help needed

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zynrael, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Hello everyone. I just downloaded the game and found that my old account was still there. I played from 99-PoP I think. Anyway I seem to have all-access for 2 weeks. What happens after that to my chars?

I don't plan on subbing at this time and am under the impression you only get 4 chars for F2P accounts and I have 6. What happens after my trial of all access ends? Also, do I get grandfathered in as a Silver account or is that even a thing? If so, what does that mean as opposed to all access and F2P?

I only jumped in for a minute to see that my chars were there and I feel pretty lost. I played on Fennin Ro so I am on the Cazic/Fen server. I have no Idea where to start. No idea what anything is worth on my chars or the benefits to my chars they are compared to modern equipment. My highest char is only a 48 wizard but I was an avid tradeskiller back in the day and don't know if anything I can make or have is valuable.

I also have no idea how mercs work or where to find them, or what to do first in general really. Sorry for the long post and I hope someone can give me some tips or advice on how to jump back in and have some fun in Norrath again. Thanks in advance...
  2. Viper1 Augur

Characters are not deleted, so if you have 6 now, you'll have 6 when you revert to f2p. You will still be able to access them just won't bee able tho make new ones.

As for the other stuff, a lot has changed, too much to explain in one post. You have a lot of reading to do. Start by Google searching individual subjects and see what's out there.
  3. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Thanks Viper1. I have been googling and you are right, I have a ton to learn. I was mainly just worried about access to all my chars once I am F2P so you alleviated that concern.

Time to read a bunch I suppose and figure out how best to fit in. Thanks again!
  4. Borek-VS Augur

You will be able to access all your old 'grandfathered' characters, despite the F2P limits, but can't create new ones. If you want to, you will have to delete characters until there are less than four.

Silver is an old thing, and new accounts won't get it - all old accounts that where activated while it was available should still have the added benefits of Silver, but not if you have been away for the duration (I think so, at least).

So your characters will be a max of 65 (PoP). There has been new content for that level range since you last played, which you can look up on ZAM. Expansions: LDoN (instanced adventure zones, was very popular at the time), LoY, DoN (50+), DoDH, PoR, and TSS. The Serpents Spine has the best range of content for you - easiest access is via PoK and head to Crescent Reach - you should get a click book, Tome of the Hero's Journey, which can suggest useful quests to do, which will reward useable gear.

Gear: any mob, any where, has a small random chance of dropping Defiant amor and weapons. That's what you want: stats are roughly equivalent to Plane of Time gear from PoP.

You can also get some extra items by doing daily quests, which also reward a large amount of exp. See Franklin Teek in Plane of Knowledge, outside the Guild Lobby, for those, starting from level 20. Also, in PoK there is an NPC called Secalna Galnor, not far from the soul binder. She has some quests that will get you up to speed on new features, and has a couple of good rewards for you.

One more thing: join a guild, they can be very helpful to new and returning players.
  5. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Wow thanks Borek that is all very helpfull and just what I needed. I am also trying to figure out where I stand on tradeskilling. I am only 172 in tailoring and back when I played Velious armours were nice. What is the new cap for tradeskills and are the Velious armours still even worth making?

I was always on EQTRADERS before but the site seems kinda dead so not sure where to get up to date guides/recipes ect.

I had been quad kiting with my (currently 48) wizard to level up before, is that still the viable path to solo with mercs in game now?

Thanks again for all your help...
    P.S. My wizard is kinda poor, is killing Hill Giants still a way to make some plat or is there a better way at my level-48
  6. JacklSK Augur

in borek's signature are 2 links, click them.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

Though some of the guides on the site might be a little stale, it's still maintained and pretty up to date. Except for spell recipes, the recipes are up to date through TDS. I research spell recipes when I'm bored. If you want TS guides, the stuff in the Tradeskill Guides forum is still very relevant.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Thanks to everyone for their help. I have a long way to go to get up to speed but am getting a little more comfortable. I
    moogs and Zujilli like this.
  9. Borek-VS Augur

All tradeskills cap at 300, although you need to spend AAs (that are not auto granted) to reach that for all trade skills. You also really, really need to make the trad skill trophies to make high end combines.

EQTraders is still the go to resource, but you need to read the message boards area rather than the main site for the best information.

At the low levels (under 60, more or less), you need o use a tank merc for the fastest experience gains. But you'll need to pay attention to keeping your skills up.
  10. Bobola New Member

If you do tradeskills, start the trophy quests at low TS levels preferably when your skill is 50-99, they are much easier then and level up fast.

In the end you get the same trophy as someone who started a hard quest at 251 TS skill.

You want the Beginner Baker/Brewer/Fletcher/etc Test:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=20284
  11. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Having a lot of fun so far, have a question about mercs and my all access.
    I cant/dont plan to sub immediately but have all access for 10 more days. I got an apprentice merc but had the option of a journeyman.

I understand the journeyman mercs to be better and that they can be advanced with questing. My question, if I purchase a journeyman merc while I have all access, will I still be able to use/advance them after my all access reverts to F2P (or silver. still confused about this. My account was started dec 2000 and I have 12 years of loyalty or something)

Thanks for everyones help! Having fun in Norrath again =)
  12. Borek-VS Augur

You'll be forced to downgrade your merc when you fall back to Silver/F2P. Sorry.
  13. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Thanks Borek. Yeah that is no good hehe. I like having a merc but am curious.. Is it still viable for a 54 wiz to quad kite?

Also I noticed intricate silk robe sells for a lot of plat, should I use my /claim reward hoping to get it at lvl 55 or save the reward for higher level?
  14. Borek-VS Augur

You can still quad kite, just the same as ever. But... it's not the one way of get experience at a reasonable rate now. You have to add in the availability of Defiant amor (with good stats), fast OOC regen, clarity potions, and stack that up against the effectiveness of tank mercs at low levels, even apprentice ones.

At 55 your claim (Gift of Legacies Lost), or buying the Consigned bundle from the marketplace, should give you Intricate Defiant, although at 59 you can equip Elaborate Defiant. Just a couple more levels...
  15. Geroblue Augur

When my original account reverted, it became silver. All 9 characters are available.

I logged into that account. It shows 8 characters made. out of 5. Create Character is greayed out, but delete character is available. I can scroll down and get access to all characters It says 5 as I bought one extra character slot when it was all access.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The TS cap increase AA (New Tanaan Crafting Mastery) actually IS granted via Auto-Grant; it is only the individual TS Mastery AAs which affect the success rate of combines that are not part of the Auto-grant process.
  17. Poppinfresh Elder

This is incorrect. New Tanaan Crafting Mastery AAs are NOT autogranted.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sigh, I've done it. It is. The only things not auto-granted are Spell Casting Subtlety, Tailoring Mastery, Blacksmithing Mastery, Baking Mastery, Brewing Mastery, Fletching Mastery, Jewel Craft Mastery, Pottery Mastery, Alchemy Mastery, Tinkering Mastery, Arcane Tongues and Poison Mastery. Everything else is auto-granted as far as TS go.
  19. Poppinfresh Elder

You must have Autogrant 2.0 or something then. I checked three of my alts, ranging from levels 71 to 88, all of whom took autogrants as I've leveled them up over the past couple weeks. None of them currently has the New Tanaan Crafting Mastery AAs, nor Salvage AAs, nor any of the other tradeskill mastery AAs. Nor do they have the racial innate Foraging AA.
  20. Weverley Augur

You might want to do some of hero's journey which gonna give you free defiant also for intricate its probably those at blackfeather roost.To receive the book that tells you where to go go to your aa and summon book is under special.Steppes and sunderock should give u some defiant also when you get there.