both beta and live patcher not patching

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zarakii, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Druidess New Member

I am in game now..so far its seems to be working
  2. Zarakii Augur

ah didnt notice it was the same person posting twice ty for that =)
    Im off to work hopefully you guys get in soon ^_^
  3. Arc76 New Member

Play button will not activate....
  4. Ekleips New Member

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-503)
  5. Druidess New Member

Back in Game, seems to be working well now. yay.
  6. Druidess New Member

Keep trying, it will work. Its a pain..but it works now.
  7. jathgnos New Member

I was able to get in, bypassing the launcher and using eqgame itself. There are players that are in right now, that have not logged out all day :) The launcher itself seems to be the problem.
  8. Capnzaps New Member

I tried shortcutting directly to the game exe but just got a little popup that said please use patcher.
    Still can't log in at all- patcher either terminates at the help link, the blank no connection, login screen or about every 6th try comletely broke down into bits all over my desktop, like when webpage fails to load styles, but loads content.
  9. Zarakii Augur

loading up in wineq windowed mode bypassed the patcher and let me in.. k now off to work happy hunting =)
  10. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Keep trying is not an answer. I have attempted to login over 100 times and still no luck. The solution should not be keep trying to login guys. But I guess I am off topic. This is not about game stability and login issues. This post is strictly so zarakii can confirm that others are having the same issue.

Any software company that has below 99% up time is pathetic. db is not even remotely close to that unless you count emergency patches as scheduled maint and consider down time only when servers are down and not when players can't login.
  11. jathgnos New Member

create a shortcut of eqgame, then right click on the shortcut, select properties.

In the target field type:
    C:\the correct directory\eqgame.exe patchme

It is just a quick fix, you will need launcher to update your game from time to time, this should only be used as a temporary solution.
  12. Kanarnai New Member

Confirmed, bypassing the launcher seems to let you in game for now until they resolve the patcher/launcher issue. I did need to add the "patchme" after the file path to the end of the shortcut target field for it to open.
  13. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Nice, now I am not able to login to db and cancel my recurring subscription. Guess I need to call bank and report my 3 month subscription and new expansion purchase as fraud. Done paying for a game that has a pathetic amount of down time/login issues. I was hoping things would be different with daybreak so I came back after a year of being fed up with soe . but clearly things are worse and it is time to finally say goodbye.

of course i will get a lot of negative feedback from those who think db can do no wrong and sub-par performance is acceptable.
  14. Capnzaps New Member

syntax.... The patchme is outside the quotes.... notation after the filepath, not part of the file path.. Now that will work for now, thanks for the info.

and

fwiw @ Morningdew: "Any software company that has below 99% up time is pathetic"
    Guessing you didn't play EQ during say.. Kunark and Velious rollouts eh? :p

fwiw II @ Morningdew: "clearly things are worse and it is time to finally say goodbye." backed with "of course i will get a lot of negative feedback from those who think db can do no wrong and sub-par performance is acceptable". Nope, no negative feedback there. CIHYS? ;-)
  15. CymruOne New Member

The new expansion should be called The Broken Server....... Reflections of a game in decay...... free Shroud of the Broken for early subscription.... can't logon right now and lost the majority of my play time over past couple of months what with AB server issues and now logon problems =(
  16. Lassiter Journeyman

I'm obviously doing something wrong. I just tried that and got a message saying it was invalid.

"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme"

Never mind. I just read Capnzaps post above after I posted this.
  17. Capnzaps New Member

closer... 1 account logged in from patcher flawlessly, I was all about to post a thanks and.. 2nd account (and any others now) are defauting to the new login page instead of the usual frontpiece. manually reentering account info bounces with an unable to process your request timeout.
  18. sifonin Augur

I got the same thing as capnzaps. Got home from work was able to log in main account seemlessly,
    Cannot log in any further accounts. Did they turn all servers into no box servers? Lol
    Vince likes this.
  19. Vince New Member

Notworking..I can get one in game - not two...

Bet it has to do with their attempt at a one IP server.
    sifonin likes this.
  20. Capnzaps New Member

I'm noticing- when the patcher does got to the usual frontage screen, the 1st existing login profile I select displays the current DBC, flipping through others also saved it fails to update that info even though the loading bar fills.