Sorry , Lockjaw is no more

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ohayo, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaggster Lorekeeper

So I guess FI thinking they are "owning" the server like TL does Ragefire, makes FI the bad guys on Lockjaw?

I'm a logic .
    lennie likes this.
  2. Ebon Elder

?
  3. Soon Augur

Well, I think you guys should have stayed on RF if you want to do the content 2 months behind. RF is on 3 months unlock per expansion too. You could be enjoying killing the mighty noble/efreeti if you stayed.
  4. Glowerss Augur

FI doesn't own the server, but they think and act like they do. That's the problem.

Rather than work with the community, they want to control and dominate it. I don't think they're aware that this is 16 year old content and nobody is impressed.
  5. Jezzie Augur

Without a rotation or instancing, these servers were always destined to have 1 top guild. Citizen and TL may have had a good long fight on Fippy but on these servers the guilds are not "even" enough to compete against each other.
    Bad guys? That would be Daybreak. They screwed the pooch by not instancing beforehand, and it cost them.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  6. lennie New Member

sooo many bads, soo many mads. why after 16 years should Daybreak change the game for you?
  7. Jinx New Member

Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
    You wanted to play classic well here is a news flash, the first time around EQ end game was all about -blocking other guilds, getting there fastest, set up, buff up, and engage. If one guild is all powerful then recruit more players in your guild and beat them. I see tons of MM LoZ MiM etc... all over the place and yet FI rules? If you can't get it done guild merge, recruit, dominate. You know "classic"
    Alphont and Simone like this.
  8. Jezzie Augur

Well, this is nothing like classic. Been debated many times. We agreed that maybe it was this way on Tallon Zek and no other server.
    Maybe this is more like P99 but without the GM interference. Would that be more accurate?
    Maybe the instanced server will do a better job of retaining a player-base. I guess we'll find out, but the drama is currently the best recruitment tool for the new server.
  9. sugi Lorekeeper

In the end Faceless Insanity will win, all those that think otherwise well... god bless your innocence.
    This game as far as raiding is design for one group of 72 people.(until later expansions)

There will be a lot of bitter socking when kunark comes out on Lockjaw.

To those that thinks otherwise, I hope you will find peace about it.
  10. Jinx New Member

Fennin Ro TMO (The Mystical Order) vs DoA (Defenders of Ak'anon) / Severed (Reformed DoA) Launch through PoP was the most bitter and contested guild spawn war ever. And the most fun as both reached parity and became experts at fast set up and engagement. Maybe we are all to old for it anymore but watching the forums war brought back the memories and the feels for me, so I came back to EQ.
  11. Jezzie Augur

It looks like we're already headed towards SK box armies contesting the raids, I guess mage pets are old news now. I don't even bother with the planes, pretty much on lockdown with bot crews chain casting pets and /picking through zones.
    Is that classic?
  12. sugi Lorekeeper

Very well said.
    People think instancing server are the answer, the savior to EQ.
    When you take competition aspect out of it, this game becomes another care bear wow clone.

To those that thinks otherwise, god bless your innocence.
    Do the 1~60 again and again see if it changes anything.

To those that just enjoy everquest well..this game has been nothing but amazing to us.
    Thanks John Smedley, Brad McQuaid, Bill Trost, and Steve Clover
    Alphont and Zublak like this.
  13. Belit Lorekeeper

We will see who wins in the end.
    But it is not always about winning a race. It is about contesting and trying to win.
    Since we have our alliance with Modest Man, the "raid-game" isn't as boring as before.
  14. sugi Lorekeeper

This is very well said. Let me do a little editing.
    Quitter types joined Lockjaw because they quit ragefire because it's not perfect. Now they are quitting LJ to join the "Instance, no box server" because they don't have the power to compete with FI.

Quitters will always be quitters =)
    Elor and Alphont like this.
  15. sugi Lorekeeper

1. It's about winning.
    2.There needs to be competition. It is because of people like you that makes Faceless. Insanity enjoy the game just that much more. Thank you and God bless.
    3. I really wish nothing but the best for you guys and to prove me wrong.
    4. When tried and failed, please don't let ego and pride takeover logic and intelligence. (what I mean is if it is not possible to progress, you could always apply to FI)
    5. Remember, this game is design for one group of 72 people if you consider raiding as end game.

GL HF
  16. Zarakii Augur

there are always live servers with everything you want.... including cookies
  17. Simone Augur

We'll have plenty of time to kill the efreeti when Lockjaw moves to Kunark. If the current vote fails we might even get a chance to get the efreeti in era. I think you should have stayed with Peace of Formosa, you could have enjoyed doing raids during prime time instead of in the mornings.
  18. Lorong New Member

If enough people get pissed off and quit, the game will die. I used to play Warhammer Online, and as a guild leader of a pvp guild, my policy was - our objective is to kill them until they quit, and we were successful. I do miss Warhammer Online and let this story be a vision of a likely outcome if things keep going as they have been so far.
  19. sugi Lorekeeper

Exactly.
    You get it.
  20. Soon Augur

I am old... it would hurt if I had to bend my knee... and I usually spend my prime time with my kids. They are more adorable than the pixels. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.