EM XX: explain please...

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Utumno, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Utumno New Member

I recently got an EM XX item and I don't understand what it does. I r a line that it makes my pet better, but if I could get an explanation on what it buffs that would be awesome.
    For instance what does (pet power increase 150) mean?
    I have been to the necro, mage and beastly Rd pages and I can't find anything that explains it.
    Thanks,
    Utumno
  2. Brohg Augur

Pet foci do not work like other spell modifiers.

When you cast a pet spell (Spirit of Avalit or Feralgia/CryattheMoon) with a pet focus equipped, you summon a whole different animal than when you cast the spell without it equipped. It's a more powerful pet all around, higher hits tougher etc.

The spell data about power increase is just so the client can work out which pet focus to be using if you have multiple equipped, the numbers don't mean anything or do anything.
  3. Siddar Augur

First your pet gets a cloak like below. Never give your pet a cloak item.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=96928

Second the pet you summon will also have its base stats altered based upon what EM you have equiped when you summon it. In the area of +20k hp and several 1000 AC will be added to pets base stats. Dont take those numbers as being anywhere close to exact though as its been years sense I saw a actual chart of what EM gave each pets in base stats.

EM pet focus is arguably one of the strongest focus lines in the game.
  4. Zezack Journeyman

I believe after EM~15 (a group caliber item), each subsequent EM is a marginal (nearing pointless) upgrade after the good lord deemed raid items should harbor no intrinsic superiority to group items as it comes to pet class earrings :(

But yeah brah, wear that thang
  5. Andronicus Elder

In fact, the EM20 was significantly more powerful than the EM15. I have EM23, and there is no comparison. My pet is level 105..

You can get EM16, droppable, on bazaar and not too hard to camp yourself. Chitin Stud.