AOE team

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by whitedawg, Oct 21, 2015.

1. whitedawg Lorekeeper

what would be a good aoe team i know wizard and mage have aoe spells. what about sk swarm will that go nicely with the two casters aoe spells? can a lvl 5 merc tank on silver account hold aggro if there is a mass pull? or will i need get a warrior/sk to be able pull mobs off my casters when they do aoe dmg? I can 4 box if i need to just as long as i can put my casters on auto with hot keys.
  2. Andronicus Elder

Go for it!

I know of *very few* lvl 5 groups employing the advanced tactics using mage/wiz AOE plus SK swarm.

Let us know how it works out.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

He probably meant tier 5, but then...
  4. Gundolin Augur

Try it, it might be fun. But in general I have not found Mercs to be able to hold multi pull agroe effectively. Of course I we didn't usually use Tanks on PBAOE groups unless the SK was pulling.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

yes, I thought most AoE groups relied on chanters to keep everything stun locked, thereby not requiring a true tank.

You just need a puller that can handle a little bit of a beating if the pull gets a little dicey.

Tat
  6. Zarakii Augur

end game warrior zerk rog monk = LOTS of dead stuff quick and easy or just war and zerk x3 but that would get boring fast
  7. Ruuin New Member

This is how I AOE and it is by NOOOOO means the best way...it just works for me:

• Chanter pulls train with full runes up(mounted)
    • Chanter takes back to camp(and recasts PolyXXX rune
    • Mobs arrive Chanter chain casts Stun and PolyXXX rune to lock aggro (after like 4-5 poly casts aggro is locked)
    • Mage Beams
    • Wiz Casts AE (if he is even logged in)
    • Profit

I pull 30-40 lt blues in Grounds like this and have Mage grouped with PLee...Chanter is out of group.

Lots of variations with Chanter in group and Mage casting surge on Chanter in between beams.

None of these include any mercs or healing.

Its how I also clear Anguish for Orbs, but that is just more a matter of do I have an hr to kill. With a decent chanter you don't need a healer toon. Just a few stacks of peridots since the group rune is good for a 49k 'Heal" every 6.5 sec and old world mobs are doing no where near that kind of DPS

My toons are all group geared so raid geared folks would be doing WAAAAAY more than this, but my setup is a good indication of what is possible with minimal work/effort. Just make sure you beam in an instance or during low play times....mass pulls in a normal zone is just being a jerk.
  8. whitedawg Lorekeeper

Yes i meant tier 5 merc sry for the confusion there. Thanks Ruuin. I started a mage, wizzy, enchanter team so I am on the right path. SK in the group is just too much for me 3 box will be better. What you describe doing Ruuin is what I want to do thank you. Glad I dont need tank to do it.
  9. whitedawg Lorekeeper

Sry question I posted to soon on accident. Do you run 3 merc healers just incase things go wrong? Im not aoe right now since I just started the team but I notice my wizzy resist a lot. I take it that will get better as he lvls. My team is lvl 41 right now.
  10. Ruuin New Member

It's more of a feel than a hard rule. With lt blue mobs they don't really get through a chain casting rune enchanter. So no healers. For regular XP That trio is deadly. I haven't found anything in the group game I can't handle. DPS is pretty good and the utterly overpowering CC Of the chanter is basically god mode.