Dead Hills is Dead

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Twinbrow, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Twinbrow New Member

I do not like ranting however the changes are so profound lately that game play is being affected. It "seems like" any time Daybreak sees players enjoying a part of the game they have to change it. Yes Dead Hills was easier than most. It was one of the few places in the game that seemed to scale with other games as far as the feeling of "getting somewhere" and was a popular area for people to get AA's, level up, use their loyalty potions, and spend cash on more portions. Daybreak, you do realize you are cannibalizing portions of your game for short-term profit instead of understanding that certain areas like that are what drive the game.

This reminds me of a Peanut cartoon I saw once. Linus was playing with a ball. Lucy decided he was having too much fun with it. She took the ball away and gave him a rubber-band instead. Linus started having fun with the rubber-band and it made Lucy mad.

A little out of context but you get the meaning. My concern.... I lost 8 people in my game circle last week. I can not imagine the global impact of the changes that were made to the game. My char did not auto log off last-night. I got on this morning and was still in Dead Hills. After 12 hours I could scroll up and still see where i left off. People did not come to this zone because they disliked it. This was a huge Krono and Adventure potion market for you guys. This change will not prove to be a positive impact to the game, players, or your pocket book.

Sincerely,

Disheartened
    Really bummed out that I lost so many good game friends to these recent changes. <--- root cause of my rant.
  2. Coronay Augur

Celebrate good times, come on ! :p:)
  3. Sobmre Augur

I'm still crying about hhk and bixie monster missions

Sobmre The Burning Champion -Stromm-Luclin
  4. Gumby Augur

The Gribble kiddies can all go jump into a burning pool of filth for all I care.

Good riddance.
    Hostile Meat Wizard and Viper1 like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

I can understand liking something. I don't understand the draw in doing what everyone knows was a couple of eazy mode HA's in the same zone repeatedly. The changes may be why they left but I have to think that if those were the only things that kept them logged in then they were going to be gone sooner or later anyway
    sifonin and Viper1 like this.
  6. Sobmre Augur

I did like the idea of logging in, playing for 2 hours and getting good exp and logging off tho.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

[IMG]

Good.
    Viper1 likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How very empathetic of you.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And of course Dead Hills is dead mainly because there is a new expansion many are playing in including myself . I don't think the primary reason is the cotf ha nerf. But sorry for those hurt by the nerf. I think the Cotf HA nerf was wrong ans should not have been done and it just another nail in the coffin for the more casual players.

Unlike some on this forum I actually take the time to look at things from another person's perspective.
    Garshok likes this.
  10. Duhbeast Augur

Time to realize your circle was gobbling too much gnob. Find some real adventurers out there, they exist.
    Hostile Meat Wizard and Viper1 like this.
  11. Sobmre Augur

Its still good exp just takes like 10-25 mins longer
  12. Blankslate Elder

You'll care when there isn't enough revenue to keep EQ alive. Maybe you can buy one of the servers and keep playing by yourself. Don't forget to turn out the lights.
  13. Zehn Lorekeeper

Why would I care? All I would lose is the game to play. I have no mouths to feed based on how well or long the game stays profitable. Being just a tad grandiose there aren't ya? Really, life will go on once EQ sunsets, I promise it really will.
  14. segap Augur

Nerfs to Gribble might not be good short term, but long term health, they're probably a good thing. Even the people that have been doing those for the most of the past two years will eventually get bored doing the same thing over and over again. I have no problem with encouraging more exploration. Just prefer the carrot over the stick. But it also seems like Gribble was holding a giant candy bar that most would prefer over a carrot.
  15. svann Augur

Its 2 expansions old. Shelf life is expired.
    Silv likes this.
  16. 16YearVet New Member

Fixed.
    Bandien likes this.
  17. Sobmre Augur

who cares, the new mission are stupid easy
  18. Nissassa Elder

I actually enjoyed mindless grinding in Deadhills HA while there was nothing much else to farm, but now since we need so many random drop augs to fill our new gear. I see no reason not to grind in new ha's and farm augs while you plow easy ha's. It will only be a matter of time before there is a new favorite grind spot for people to chill at.