Newbie Gloomingdeep Jail Break

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by nebulousram2, Oct 23, 2015.

1. nebulousram2 New Member

So, I hailed Arias, said "I would like to escape", and completed the "talk to Arias" quest, and message in Quest window reads: Arias has worked open the lock to your cell but he broke his chisel in the process. (No open lock in sight, but there is a locked jail cell) What am I missing?
  2. svann Augur

Its bugged right now. Did the same to me on 3 different characters. Sometimes it works, mostly not. Try logging out and back in and if that doesnt work then at character select unclick tutorial and it will take you to... pok or crescent reach, I forget which. I actually thought it was a beta bug but I guess its generic.
  3. nebulousram2 New Member

So I went into tutorial mode instead of the normal play mode and it works door opened immediately
  4. Lokeda Journeyman

I logged out then logged back in, jail cell was open. Started a new toon last night and had to do that. I killed the jailer then gave the key back to Arias. Window popped up and clicked it, transported me to the Gloom mines.
  5. Lighteningrod Augur

Lucky you were able to pass the cinema screen. Every character I have started for umpteen years has crashed during the opening.
  6. Geroblue Augur

I've seen the cinema opening many times. So I just click the Escape button on my keyboard.

After you accept Arias' escape quest, click on the Okay button and the jail cell door opens.

Kill the guard, loot the key. Give the key to Arias. Then click okay. You get teleported to the revolters part of Glooming Deep.
  7. Bobola New Member

Geroblue, the click Okay part doesn't seem to work anymore. (before the last patch, it's been working for what , 7 or 8 years?)

You have to /camp then the door is open and you can go kill the jailor. Then sometimes you have to camp again to get Arias to show up for the second time.

So something is broken in the door opening sequence.
  8. svann Augur

My previous post was slightly off. Click the enter tutorial button at character select. good luck.
  9. Borek-VS Augur

I just tried it: create new character, enter tutorial, esc to exit the screen show, accept Jail Break! task. Click OK, door opens. etc.

Worked fine for me. I can't think of any obvious error, so long as you are following the on screen prompts and looking at the right set of bars. I have experienced instance problems in the past, but that was in exiting the starter instance to reach the main cave.
  10. Lassiter Journeyman

That happened to me the other day. The cell door didn't open so I logged off. When I logged back on the door opened but Arias didn't follow me or help kill the jailor. I had to go back to the cell and give him the key. I created another new toon after that and everything worked fine.
  11. svann Augur

Theres an update note in beta forums that says they fixed it, and also that they pushed it to live servers too.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I created a new character about a week ago... clicking okay worked for me to.

But i'm not in the beta. Borek, did you sign up for the beta ? It could be something downloaded for the beta players that did it.

@svann, I see you mentioned a patch.
  13. Borek-VS Augur

I am in the beta, yes, but I run from separate directories.
  14. Geroblue Augur