Grannus of the Cleansing Steam mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by wingz-83, Nov 22, 2015.

1. wingz-83 Augur

Tried this with two different groups.

Once he gets down to ~50 percent he starts going into a super regen mode. The emotes say he's vulnerable to casting but he reflects everything, procs, banestrike, only melee he's vulnerable too and his regen is faster than we can get it down. Am I missing something or is it just broken?
  2. Donutsz12 Elder

It has super regen but it is beatable. I don't see an issue with it
  3. Malacath Journeyman

Curing/splashing the transference or whatever its called debuff while standing on him breaks his spell reflect and regen so just have everyone stand on him and a pally splash every time the emote goes off
  4. Malacath Journeyman

NM just tried this again today and appearently after the Adds die he stops emoteing the transference and the shield break emote goes off but he still reflects
  5. Axxius Augur

He's lying about the shield being broken and keeps reflecting. :rolleyes:
    Iila likes this.
  6. Gumby Augur

Had to just burn this thing to the ground at the start. Tried doing it the way I am assuming it should work, but there is absolutely nothing that works once he begins regening.

No adds were up besides that stupid unicorn. Cured the debuffs on players and nothing worked at all.

This mission, like quite a few seems very very BROKEN.
  7. Drakang Augur

We had the same issue in that form at 50%. He rapidly regenned to 100% and we could not budge him. We were heavy on casters and light on melee so not being able to land any spells at all even when he said the shield was down did not help.

Guess if you had a massive melee burn you might could get him down but not sure.
  8. wingz-83 Augur

Hopefully you're not a developer....wouldn't surprise me though the way this expac was rolled out.
  9. Randragon Augur

We beat post patch by burning the heck out of him. Offtanked the adds and just powered through him fast before the regen. Then go up to the portal room and use /tar portal and beat that up for the win. Took a few tries to learn it by trying to kill adds and get back on him but we did it the burn the down method.
  10. Iila Augur

It's beatable the same way most of the bugged missions in this expansions are.
  11. Stomped Journeyman

Necro post, but it requires exactly 151K dps to beat this (if he locks in melee regen mode) otherwise you must win on the original 'burn' or you lose.
  12. Aghinem Augur

Put a team of 6 people together; no mercs. Have one person offtank the adds, while the other tanks the main boss. Alternatively you can have 1 person just AoE aggro and tank the adds & Grannus.

Now... DO NOT KILL THE ADDS. If you kill any add, he will certainly go into super regen mode. Just do a full burn on him - and leave the adds alive. They will despawn at the end of the fight.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

Thats like the only mission I put my healers on the bench.. I boxed it many time with war/ench/wiz+3wiz merc *both ench/wiz group geared.. its a bit more flakey since manaburn was nerfed to get all 3 achievements but it still go down in a few seconds...
    Xanathol likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

We did the same - no healers, all dps. Just hit flash -> deflect, burn, and ae aggro. 24 secs later it was over.
  15. DeadRagarr Augur

Did this with Wizard/Shaman/Enchanter/mage/wizard merc/wizard merc IIRC, and managed to barely burn it. First run it went into super regen mode and surprised us. Yes, it seems to bug out on the cleansing thing. Then again I still haven't got Grummus click to ever work, and just end up MDPS that one, so might just be doing it wrong.
  16. Kaliko Augur

I think you need to run gamparse and see who isn't carrying their weight...... I've beaten Grannus in under 30 seconds with just Raid zerker and sk. and 2 wiz mercs on burn.
  17. Hitty Augur

This is a raid mission for raiders... or at least a raid tank.
    Like many of the last missions in TBM a group geared combination has not much chance to stand against that. It is like the Anasthi Sul crap. Sad design... but perhaps intended that groupers get these missions perhaps after the next expansion if gear/AA fits (if they care about that because the only reason to do these stupid missions is collecting achievements... has nothing to do with fun...). Did it now 10 times a row, yesterday some tries. After 6h this mission makes sick. If it is ever intended to have strats (if shield goes down then the mobs should be attackable but not a single nuke or melee punch seems to stick) then its broken.

Tried with
    Group War/Bst/Clr/Enc/Mag/Dru
    Group War/Dru/Enc + 2x Caster Merc + 1x Healer Merc
    Group War/Dru/Enc + 3x Caster Merc on Burn (with Burn AA from Enc should it be easy...)
    After an initial time when the first adds pop, this mission is completely borked for group gear. Messages with shield down does nothing, no damage gets trough. Even with Curing all healing curses this is ridiculous.

So I assume something is wrong with the annoucement of the time frames for damaging him with spells/melee at about 50% of his life.

The only combo which worked was:

Raid War, Raid Dru, Raid Enc + 2x Caster Merc + 1x Healer Merc
    But only with pure zerging in about 30-40s

Wasted time for every grouper...
  18. Rakknar Elder

What if I told you I boxed it for all achievements with Warrior, Enchanter, Ranger or with Warrior , Bard, Zerker all toons in group gear; would that help?

Like you, I found the mission "broken" during the first week of the expansion. We had a caster heavy team and this mission is anti-caster in a sense. However, we still beat it the very first day we tried it. The key is to have enough melee damage to push past his absorb/reflect/whatever mechanic. This is around the 50% mark (its been a while since I used less then ideal group). Your groups are about as less then ideal as they can possibly be for this mission.

The best way to approach this mission is burst heavy dps (this is the best way to play EQ no matter what and I never understand why people are content to slow kill everything). First drop any healers (mercs) that don't need the mission. Healing is not needed. Warrior can go in 2 handed mode with Pain don't hurt, wade into battle, and a dps disc of your choice. Use heroic blade at about 50% w/e that anti magic stage is. Mage has to rely on the pet burns to get thru this as well. All casters should have used their biggest stuff right off the bat (ie. activated Chromatic haze) or risk having Grannus just absorb it. All burns should be running before Grannus enters camp. A War, Ench, Mage, Bst should be enough to get all achievements. If not, call in a pure melee friend (Zerk, Rog, Monk). And make sure your melee friend can actually rock a burn.

I know you don't want to hear this, but this is the easiest mission in TBM and its over in all of 12 seconds in the right group. And yes the right groups do exist when you are in a guild. When my logs are loaded, Ill show you an example parse of what I am talking about.
  19. Rakknar Elder

Here is the boxed parse...not the best but no need to try again.

/G Grannus of the Cleansing Steam in 27s, 15092k @558947sdps --- Ranger 6703k@248249sdps (291423dps in 23s) [44.41%] --- Merc (2 with the same name) 3071k@113751sdps (139604dps in 22s) [20.35%] --- Enchanter 2993k@110845sdps (149641dps in 20s) [19.83%] --- Merc 2014k@74585sdps (80551dps in 25s) [13.34%] --- Warrior + pets 311k@11517sdps (11517dps in 27s) [2.06%]

If you get it in under 30 secs you get the achievements.

And here is my zerker (group gear) in a group going thermonuclear...

/G Grannus of the Cleansing Steam in 12s, 14705k @1225418sdps --- Berserker 7138k@594792sdps (892189dps in 8s) [48.54%] --- Ranger 6376k@531372sdps (531372dps in 12s) [43.36%] --- Magician + pets 738k@61518sdps (73822dps in 10s) [5.02%] --- Magician + pets 258k@21491sdps (42982dps in 6s) [1.75%] --- Warrior 146k@12153sdps (18229dps in 8s) [0.99%]

Even that parse could be shorter since some people weren't even ready when Grannus came.
    As you can see the mob only has about 15 million hps. So, don't give up. Adjust your group if you can and make sure you have a few people who can bring it.
  20. RangerGuy Augur

Just find any pickup zerker doesnt even matter if they are good after EoK launches and get your achievements done before they get nerfed. Zerkers will destroy any dps class in any setting until changes occur, they are like 2-4 other dps classes dps in some settings with everything they got or was changed for them.