Thank You Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loakie, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loakie New Member

For stabbing those of us that don't care to start over, straight in the back with this new server. Ragefire and Lockjaw both were already showing signs of decline for various reasons and this will most likely be the death knell for them. These servers were what, 5-6 months old? Obviously the perfect time for a new one when you have a very limited player base to pull from.

I know A LOT of people plan on moving to the new server, but I've spoken to a lot of other's that say this is their last last hurrah in EQ and have no intentions of starting over. So when the population no longer supports us we are just done. How many subscriptions do you think this is? Most of the ones staying are obviously boxers, so multiple that by how many?

We shouldn't be forced to follow around a dwindling EQ population and this would be the only reason I would switch. I mean I could take my 5 accounts and whittle them down to 3 for the new server, saving me $30 a month, but I'm not. From a business perspective this is brilliant. When the idea of the new server was brought up did anyone ask the question. "How can we entice players to pay us less money?" Genius

Oh and GG on the wording of the recent polls. This was a freaking genius way to prevent Velious from opening around the start of the new server. Thereby enticing players to give the new server a shot....followed by the purchasing of new bags, potions, Krono's.
    Zublak and Armajong like this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No one is forcing you to move, sounds like with 5 boxes you don't even need to worry about others to play so sit on lockjaw or ragefire and enjoy yourself and your solo team.
    Tronk and Silv like this.
  3. Pseudofate Augur

People love to use the pronoun "we" as a veil for the pronoun "I"
    Jadefox likes this.
  4. Kragin Augur

Your not being forced to do anything, if your on lockjaw just transfer to ragefire, if your on ragefire, well ragefire will be a thriving server for many years I am sure.
  5. Kopuz Journeyman

Daybreak is finally giving the EQ community what it has been asking for for years.

Yes I hate starting over too, but long term pros drastically out weight the horrible short term deal.

Thank you so much Daybreak! You have my subscription for years and years all because of Phinny!
  6. Weverley Augur

I think daybreak release phinny because of many accounts unsubs from Ragefire/Lockjaw and they wanted those people to stay I don't think if the population would have stay on RF/LJ we would have got phinny specially with live getting a new expansion.It was probably their last preferred option
  7. Skipper Augur

If you voted for six month expac releases, you don't deserve a server. You guys ruined the server by your voting. You killed LJ and RF, not anyone else.
  8. frankie78227 Augur

If DBG had actually had a real PnP and CS in the first place, RF/LJ would have been worth playing on. Short of actually policing, they quite easily could have instanced one of them and been done with it. This new server is likely just a Krono-grab and RMTs will run rampant again.

Another option would have been for certain people to have played nice on their own, but that wasn't even a realistic hope.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You think the people that voted killed the server? Gee I wonder why people would have vote that way perhaps the toxic atmosphere of the server could have caused some folks to vote in a terrible way.

I know I enjoy'd the outcome of the vote knowing that phinny was coming out as a way to escape that toxic garbage.
  10. Krek Elder

Yep. 6 mothers killed RF and LJ. Everyone kept saying that a majority wanted six months. Well, you got it, and you can keep it. Watch the max exodus to the new 90 day without voting so you can't ruin it server. People will now see what the REAL majority wanted. And it wasn't Velious in March for God's sake.
  11. Steampunk Augur

To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
  12. Weverley Augur

As i recall ragefire was 3 months til the last vote and the population was already down before that vote so doesn't make sense what you are saying.Some left for lockjaw with the free transfer and some quit because of the boxers blocking most of the content.
  13. Darth Augur

See this is why Ragefire is now a 6m server. You don't even know the rules.
    Batbener likes this.
  14. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

I didn't vote "for" six month expac releases, I voted to keep things "the same." The fact that I KNEW that "the same" meant leaving the expac releases at six months is entirely different than the butt hurt felt by those who thought they were preserving their own made up perception of something shorter.

In reality, I think many more people are leaving Ragefire and Lockjaw to get into instanced raiding. So much so that even if Ragefire and Lockjaw were three month expac releases with no instanced raiding, most would still be interested in moving to Phinny to get away from the toxic raiding environments.

I applaud DGC for their position on saying NO! to content racers, as it relates to releasing expacs!
    Agrippa and Steampunk like this.
  15. tcgrxs New Member

i applaud the fact that you keep posting even tho everyone thinks you are a joke.
  16. Mwapo Augur

People keep replying to him. He'll post so long as there is someone who will respond to him. He's the most consistent troll I've encountered on these forums. He understands the compelling need for a person to defend themselves and as soon as people get past the fact that he is nothing more than that, he'll leave. But until then, more power to him if this is what he enjoys.
  17. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Cryptic Troll posts are...Cryptic
  18. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Nah Mwapo, I've started posts as well as participated in them. You mad brah?
  19. Mwapo Augur

Nope. I really meant it. More power to you. Good luck with your future trolling endeavors with the people of Phinigel. I hope you find something as fun as TL to latch onto and ride into the sunset.
  20. Aghinem Augur

No matter what is catered to you, most of you continue moan, groan, complain and whine. Be happy that at least you get Daybreak's attention. Those of us that primarily play on live have been completely ignored // forgotten about, and left with a massively buggy expansion with no light in sight. So I reiterate, be happy that at least you all get what you want.

This made me laugh. We need to find those 6 mothers and have them prosecuted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.