Tired of classic, coming to live...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dàrkhàvøç, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dàrkhàvøç New Member

I have played pretty exclusively on progression servers, starting my Everquest experience on The Combine. To make a long story short, I'm tired of playing classic, but don't have much knowledge of the end game. I see lots of mentions about heroic adventures and such and was wondering if most group content is 2 boxable. I have 2 full access accounts with all expacs, and my pc runs two sessions of EQ great, but opening a third really seems to drag it down and makes playing a bit annoying due to slight lag when switching. So would really like to just use the two accounts without adding a free third IF its doable without TOO much stress. And if two boxing the heroic adventures is doable, what team would you suggest? I can play both sessions with high precision, so one toon isn't just sitting there. I keep seeing references to ench/Druid combos being good. Can that combo with appropriate merc setup complete most group content?
  2. code-zero Augur

Druid/Enchanter is a real powerhouse duo. I don't use that one myself so I couldn't give any particular tactics though.
    Elricvonclief, Silv and Dàrkhàvøç like this.
  3. Dàrkhàvøç New Member

Tactics I can work on, as long as the team can accomplish group content without the need of a third box. Thanks for the feedback. :)
  4. Iila Augur

Dru/enc should be able to complete most group content. Run with a war and clr merc and nuke the crap of out everything with your mains.
    Elricvonclief and Dàrkhàvøç like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I play DRU/ENC/MAG, and it's a terrific team. Always have played with the mage, so not exactly sure how it would be with just the druid and chanter, but, I only really use the mage for DPS, so I would think it would work great, just slower to take down mobs.

Though, have CoH with the mage sure does come in handy :)

Tat
  6. Dàrkhàvøç New Member

I'm pretty versed with a chanter (through OoW anyways) and always had a blast charm killing. So the DPS shouldn't be just too terribly slow. With a warrior and cleric merc, would I be better served running an ench/mag combo? Would just be missing a few buffs and ports, and gaining more DPS. Thoughts?
  7. Dàrkhàvøç New Member

Will be kicking this off tomorrow morning, I'm ready to see past Omens hehehe. (Seriously ready to level in the drakkin starting zones, I'm seriously pooped out of classic content after p99 and the TLP runs)
    Mulerien likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

Seriously go with Druid, if you can charm kill with an enchanter then you may want to go with a pair of DPS mercs while debuffing/snaring/rotting/nuking with the druid.

I know that with my bard I use to charm a mob, my druid partner would snare etc and then when the mob we were killing died we'd kill my former pet as soon as charm broke
    Dàrkhàvøç likes this.
  9. Silv Augur

My main team is Enchanter/Druid and then I added a Mage in a few years ago. If you're boxing having group COTH is the best thing in the universe. But regardless, Ench+Druid will demolish almost everything. Been using that combo since... forever. Super solid choice.
  10. Agrippa Augur

My wife and I did most of RoF and CotF as an enchanter and magician duo. Pretty strong combination and other than a couple missions there wasn't much we needed help with.

We opted to punish ourselves and swapped our characters around a bit for TDS, opting for the enchanter and cleric duo. I was pretty lazy on the enchanter and we normally used a tank mercenary instead of me tanking on enchanter. We didn't need much help with this duo, either. The few times I opted to tank named on the enchanter I was pretty happy to have a real cleric healing. I imagine a real druid would work fine in place of cleric, but I certainly wouldn't want to rely on the healer mercenary healing my enchanter or the tank mercenary.

If I could stomach alt/tabbing (I hate cheat programs), my dream box team would be my paladin, a druid, and an enchanter.
  11. Leex Pewpewer

To be honest anything dou can probably run through the HA's pretty easily..I would suggest adding something that can tank though..So you get to decide if you want to play an SK/Pal/War or maybe a pet class?

To be honest, to get the most out of your gaming I'd start off boxing a mage/necro and either a shaman or a druid.

Druids have an AA called black wolf ( might be shared group black wolf w/e ) that increases the crit damage and crit chance of all direct damage spells, so they are great with damage casters. The exception would be they don't mod dots. So if you roll a necro the druid black wolf won't really be beneficial to you.

It's all about what you really want to do and how you want to play..If you like close up in your face I'd roll an SK and a shaman..SK's get a little DPS and they are sturdy tanks, shamans get melee mods to increase DPS so you aren't there forever..If you want a caster type play style then I'd go with what I mentioned above..

Anyway you go you'll have fun as long as you put in the time to learn the class.

Good luck :)
    Dàrkhàvøç likes this.
  12. Gumby Augur

My preference is Warrior / Shaman with 2 wizard merc's.

The others can probably still get stuff done, but it's hard to be a sturdy tank / heals and the wizard mercs are pretty good sustained dps. You won't burn anything to the ground really, but not much will kill you either.
    Dàrkhàvøç likes this.
  13. Dàrkhàvøç New Member

Thank you all very much for the feedback, I think I'm going to plow forward with the Druid/ chanty combo. Going for a complete, fresh server and start from scratch. Going over to read the guild forums now to see what casual guilds are recruiting where.
    Silv and Iila like this.
  14. Iila Augur

A merc tank with all the support in that group can do well enough, and the enc can tank the harder stuff if needed. Non-CC multi pulls will be rough, but two healers helps.

And dru/sk is far better total dps than sk/shm, black wolf is pretty good for SKs. You need a couple melee in group for a shm to really shine. And unfortunately wiz mercs without support are better dps than rogue mercs with support, so you need real melees to take real advantage of shm buffs.
    Dàrkhàvøç likes this.
  15. Shiea Augur

If you have experience with enchanter, I highly recommend sticking to it then. Adding a druid would indeed be a fantastic addition, but a wizard would also add some hefty dps.
    Dàrkhàvøç likes this.