Stability on Luclin as with AB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malbro, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

Welcome to Everquest!
  2. Igniz Augur

Consider yourself lucky. On the Stability AB-thread, try looking for the first DEV response (hint, three weeks, page 14).

Congratulations on the swift response, I will keep my fingers crossed for an equally swift resolution of your server's problems.
  3. Brogett Augur

Try 2 months (AB).

The symptoms are really obvious there. There as some things which are handled internally within the cluster that comprises "the server" - fighting, pulling, casting, etc - while there are other things that communicate back to the central San Diego server - rezzing, inviting to group/raid, zoning, tells, channels, logins, and possibly some heartbeat to keep people logged in.

The AB server link back to HQ fails, repeatedly. Lag arrives, tells fail, and if it gets bad enough everyone gets booted and the login server says DOWN. Once it's back, everyone logs in and even the same instance is up (although it may have suffered a rollback, presumably due to missed heartbeats), /uptime shows server wasn't down at all.

The bit of network / hardware handling this is obvious to diagnose, but so far the only thing they've done is switch off the marketplace because apparently it's causing too much network traffic and is triggering the failure to happen more frequently. Other than that, no communication, no apology, nothing at all other than ("looking into it") after about 1 month of players complaining.

Frankly I don't care that much any more though. I've started the witcher 3 DLC and will move on to Pillars of Eternity next. EQ sub ran out yesterday. Sorry DBG, you failed.
  4. Qualdyn New Member

What is going on? I can't stay logged in?
    I'm tired of seeing "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED"

Any idea when this will be fixed?
  5. McDougal Augur

Logged on to see if things had improved. Lasted 15 minutes until crash LOL. Meanwhile I looked at Holly Longdale's twitter page. " Luclin server will get updates/upgrades next Wednesday to help the ongoing issues. Downtime posted next week." Pretty disappointing. It's the weekend with EXP bonus and Luclin is unplayable. At least tell us what the problems are.
  6. Shogan Journeyman

wow consider yourself's very lucky and i get at least a bit jealous all it took for luclin to get recognized and a "promised" fix was 2 days or so ......
    AB is "working" with these troubles now for 8 weeks, with nada communication what is causing it, or why it isn't fixed (and sorry : we are looking at is no communication), lets hope it doesn't take them another 8 weeks to think about how to fix AB, yet allone doing it .....
  7. Rikkitikkitavi Journeyman

I was disconnected from Luclin three times yesterday and I believe it went down more than that. But when in game I typed /uptime, it indicated the server had been up for over 14 hours.

I wish there were some indication that the Devs even look at these threads.
  8. Ybidzian New Member

Disconnected, but most annoying is potion loss, or when you use Origin ow Brick of Knowledge and the destination zone refuses entry. Had that TOO many times in the last few days. Please fix this, we are paying customers.
  9. Amookkaj New Member

I haven't had any problems up until 2 weeks ago, when I got disconnected once a week. It really started 3 days ago with 5 disconnects and yesterday 8 disconnects.
  10. Amookkaj New Member

No kidding Malbro, you just posted that all over the forums, amazing you figured that out.
  11. Amookkaj New Member

As soon as it is fixed, it will be fixed.
  12. Amookkaj New Member

Wow Malbro again the same post in the 10th thread announcing Server down? lol

Daybreak scowls at you - Getting ready for server Crash - Looks like you could get pissed.
  13. Kobrah Augur

booom goes the dynamite
  14. chiin New Member

15. Windiwena New Member

there gonna take there time fixing this I guess, 8 weeks and AB aint even been fixed our future is looking bright.
  16. Kidiani Journeyman

WE NEED MORE POSTS!!!

AB stability post is beating Luclin-Stromm-Veeshan :(
  17. bob2 Journeyman

yeah..its getting old.
  18. Malbro Augur

Looks like Luclin going down again. Can't zone to The Grounds.

Yep, down again.
  19. Kobrah Augur

crash imminent ... 20 min tells
  20. Kobrah Augur

called it
    Benito likes this.