Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tris Augur

And you are not forced to reply to my post, but we arent discussing free will here ?
  2. Steampunk Augur

I foresee a lot of drama also, but I am also catching a whiff of something a little unusual. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but there seems to be a tone of "no, we are not going to vote, we are not going to poll for opinions, we are not going to be all over the board trying to please everybody". Has a line in the sand actually been drawn? This could be interesting. Don't burst my bubble, let me dream for a while...
    Actonup likes this.
  3. Zublak Augur

Here's the thing a lot of you need to keep in mind when complaining about RF/LJ not getting instancing right now. If they announce they will instance RF/LJ, they'll lose a lot of people that plan on going to the new TLP. They don't want to hurt the numbers they'll get on this new server by offering raid instancing for the current TLP's. That's just business.

Mark my words though, unless they merge RF and LJ, I bet you'll see raid instancing on one if not both in the next 6 months.

Have fun with 3 more months of Classic though /wrist.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I think I'm gonna cry. Thank you DBG. Can I hug you Roshen? (No .... unless... never mind.)
  5. darkvixyen73 Augur

I will be there and I will be working with Aszuth on a guild there more than likely I will play a paladin again. Our old friends should feel free to join us again.
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

Cleaning this thread up a bit.

This thread is specifically for conversations about the new server.

If you want to post about guild recruitment, please do it in the guild recruitment forum.

If you want to talk about other servers (either live servers that just got The Broken Mirror, or other progression servers that have a different rule set than this server), please continue those conversations in other threads.
  7. Milburn Pennybags New Member

Personally I'm really looking forward to this server. I've played on every TLP server since Combine and trust me I have no illusions that there won't be a ton of boxers on this server but I also believe that the numbers will still be drastically reduced. You add the raid instancing on top of that alongside the base instance spawn which is open to everyone and you have the perfect recipe for me to be a happy camper. I'm generally involved with the hardcore raid guilds and I may still follow that path on this server as well but the competitive argument is still satisfied with this ruleset and I think it's a more than fair compromise for all the casual crowds as well.

Good work on this Daybreak, now give us back old Freeport and you'll be A-OK in my book haha!
    Kridina likes this.
  8. taliefer Augur

any chance of you guys considering starting the 90 day unlock after the expansion is actually beaten? i love the no voting aspect of that, but i still think the expansions should be beat before the timer starts
  9. Lejaun Augur

I agree on the automatic 90 day unlock, no questions asked, after an expansion is beat.

Let's be realistic, for the first few expansions it won't do more than add a week or so to the time to unlock. Later on as the server shrinks and expansions get harder, it will make a lot more sense and give players time to get the gear, levels, and AA's necessary to beat the expansions before the next one is on our doorstep.
  10. Finley Augur

I think 90 day unlock regardless of expansion being beat is preferable because then players will be able to map out expansion unlocks far in advance and plan accordingly. The expansions are almost always defeated in under a week, so making it a requirement for unlock just throws in a small variance.

It'd be better to do 97 day unlocks if you need that one extra week so bad.
  11. Feradach Augur

Still can't believe they're going through with this. The Phinny server will be a ghost town in three months. Going back to everyone on a single box may sound nostalgic on the surface, but the overall population is a fraction of what it was in the beginning. I just don't see how this could ever be successful.
  12. Lejaun Augur

If the server draws in new (old returning) players to subscribe, draws in people to buy Kronos to trade for gear/plat, and the revenue passes the cost of setting up and running the server, it will be a success.
    Kridina likes this.
  13. Sithil Elder

Oh no, people will have to play and interact with other players on this new server. What kind of madness is DBG stooping too? Stick to boxing on live.
    Your_Ad_Here and Balaine like this.
  14. MBear Augur

That seems a little dramatic. They aren't requiring anyone to single box.
    Comments in other threads seem to indicate that at least a simple majority of the people active on the forums here are probably going to be boxing.
    I don't think the 18 box groups were ever the specific population keeping a server active and alive.
  15. Steampunk Augur

A lot of people seem to be in disagreement with you. Regardless of how it turns out, there have been a lot of things happen that a lot of people just couldn't see ever being. So, maybe you'll be right. Maybe you'll be wrong. Maybe something else will happen. There is only one way to guarantee, beyond any shadow of a possible doubt, that Phinigel fails is to not try it at all.
  16. Lejaun Augur

I think people also said that Ragefire would be a colossal failure. It ended up being so popular that they needed to make queues and a second server. Those two servers generated a ton of subscriptions, Kronos sales, ornament, bag and experience sales. From a business perspective, the TLP's have been a massive success even if they stopped this very second.

There is little doubt that Phinigel server will do the same.
  17. Crackers Augur

@Roshen - A specific question about this new server. Is there a plan in place to gauge interest ahead of time? Some of us are worried about a repeat of Ragefire/Lockjaw with log-in queues being jammed, the server being full, and people not being able to play and then having a spin-off server almost a week later.

I'm sure the logistics of trying to get an even shot in the barrel on numbers is difficult, but what is being done to vet whether two servers would be necessary this time? Obviously there is significant numbers already interested by the buzz the forums have.
  18. BrigetteCT New Member

Ok I tried to read all 15 pages of this thread so far and to (hopefully) make sure I am not repeating a question, I did a search for the word "defiant" and clicked this thread only.
    That being said, My only question about this new progression server is:

"Will there be any chances for defiant gear to drop BEFORE defiant gear was introduced into EQ?"
    Because if defiant gear can drop earlier than it was actually released, then that is not the real EQ experience I am looking forward to replaying. Thank you!
  19. Finley Augur

It has not been answered for certain, but I don't believe defiant gear has been made available early on any past progression servers (I know during PoP on Vulak I could make a character and get the early level defiant equivalent in the tutorial, but it wasn't actually defiant). Roshen is putting together a FAQ that will be ready after Thanksgiving, but this may not even be addressed because I just don't think it is on anyone's radar as it is very unlikely to happen.
    Kridina likes this.
  20. Taledar Elder

Wooooooooooooooooooooooot! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.