Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

That's kind of my point. Resources was the reason ultimately given by the developers. Clearly that's not at issue so . . . Daybreak just wants us to suffer? I've never seen such abusive policies by a company.
    Simone likes this.
  2. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

what do you mean by box armies? - Boxing was out oft the option for the server - that is unless you have 7 machines laying around your desk.
  3. Xanadas Augur

I can't begin to express how irate that is going to make the other TLP server populations. You have the tech, yet refuse to use it... Wow, just...... wow...
    Simone and Agrippa like this.
  4. Thegoat Elder

Didn't we just play Classic? Swing and a miss...
    squidgod and Xanadas like this.
  5. Tachyon Augur

That's not really a relevant concern once everyone has a path to the mobs and drops they need. Will some people do what they have always done, sure! But it will no longer stop the more relaxed guilds from doing the same thing at their own pace.
    Elkay likes this.
  6. Tachyon Augur

Some people enjoy the old school target competition game. No reason to take that away from them!
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Just like the previous round of progression servers, RAF benefits will not be active on Phinigel.
    Argosh and Tudadar like this.
  8. squidgod Augur

[IMG]
  9. Herf Augur

Just to be clear: what does the lockout mechanism on the raids mean: is it locking out a given player, or a guild, or what?

I've just spent a lot of time making characters on Ragefire. But I may well try this out, particularly if friends do.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

I have 11 computers in my house as I actively fix them/work on them as an occupation. I could recruit two more people whom I know from a decade in EQ who box and also have 4 - 8 computers they'd be able to use.

Do I intend to do this? Hellz to the no because the new server is going to be a breeding ground for people who whined and complained on the other TLPs. You can't offer me anything that would make me want to deal with those people in my day to day life.

Do others intend to do this? Hellz to the yes. I've already spoken to the guy who farms Naggy/Vox on Ragefire and he is going to be on the new server with most likely one or two other "box armies" from RF/LJ and their sole intention is farming the dragons to sell their loot.

So the question remains, are you going to enforce this behaviour if they follow all the rules you have but still do exactly what it is you don't want them to do?
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I presume this is why:

"Bosses like Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen, and (/cough) Phinigel Autropos (hey, THAT’S where we got the name!) will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO be able to have these targets available to them via Raid Instances."
  12. Elkay Augur

This. That's why I said I'm glad we have both instanced and contested content available. Something for everyone. Nobody is completely blocked from content that they would like to play, which is the most important thing.
  13. Sennik Jevest Elder

SO MUCH WIN. I do agree with a couple of the other comments. If there was a version of this server that was PVP, BUT if you did decide to go down that avenue. Which TRUST ME would be extremely well received. There is a limit to how far the expansions go on such a server before dis-interest is found. From the days of Rallos Zek, where you could loot one item and coin per kill on someone was the most fun i've had in any game ever. However, it became stale when LDoN and PoP were released with the safe zones and the no drop items. I believe i'm just being hopeful and whimsical. But I did want to put it out there that there is an interest. One I know is shared by many.

Anyways, about Phinigal. I have no complaints except that I wish it was coming out even sooner! Great job on this Roshen don't let the haters hate. This server is going to be my home for many years to come. I am truly ecstatic about it. Thank you!!!
  14. Silventh New Member

Will we need to set up anything special for when there is multiple players are in the same house using the same ISP? If so can we get instructions on how to have this setup in advance?

I know when I played 1999 we had to petition to setup.
  15. halfpint77 Lorekeeper

Well if you do actually have and intend to play those 7 machines - they are fine with that. Even if you do, that's the wonder of this new server.. everyone has the option to get the targets because everyone can get an instanced version of that mob. So, the only useful purpose I see for actually boxing however many characters you want is to form your own exp group. And imo, that makes it pretty pointless, but i am sure it will exist/happen.

- This is from the post from Rosheen
    "
    Raid Instancing
    The big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. While bosses like Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen, and (/cough) Phinigel Autropos (hey, THAT’S where we got the name!) will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO be able to have these targets available to them via Raid Instances."
  16. mackal Augur

EQ (and their other games) already detects and bans if you try to run the game in a VM.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

Maybe for you, but people think this new server is going to be a safe haven and will never have stuff like this here.

They're going to be EXTREMELY upset when they realize that nothing has changed its just made it much harder for people to do
  18. Elkay Augur

The argument of "well people can computer-farm-box and still lock down content" is negated by the fact that the content now has instances and you can simply avoid said folks if you really want to. Will the people that want to box in said manner and uber-camp still get ahead? Sure, but if that's how they want to have fun, let them have their fun. Others can have fun scheduling instanced raids on their own time. All of the content is now accessible to people willing to put the time in to get adequate enough gear to take the content down.
  19. -wycca Augur

We've been asking for instancing since the servers launched. You guys did it after saying you couldn't - yaay. Why isn't it available to the servers who have been asking for it? Is this a profit/business decision or is there some arcane technical reason perhaps? Frustrating as a player.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes, we're at a point where we can do raid instancing, and implement code that will prevent players from boxing from a single machine. While we know that these things are frequently requested, not every player on Ragefire and Lockjaw wants to see their server dramatically changed.

The decision was made to make these changes on a new server, and NOT to change things drastically on Ragefire/Lockjaw.
    Kridina, Argosh, rune00 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.