Sorry , Lockjaw is no more

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ohayo, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingleberry21 New Member

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  2. Endtime Elder

This is very, untrue.
    Dingleberry21 likes this.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I threw up a like on your post because I respect a well-written and thoughtful post. I don't agree with everything you said, but I appreciate your kind words at the top, and thank you for the conversation.
  4. Alavaz Lorekeeper

As usual when reading your posts, I'm plagued by the question... WTF are you talking about?

Don't try to feed me this "you want it, you just don't know it." I, without a doubt, do not want another rotation. I do not want spreadsheets, I do not want grown adults all whining in a leaders channel, I do not want to deal with it when someone inevitably breaks it again (or the ensuing debate about who's really at fault). I do not want it. What's unclear about that?
    Bzazt and Sheex like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sorry, but to an outsider (never played on LJ and don't know a single player there) posts like:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/unification-a-lockjaw-manifesto.227538/

Are pretty textbook attention seeking/propaganda. Not to mention the additional cross postings afterwards bragging about beating this target or that, despite the poster's enemy guild claiming they'd never beat it? Good for them in beating it, but lul childish to parade it around. And it's all under the guise of "public information", with a repeated "Viva la Revolucion" catch phrase at the end of each of the posts. GG.
    Pinto_Bean and Jaxarale01 like this.
  6. Porygon Augur

I grow bored of this drama. Is kunark here yet?
  7. shaggster Lorekeeper

I dunno how a /CRY thread could end up so long. Why is this thread not locked?
  8. Lifetap Augur

Any predictions on lockjaw kunark drama?
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Everyone will have the bestest time, holding hands and killin' Dragonz! You heard it first.
  10. Vaclav Augur

I can agree with that in part. (Frankly it's why I quit months ago)

But people keep trying to make FI out like they're trying to be fair to everyone, when what they're doing absolutely isn't. If the server is expected to be fair, EVERYONE should be treated the same - be it FFA'ed similarly or treated as an equal partner a rotation or whatever else.

Don't paint them as fair or whatever when they're defying the definition.

And mind you, I know first hand the song and dance - I fell for it on Vulak. Where Zaide was playing both sides against each other with Machiavellian scheming - making and discarding friends willfully to trying to maneuver ahead.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  11. Hendar2 Augur

I discriminate all of the time. I don't treat restaurants equally for one. If I see a McDonalds in a new town, I've already formed my opinion without going inside.

I am quite prejudiced when it comes to recording movies on my DVR. I decide which ones I record, and which ones I ignore based on on little more than titles and box art.

It is OK to discriminate. Even on other criteria. I cannot go into the women's locker room, based solely on my gender. How many white people do you see in the Congressional Black Caucus?

And you should have seen the uproar when I suggested excluding married people from the church single's club (seriously). You'd think I walked in the room with a KKK outfit on snapping salutes and spouting ethnic slurs.

Its OK to discriminate as long as it isn't hateful. Although I see nothing wrong with hating any romantic comedy with Carrot Top in it.
  12. Vaclav Augur

All that stuff is correct - but you don't claim to be fair to all those you discriminate against while doing it.

It's fine to discriminate when you don't claim to be fair however.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Good sir, was this a reference to Chairman of the Bored and perhaps even Norm, le Savior of Interviews?

If so.../captip!
  14. Decrepid Journeyman

If you've been following this thread there is a clear winner for that award and even after people trying to let him know that he isn't smarter than the server just because he thinks he is that he goes and calls someone else stupid again for stating that he is not smarter than the server.

Seriously...can we just ban this guy with his constant ad hominem attacks from the forum?

Who is this person in game and why hasn't modest man kicked him from the guild? He's as bad as the Darth soundboard only he never ever stops and has to ad hominem his way through everything. Or is that just the MM way? Seriously?
    Zublak likes this.
  15. Decrepid Journeyman

Thanks Aneuren...don't know you in game, but I know there are many different positions and when people can at least respect other people's right to have an opinion it makes the server better. I know lots of people don't want instancing (like me), but I think that the problem with the community was the bloat and a general lack of respect towards each other as much as anything else.
    Aneuren likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Constant ad hom? 1% of my posts or some such? I bet the last was a month or longer ago.

Yea... Ok... I try to post constructively regularly - and only ad hom when people take something and TLDR it into something completely different. Seriously, if you don't want to be called out for being stupid, don't respond to something as if you can't read the English language. (And in fact, not to toot my own horn, but I've been recognized as a good poster in PMs by a member of the moderation staff)

And sorry, I find it a personal insult - much like an ad hom when someone reads something and takes some random translation of it that no rational mind could fathom. If you can't expend the effort in making sure to try to understand what someone is saying, there's no reason to be part of the conversation.

PS - Who I am is clearly listed in my sig, I was an old friend of Zaide and Darth's, a founder of DHS (and member here) - that quit the server back in late July because of all of the writing of this stuff being on the wall. Including tells from friends in Faceless (zero in MM mind you - like 3 lines of banter is the most I've talked to any of them) about their plans to "screw over MM" for one perceived slight or another. And I've used that name on every primary character I've used since 2002. (And pre-2002 I used Vaclav - shocker, I know)

Heck, Darth himself sacrificed his friendship with me over his stubbornness to make the rotation fair back in the initial pre-Daybreak days when I tried to discuss with him how fundamentally impossible the initial requirements to become part were for many guilds. (Since it involved stealing a spawn from a rotation guild [drama most guilds would rather avoid], winning a DPS race for a FFA [drama most guilds would rather avoid, plus the whole stacked deck and issue that many would prefer to avoid] or clearing Sky in 3 hrs [which was pre-buff so while theoretically possible with a keyed force would be on the edge of doable - remember Ekim Nottap timers and such])
  17. Batbener Augur

Quiter types joined Lockjaw because they quit ragefire because it's not perfect. Now, they are quiting LJ in droves, and you are shocked by this? I need a capital W bigger than this one for my WOW.
  18. shaggster Lorekeeper

Wow,

Wow, now your some mathematition or something important that knows Lockjaw is losing people.
    Really., where are your facts coming from?
  19. Batbener Augur

I don't think "important people" know what a Lockjaw is. Facts? I know a bunch of my friends, and I have many, that don't play there anymore. Some moved back to Ragefire. Some are waiting for the new server, and some are waiting on Kunark.
  20. Jezzie Augur

Batbener may indeed be an excellent mathematician whereas I am in charge of the spelling department.
    [IMG]
    To be honest you would be the only person I know that moved back to Ragefire. I'm assuming the difference between the 2 servers is 1 server has a top guild "owning" the content (for lack of a better term), the other server has a top guild trying to do the same and I think the servers split over acceptance and outrage.
    I really don't feel like playing on either server. This "competition" which means getting out of bed in the middle of the night and sitting on spawn spots for hours on end doesn't sound like anything I would pay for. Daybreak couldn't pay me to go through that!

There has been a drop in population on Lockjaw. Players are maxed and instead of alts, they're finding other stuff to do and it seems many only login for raids
    I'm sure the population will increase when Kunark unlocks so people can xp/gear up. Probably go stagnant again when Velious unlocks on Ragefire, assuming that many players are actually playing both servers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.