Heroic 3 or 4 box... Warrior, rogue and......

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mr. Logic, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Mr. Logic New Member

Going to make a heroic 3 or possibly 4 box... Was wondering about some advice. Planning on leveling to max level and raiding with most likely the rogue or possibly the warrior.

My first thought was to add a cleric box and use 3 dps mercs but honestly healing and tanking feels like a chore. Was thinking about maybe dropping cleric and adding a bard. Or possibly dropping cleric and adding bard and shaman to maximize the melee dps of the rogue. Would do epics and stuff.

I do like the idea and pure power of the cleric rogue warrior combo but just not sure if it's really needed for the group game stuff I'll be doing.. Plan on boxing progression of cotf on up thru the new expac...

Thoughts and advice wanted!

Thanks much
  2. sifonin Augur

Honestly the way I go with box crew is to leave healing to the mercs. You picked the best tank to play boxing imo because they can take harder content and with less attention to detail. Additionally good pick with the rogue, imho you should add an adps support class and I believe a bard would be the best thing to fill in that group. With that group you would have great tanking, good dps, cc, slow, adps... Would be a nice package. Next step would be add a 4th account shaman (adds more adps and good heals, buffs)
  3. Polleiden New Member

Yeah what he said. If the war and rogue are set in stone then definitely add a bard, shaman, or both. Add a cleric and a dps merc and you're set. Or better yet invite random other people.
  4. Rhaage Augur

+1 for bard, or shaman as a close 2nd.

you might also consider doing sk / shaman / rogue.
    In places that are difficult to get to, the sk can feign off the mobs and if they are the ones with the cleric merc can rez the other group members back into the camp. If an entire group wipes, you have to either run back to where you were or have a campfire up in a place that's close enough to your camp but away from aggro mobs.
  5. Nissassa Elder

I honestly don't think rog is a good choice for this 3 box combo. Rogs require a bit more keyboard time to be efficient dps. If you are tabbed and missing backstabs your dps declines alot. I think a dirty monk would be a better choice here since they are more autoattack dps plus the added bonus of a split puller since you have no mezzer or other puller type. As well as not having to focus on positioning as much to hold rear arc like you would as a rog.

Just my opinion.
  6. Graymane84 Journeyman

I think rogue is ok if that is your "main" that you spend most time on. If not, then monk is better. War is good choice for ease of use. Following that trend, bard is a great box choice. Enchanter or Shaman would be good, but I don't think quite as good as bard. You can basically click war, get aggro, click bard, play melody then spend your time on rogue.
  7. Vazuvius Augur

If you do three warrior/sham/bard - if you do 4 add a rogue
  8. Mr. Logic New Member

Been doing warrior rogue bard shaman.. Just hit 92, bard has epic just working on shaman now.. I think this 4 box has a lot of potential and I'm having a blast so far, thank you all for the good advice.

Should I just use the 92 gear until I get 100? Then use the currency for for latent gear? Just wondering if I'll be able to still tank decent at like 98-100 with the 92 gear?