TBM Possibly the worst Expansion yet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DrAxe, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DrAxe Journeyman

I have to say, i am for one very disapointed in this new expansion. It is Lacking in so much, and the progression is hideous. You have to do a bunch of freaking quests and missions just to finally get any loot thats worth it, because god forbid they actually unlock together. Its like this system was designed for everyone starting it to be at level 75, and can slowly work towards the augs as they go. The armor system is horrendous, and sorting through the venders for augs, once you finally unlock some, is painfully stupid at times. This expansion is extremely anti upgrade friendly for anyone coming in expecting to get some upgrades while they are doing the new content, well unless your level 75.

The only tradeable drops seem to be is heroic augs. Seriously wheres the rest of the tradeable drops at? There is nothing for people to farm and trade except the currency, and one aug type, not even any tradeskill items, which i guess isn't a big deal since you all killed tradeskills, and made them useless and worthless, especcially now with this expansion. Locking all gear upgrading behind progression is the worst idea possible. Once all the heavy time players beat the progression, what is there left to farm or work towards now? Nothing that i can see, except AA grinding, but thanks to Gribbles and even higher autogrant AA's now, none of us are too far from max anyways.

Spells, seriously 2-3 spells per chest, WTH, and they even give you TDS spells (bug). Are you guys just trying to kill the economy and value of plat?

Hopefully the raids in this expansion are fun, because they could be the only thing worthwhile, LOL.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Igniz Augur

The raids I've seen so far are as mediochre as the rest of the "expansion". I can't wait, though, until they come around to actually finish it (they WILL finish it, eventually, right?). With revamped fear, revamped hate, revamped windsong and revamped temple of bertoxxulous, they better still got some content aces up their sleeves.

DBG got time until february to convince me to renew my subscription. What I've seen so far makes me start looking for alternatives, though.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

These are intended to give you TDS spells. People complained that no one does old expansions to get spells, so now you get them for doing TBM :p
    Fanra likes this.
  4. chronicler Augur

I agree that number of spells are way too low, even that it is a follow up on tds (no level increase), but I however like that you able to get TDS spells
  5. Siddar Augur

Daybreak should change its name to Heartbreak. It's sad watching you guys finally lose faith.

For me that happened halfway through TDS and I only came back to watch it all end.
    Hiladdar and Metanis like this.
  6. Dinkdak New Member

These are live already, there's an NPC near the PoK book in PoTranq that you can speak to to get the instances...

Crypt of Sul! Ok, I don't know if that's what they intended, but it's the exact same zone...
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. Drakang Augur

Saves time to reuse the design. So far I have liked the content and raids. I just wish they had done a longer beta and fixed more bugs.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Repthor Augur

once the bugs are ironed out and the items are finnished, Progression spells finnished . i think the expansion will be quite enjoyble for a wile. i do forsee a problem with group content running out of steam pretty fast . so i hope we will see additional group content in 2-3 mounths and a cuple more raids in say 4-5 mounths
    Hiladdar, Fanra, Xeladom and 3 others like this.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

I think its a safe bet TBM will be remembered as the worst expansion ever.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

TBM isn't the worst expansion by far, it is simply the worst at release expansion in recent memory. The fixing process of Beta seemingly stopped half way through, and an incomplete product was pushed live. As Repthor said, once the bugs and issues with the expansion are fixed and finished, the expansion looks to be rather fun and engaging. After this they will start on the campaign track which will be about every 6 or so months; that should provide the additional content when group and raid are getting to where they have little or nothing left to do or grind towards.
    I think that the dungeons are intended to be noticeably similar/practically identical to Temple of Bert and Crypt of Decay so that the character can put together that something is amiss with this new 'god' and that she is trying to usurp two gods' positions.
    Hiladdar and Cicelee like this.
  11. Kiillz Augur

Rep stated it quite accurately and eloquently. Also as Xianzu stated it is by far not the worst, its MAJOR problem was and is in what is my opinion that they released too early, was not nearly enough BETA on it to work out the many bugs that exist. I feel that it will be a good expansion and entertaining, ableit group content might have to be expanded some, but we'll see what we see.
    Cicelee and Reht like this.
  12. Battleaxe Augur

I'm going to reply to this thread much as I replied to the earlier thread - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-were-you-guys-doing.228553/ (Has OP read the part about not making multiple threads dealing with the same topic or did he just ignore the rules?).

DBG is delivering a boatload of content considering how much staff they can afford to work on EQ.

I'm seeing items, especially augs, linked already from this content.

While there may not be (or there may, Who knows/who cares) new tradeskill items - aggro potions, Feline, Immunization, elite energians, the newish bags, .. Looks like tradeskills ain't dead to me.

Tradeable drops? Well...
    1. I've seen a few.
    2. I turn in bows for tribute.
    3. The game was becoming too $$$->Krono->pp->items->pp->Krono->$$$. Glad to see some water thrown on the campfire.

What we've gotten does not suck and, even better, we have not gotten the final version of what we are going to get.
  13. Vlad Diszno Augur

I seem to have misplaced my pair of rose colored glasses, got an extra pair your not using?
  14. shadowgod Augur

My question is are we still going by that campaign model and if so will we see a campaign in 6 months ?
  15. Cicelee Augur

Saying TBM is the worst expansion is incorrect, IMHO. I have enjoyed the lore, the artwork is nice, and I really do enjoy the originality of clicking back and forth between life/decay.

The problem, of course, is the bugs and it not being finished. It needed another 2-4 weeks to get everything fixed and ready to go. Which I personally am hoping that by mid December with a patch (hoping/assuming there will be one then) will fix the majority of the major and trivial issues.

The expansion is playable. I have done 7/10 of the merc/partisan tasks already. I know quite a few who are already completed with group content progression wise. Outside of some broken buggy things, they all have seemed to enjoy the expansion.

And at minimum, it sure beats having to raid Arx again...
    Battleaxe likes this.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Every expansion there's a this expansion is the worst and EQ is dying thread. It get old.

Some people are apparently compelled to tell you how much the food sucks while shoveling it in. Frankly putting food in your mouth that you think is repulsive says more about you than it does the chefs. Besides, I like the food and have for 15+ years. (OK, skip GoD and UF) and get a little testy when another diner wants to publicly share his negative review with those who are trying (fairly successfully) to enjoy themselves.

Rut roh - people seem reasonably content with this expansion - I better snuff that out asap. Lessee....hmmm Tradeskills!! It's not the best of all possible worlds. But it's not the worst one either.
    Dinkdak and Kiillz like this.
  17. Kiillz Augur

yes in a nutshell its gets old, always something
    [IMG]
    Dreamrider likes this.
  18. DrAxe Journeyman

A boatload of content? ROFL, i see a serious lack of content, doubled by serious lack of depth. Depth meaning, there is little to no reason to redo content for farmable drops (tradeskill and tradeable gear). Hell the zones aren't even original. I don't mind some redoing of old content, but hell they need to stop being lazy and literally making expansions based around reused content.

Your seeing items linked, ALREADY? WOW, LOL. Yes there are tradeable heroic augs that drop, i have also seen one new bag. Those augs are useless though without the rest of the augs and gear to go with them, which are locked behind progression, or more drops.

I do agree the game was far to much $$>Krono>plat>Items and vice versa, but to go and devalue plat completely was horrible expansion design. Hell even for them, who wants to buy Krono to get plat when its useless, LOL.

Tradeskills are freaking dead, in that i mean everyone and there brother's newborn is max skill, and can make all the highend items. Which means there is little to no reason to make them for the baz, as the profit margin is minimal. Expansions also need tradeskill drops, to keep players doing the content to make tradeskill items, without them, its just another reason not to redo content.

Yes what we have gotten does suck, does suck, and i am not even referring to bugs. I am just talking about the content, or lack there of.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

So the moral of this story is...

Some people like it. Some people do not.

Color me shocked.
  20. Axxius Augur

They are all on the vendors. You get showered with the group currency, which is tradeable. Trade the currency instead of the items.
    Hiladdar and Dreamrider like this.