Agrippa Augur

So you tested the group content in CotF T2 Group gear on paladin and only the others in your raid crew were decked out in full Arx raid gear? Or are you saying the paladin also had raid gear testing the group content with that raid crew? I'm confused. And feedback on group content from raid crews is always greatly appreciated.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

I am saying the whole group had beta buffed toons and no raid gear for the tests using beta buffed toons. Also the group had mercs, was not a 6 man group.

Guess what I am trying to say is if you have problems in places its better to come ask for help, send PM's if you don't want the you suck trolls, than to say that the content is broken. There are bugs, there are issues, but the tuning of the content is not one of them.
  8. Silv Augur

You beat Damsel of Decay and Enslaver of Souls with beta buffed group toons and mercs?
    Xeladom likes this.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

No, we did lady of life to make sure the tanking and dps req were not to much, I don't think I did damsel of decay at all, I got burned out by the time we would have done those, though the rest of my crew did way more with a ranger tanking (arx raid gear). I remember doing some of the crypt's stuff but don't know what those were, we did that on our raid geared toons.
    Silv likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

This is clearly unmodified level 110 stats. At least post the real stuff before you use this propaganda.
    Silv likes this.
  11. Gumby Augur

So all you did was test the easy stuff in group gear.

I've tried Crypt stuff with an alt Paladin in a mixture of CoTF and TDS group gear and it was painful. Full group and real cleric and could handle 2 just barely. Had to constantly be blowing everything I had and healing myself a lot as well.

None of this new gear is an upgrade, so stuck with old stuff. Now if the new gear was actually an upgrade, maybe it would be different. It's either lose a TON of AC to inflate your HP, or lose HP to make it close in AC to the old stuff.

All of the group gear needs to be completely redone.

Think I heard somewhere that Aristo (the worst Dev on the team) was doing Items this expansion and I feared it would be an absolute mess. Unfortunately that has definitely come to pass.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

I wouldn't say all of it was easy, tanked a couple of 30-40k hitters with beta buffed toon and survived without issue with merc healer + self heals. now yeah if in the group game the crypt stuff is hitting for more than that, guess so. I don't remember trash hitting for more than 25k in there though, and haven't made it there in progression because of life matters since release.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

Protip to answer your question in the future:

Is/was there a post on the beta forums for testing XYZ or feedback on said topic?
    1. Yes? Not Aristo.
    2. No? Aristo.
    3. Unsure...
    a) Does said mechanic/item lack logic?
    ....1) Yes. Aristo.
    ....2) No. Not Aristo.
    Eriadoc, Warpeace, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  14. Axxius Augur

Oh gosh. Those are THE stats. I'm looking past the bugs. These are the stats you will get after the patch fixes the erroneous lv 110. You are going to complain knowing that your complaint will be moot soon? Then at least complain about the right issue - the lv 110 rec level, not the stats themselves.
  15. Arcainos Augur

Considering some of the more difficult missions in TDS (underwater progression pieces), named mechanics (crazy damage-shields etc.), and the fact that actual zones were locked until progression was completed in TDS, I have to agree with Axxius and Silariuss, group content seems fairly in-line with a new "expansion".

If you're expecting to beat group content as a solo player, that's a different argument however. Knowing your group makeup, gear etc. I think would help
  16. Sarcogian Augur

So far the information in this thread is comparable to...

[IMG]
    Silv and Kiillz like this.
  17. Eriadoc Elder

Well, I'll just start off by saying I don't feel uber.

I have been away for the holidays a bit, but have worked through both Demiplanes progression so far and done a mission or HA in Crypt of Decay. The group I do it with is a cleric, warrior, and myself (ENC). We're all geared similarly, which is full T3 group gear from TDS with a few off pieces of raid gear from CotF from open raid wins. We've finished our TDS progression, which helps with the special hero's AAs, and some of the CotF progression, which is more of the hero's AAs.

We do fine. I'm not sure what to tell you.
    DruidCT likes this.
  18. Pirlo Augur

As someone who is gearing up alts in this expansion, I am finding this thread very interesting.

I will say however, that the guy from Russia believes axxius is a troll or Sony employee.
    He is not a troll. He is actually very demanding of the devs and expects things to be right and make sense.
    You two just have a breakdown in communication. But both of share the same hope....either the group needs to be good for the casuals or corrected to be so.

Everything is buggy in this expansion. Let's hope patches start fixing this up.

P.s. LOL at silv with the protip on aristo.

Imagine how great this game could be if they actually listened to our feedback.
    Silv and Kiillz like this.
  19. segap Augur

Robes for comparison. Gain some AC, lose some HP/Mana. Gain HP/Mana, lose lots of AC.

[IMG]
  20. Silv Augur

And purity!