No box server Release date?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Poppanasty, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

Before generating something fitting her original statement? I think you'd be hard-pressed.

She's said something, done it, then reversed it later - but if she did that in this case it would start TLP and then switch to something else a month or two later.

Not aware of any case where she said something would happen and then not done it. [She did say queuing couldn't happen however - but she reversed that statement as soon as she found out it was possible]

Perhaps there's a case of not going through with something in her past, but I've not seen it - thusfar all I've seen of her stuff is if she says it's going to happen it's going to at least be given a trial run at a minimum.
    Tronk likes this.
  2. Tronk Augur

Until we hear otherwise, what is intended is what is announced (usually by Holly). Sure, things may change. There are way too many people who demand everything be set in stone.

But, she said it would be :
    • a TLP server,
    • with instancing of raids,
    • no voting for the expansions,
    • no botting permitted,
    • no boxing from the same computer (multiple EQ instances per PC)
    • traditional boxing being OK (one instance of EQ per PC),
    • due sometime around December (I assume that is optimistically speaking) or winter in general (realistically speaking).
  3. vardune Augur

No Botting....
  4. Poydras Augur

A classic no-box server.
  5. frankie78227 Augur

A classic box server is more like it.
  6. MBear Augur

I don't think I have heard that she said there would be no voting for the expansions. Do you happen to have a source for that?
  7. Tronk Augur

Doh, no I can't. As I recall it was a tweet shortly after the news broke and people were asking questions. But now I can't find much of anything on twitter.
  8. Steampunk Augur

I would be in favor of it, but I haven't seen such a statement. A simple, set schedule would eliminate one source of drama.
  9. MBear Augur

A simple set schedule that doesn't change would be great.

The whole "you can vote later, maybe" thing gets me all tied up. I also like to plan how far or fast I might play and level characters and tradeskills in order to meet objectives I set for myself before the next expansion. Having them open up with a week or two notice just sucks for the way I play.
    Obviously some people are much better than I at just adapting to the most recent vote.

I'd like an original vote about which expansion to unlock (no silly wording) and a vote for how many months between expansions (no silly wording) before the server even opens then it should stick to.
    In the absence of the poll, it should just be clearly available information that won't change.
  10. EQ1999 Elder

Unfortunately it would not eliminate two sources of drama.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

I'm going to drop this quote here too, so constructive conversations about the new server can continue.

"We have a new traditional box progression server with raid instancing scheduled to launch before the end of the year. Until then, we are focusing our time on an awesome new expansion for our core servers!"
    Jaxarale01, Silv, Actonup and 4 others like this.
  12. frankie78227 Augur

Thank you, Roshen.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Real question I'm sure most folks have is anyone that boxes on this type of server and gets caught using automated software or hardware what happens to them?
  14. Tinytinker Augur

I would also like to know what would happen to folks who take it upon themselves to be server police and train anyone they think is botting or farming. Also, what the repercussions will be for filing false botting accusations and stalking/harassing boxers...

Some lovely posts I've seen around the forums:

Go ahead and do that. I'll go ahead and train and report anyone that looks like a boxing team.
    I'm sure so will most of the server.

I get it that people are upset that there are farmers locking down all the good stuff, but a lot of the posts I'm reading and videos that I've seen are of groups in places where no one else is and there's 'witch hunters' out there determined to report 'someone' regardless of what is actually going on.

Some of you people need to stop /guidehelping to report "bots" that are clearly at the keyboard, or that you never even attempted to talk to yourself. Luckily Guide Yarlawion actually does his job well enough to confirm these things.

15. Kragin Augur

Hopfully do just that and "police the server" we know dbg wont.

Its a no "bot" server but we don't want people that "box" either it is discouraged, if you want to box, dont. Thanks.
  16. Tinytinker Augur

Attitudes like we're going to take it upon ourselves to police the server and train anyone we suspect is a boxer guarantee this server will be toxic. Look at it from the other side. How would you like it if someone decided you were a boxer and started training you, harassing you, and reporting you?
  17. Kragin Augur

It can be toxic all it wants, wont be half as bad as magefire/sockjaw with mage crews.
  18. Tual Augur

It's not discouraged, in fact it's being called a traditional box server, if you don't like boxing, don't log in to it.
    Tronk likes this.
  19. Finley Augur

If people want to carve out their own little toxic corner of the server because they thrive on drama then have it at. But it's going to require a lot of effort to be that unhappy.

This server is going to have plenty of room for everyone.
    Tronk likes this.
  20. Porygon Augur

How much effort does it require?

I play a melee, with a shaman box. How many buttons do I need to press to pay a shaman...like 3?