How do you resize the UI?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasmgp, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Thomasmgp Elder

Im playing on a 40" Samsung UHD TV at 3840x2160 resolution and the UI is so small its actually painful to play. How do I fix this problem? In other games theres a UI scaling bar where I can increase everything to like 150% but I cant seem to find that option here.
    EX0stasis likes this.
  2. svann Augur

For most of the ui its not easily resizable. People have modified the interface (through much effort) and you can download those mods from eqinterface and that will help. Thats a pretty hefty resolution though. For your chatwindow you can adjust the font by typing /chatfontsize 5. I dont know how high that goes but I use 5 for a 2560x1440 resolution monitor.
  3. Thomasmgp Elder

Unfortunately if i drop the resolution everything either looks like crap or my viewable EQ window goes down to 25% of my screen. Also all the custom UIs seem to be for half my resolution.
  4. Graymane84 Journeyman

You are playing a game never meant for those kinds of resolution. I'd say drop your telly resolution if that is possible -)
  5. Thomasmgp Elder

how dare they not make games for 4k resolution back in 1999! Dropped it down to 2560x1440 and that is A LOT better.
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. moogs Augur

I just manually resized all of my windows, the hotbar buttons, and the chatfontsize. Took a bit more than 10 minutes because of OCD pixel alignment.
  7. jude New Member

Try to go into general settings and change to windowed mode and select the largest resolution you see there just hooked up to a 32 inch monitor and have to turn my head and lean to the side to see all of the screen
  8. Garcielle Journeyman

I use 2560x1440, /chatfontsize 5 is great at that resolution. For 4K try /chatfontsize 6. Resize your chat windows (hint: use multiple chat windows, guild, group, etc). You can resize most windows in game. To make the Hot Bar larger, Right Click an empty Button Slot and use the slider to resize, or Right Click at the end of the bar and select Button Size.

...and have Fun!
    Borek-VS likes this.
  9. Spleen Journeyman

chatfontsize seems to change the size of the text in the chat window ok, but doesn't change the size of the text when your actually typing. Any solutions for that ?
  10. Anhari Augur

The only way to change the font size on the typing line is to modify the chat box interface. I don't have the settings, but if you read through the xml, (and you have a clue about what you are doing <g>) you should be able to change the size. It may take some trial and error, and changing the setting is a pia since there is no "real-time" interface to see results without doing log-in, view change, log-out, make change, log-in, etc.

I am the need to change this myself, and may do so soon. If I do, I'll post what to change.

Ariprex - Phingal Server)