Invis pot nerf?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morningdew, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Did invis pots get nerfed or am I just having incredibly bad luck.

I have had over a dozen deaths on 3 chars today only due to invis pots dropping every time I get near more than 3 mobs. I would say I am averaging about 8 secs per pot, I almost have to chain cast invis pots or I will get aggro (most likely die since fade was mostly nerfed). I have never seen anything remotely close to this.
  2. Picaresque Augur

My experience so far with multiple characters across zones and DH HA is that the reliability of the Cloudy Potions is approaching that of the Yugo. The RNG has likely been changed at some point. I have had it last ten minutes or more and I've had it fail after only about ten seconds, whether alone or with nearby mobs. I have also had reliability problems with Superior Camo on my Ranger. I'll take a guess and postulate that the Devs decided too much content was being bypassed and injected a sense of "adventure" to traveling.

Bard's Selo's Song of Travel did not seem to be affected.
  3. Vlorg Augur

just bad luck.

if we need a cash sink, invis pots won't do it.

but keep going.. these concern have only been around for 16 years.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Create an audio trigger for "You feel yourself starting to appear.". This gives you 6 seconds warning before you appear. Cloudy Potions are instant cast and can be used while moving, you have 6 seconds to hit one. You can make a hot key and/or put them on your bandoleer.
    Crystilla, Silv and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Malbro Augur

Better yet, make them fixed length:D
    GoneFission likes this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

im not going to say never will happen cause as we all know with EQ never doesnt really mean anything take for example Vetplayer who quit but hasnt really :p lol j/k had to throw that in there
    Silv likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I clicked my jboots yesterday and was ported to the Wakening Lands and killed by Wuoshi. Who changed my jboots :(.
    Iila likes this.
  8. Iila Augur

Probably shouldn't afk for an hour after clicking your jboots.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Lassiter Journeyman

I moloed a warrior for a long time and had the same aggravation with invis pots and clickies wearing off at the worst times. I started boxing a druid mostly for the ports, but he also came with shared camo, a group invis AA that stays up for the duration. I also box a mage that has group perfected invis that doesn't wear off. I think wizard has it too, but I'm not sure. It's a lot nicer running around knowing invis won't wear off.
    Motherlee likes this.
  10. Motherlee Augur

Too many posts in this thread are unnecessarily snarky. You don't know that DBG wasn't breaking something again. If you can't say something nice, STF up.

Wizard, enchanter and magician get permanent group invis. Everyone who is complaining about boxing needs to seriously heed a complaint that affects any single boxer.
  11. Gundolin Augur

I think Cloudy potions probability of dropping has always been in exact proportion to the amount of danger you are in if it drops. ;)

But seriously, set up a voice activated warning and keep them in your potion bar. I haven't had much trouble monitoring it and clicking them since I added the audio warning.
    Motherlee and Silv like this.
  12. mackal Augur

Motherlee likes this.