Don't Miss Daybreak's Cyber Monday Sales!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Being a member has its perks, and those perks are about to get even better during Daybreak’s Cyber Monday promotions!

[IMG]

First things first – Are you an All Access member who needs to add on some more membership time? Are you finally ready to become an All Access member? On Cyber Monday only, you can get 3 Months of membership for only $29.99!*

Once you’ve got your shiny new membership all finalized, hop into game and discover the second deal –

[IMG]

Your normal 10% off unlimited marketplace purchases has been raised to 25% off most items for Monday, November 30th! Some exclusions to apply, but with those purchases, you’ll still get your regular 10% off discount. This 25% off deal is for members only on Cyber Monday, so if you’re not a member yet, become one today and take advantage of this bonus before it ends!

Read the full details of All Access membership, which includes PlanetSide 2 (PC), DC Universe Online (PC), EverQuest (PC), and EverQuest II (PC) here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess

*Membership is recurring. After your initial three months of membership your membership will continue to bill at the normal rate of $38.97.
  2. Quality Lorekeeper

Nope, I can't even get a response on the bugs thread about fero being on arms and cleave being a legs? Or charms and ranged and rings etc not being able to use augs? Why would I give you more money?
  3. feiddan Augur

On this last Friday (i.e., "Black Friday" November 27), the Three Month All Access membership was marked down to $29.99 in-game. The verification screen said $38.97, but I figured this was a bug. The charge pending on my account is $38.97 - the team may want to look into this to ensure all of us from Friday are billed the correct $29.99 and this issue doesn't recur for any customers today (i.e., "Cyber Monday" November 30).
  4. Riou EQResource

The time available doesn't start for another like 4 hrs
  5. Healsmore New Member

I just read your comment and decided I better check my online statement. Sure enough I was also charged the full 38.97 for three accounts I re-upped for the black Friday deal. Makes me wonder how many more were also billed full price after going through the process of purchase at 29.99.

If more and more of these keep coming up , could have a fraud issue on your hands. I highly recommend resolving this issue on the quick.
  6. Silv Augur

Would have been nice if all the Christmas Frostfell stuff had been added to the marketplace for this... /sigh
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi there,

The Cyber Monday promotion on membership (for $29.99) is for today only (Monday, November 30). You'll want to contact Customer Service about this issue; let them know the price showed up early in game when you file your ticket. You can file a ticket at help.daybreakgames.com.

Thanks,
    Dexella
    Silv likes this.
  8. rune00 Augur

Darn it I misread that as 29.99 for the newest expansion, I would have upgraded a few accounts at that price... :(
  9. Rhodz Augur

Heh the site is not clear about this at all and given the lack of trust to do anything right with this crew I will just let it slide. Besides I would likely forget to change it back to monthly and get a big bill out of the blue.
  10. Silv Augur

If you purchase it you can just cancel right after and it will run out the time on however long I thought? Would prevent a huge recurring bill in 3 months :D
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Daybreak charge you at the time you switch payment periods? So if someone on one year bought the 3 months then switched back to one year they would get charged for the 3 months and then the one year immediately also?

I wouldn't mind extending my accounts but I with the state of the game I am leery of adding another year on at this time or within the time frame of 3 months assuming I want to wait till the end of the three months to switch back.
  12. Derd Augur

Wow the three buck difference must be killing you...
    rune00 likes this.
  13. rune00 Augur

I'm just a sucker for a deal and I'm not getting anything else on cyber Monday so why not...
  14. Silv Augur

It's $5 actually.
  15. Just_Saying Journeyman

Would be nice if there was some acknowledgement of the colossal error here.

Not only have multiple people said that the price showed up early (did for me and everyone in my guild too), but the Customer Service response is the exact same thing you said. The Cyber Monday promotion was for TODAY ONLY. Even though it showed up prior and people were charged incorrectly.

Cheeky way to get your money out of your players, DBG.

Also, the petitions were filed with screen captures of the DBG store showing the sale, on Saturday. So it couldn't have been something that was for today, if it was sent in on Saturday with a screenshot of the sale.
  16. Warric New Member

Here is the response from those of you that purchased the 3 month service like myself on Friday. It doesn't look like the are willing to resolve the issue even though it was in the DBG store, I had no idea it was for Monday only from the in game interface note the time I submitted my ticket (11/27)....

Response TSR Edward R. via Email 11/29/2015 01:53 PM
    Hello,

The 3 month sale is for Cyber Monday, which is tomorrow. It was not for Black Friday which is why you did not get the sale price.

Regards,

Customer Support
    Daybreak Games
    Customer novotnikd soe via CSS Web 11/27/2015 07:25 PM
    I see the policy, however I still need to know why a sale is posted for 29.99 yet I was charged the 38.97 price (3 month daily deal on the DB ingame store)? Please resolve this.
    Auto-Response 11/27/2015 07:22 PM
    Please Note: This is an automated reply to your question based upon the category that you selected. If you have chosen the wrong category, then it is likely that this does not address your question. If that is the case, then this might delay the resolution of your issue.

All purchases made to Daybreak Games are non-refundable, including memberships, virtual currency, digital downloads, in-game items, etc. Information about our refund policy can be found in section 5 of the Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
    Please read the appropriate section below for your purchase type if you would like more detail.

Memberships
    Membership purchases are non-refundable. Most memberships are also recurring, and will continue to bill until cancelled. If you believe that you were billed after your account was cancelled, then you will need to provide the date of cancellation as well as either the cancellation email or reference number (if you cancelled through Customer Support) of your cancellation.

Steam Purchases
    All purchases through Steam are subject to their return policy. Daybreak Games does not have the ability to refund any Steam Purchases.
    You can find more about the Steam Refund Policy here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-wejc-2625#refund
    Virtual Currency
    Virtual Currency (Daybreak Cash, Marketplace Cash, Battle Cash, etc.) is non-refundable and non-transferable. Virtual Currency cannot be moved from one account to another if it has been purchased on the wrong account. Always ensure that you are logged into the correct account before making any purchases.

Virtual Items
    Virtual items are digital objects such as armor, weapons, pets, potions, etc. These items, whether purchased through the Marketplace with real or virtual currency or through game play are non-refundable. Support cannot swap out items that were purchased by mistake for other items, nor can they change the payment type on previously purchased items.

Digital Downloads
    Digital Download content (DLCs, Expansions, Episodes, etc.) is non-refundable. Purchases made through your Daybreak Games account will typically add the new content to your account automatically at purchase and the features are added to the account used for the purchase.

Double Purchases/Purchase Failures
    If you received an error when purchasing your item and now see more than 1 charge on your statement, you are probably only seeing an authorization. These will typically drop off after 48-72 hours.

If you require further assistance not covered here or have chosen the wrong category, update this ticket at your Support History page and an agent will assist you. If we do not hear back from you within 3 days, we will consider the issue resolved and this ticket will automatically close.

Customer novotnikd soe via CSS Web 11/27/2015 07:22 PM
    I purchased the daily deal for 3 months at 29.99 and it charged me 38.97. Please either give me the discount or refund the purchase and I will go back to a standard month sub.

Thanks,
  17. Derd Augur

Well all access discount puts it close to three, and "if" they did a sale this close to release, I would pray it would be a set price no discount. Needless to say, but if they had done such a deal the storm that rose from all of us that had prepaid or bought recently would be unimaginable. A few months from now maybe but this soon would be silly.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Silv Augur

I was counting tax. ;)

I could *maybe* see a 1 day sale for Xmas or something on the xpac but yeah... people would surely complain and be justified.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

They better get moving really quick to resolve the issue rather than hand waving these people because defrauding who knows how many by saying "oh it only applies Monday" after advertising otherwise is probably highly illegal. Does DBG want to start having banks deny charges by default? That's not a road you want to go down.

I am posting this because while I did not use the deal on my secondary account, I absolutely got the advertisement prior to today. I'd be talking to whoever your manager is and getting on helping these people immediately if I were you. This isn't a PR disaster you need, especially after September and the expansion launch (and years of unintentional billing errors as SOE that seem to have finally been patched up within the last few years).
  20. Just_Saying Journeyman

Going from the indications I Got from this, they will not be handling this.

Posed the question and asked on DBG's social media as well, only to have it removed. Funny that there is no response to this other than a "You didn't see it, your eyes don't work." Trying to keep this under a PR blanket and dismissing the actual problem Daybreak created is only hurting their already declining playerbase more.