Dev's Treating players with distain or avoiding comments on player issues concerns please talk to us

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Koryu Professional Roadkill

How about when their explanation does not make sense? "We want to make pulling harder, so we're nerfing these abilities that were not used for pulling." Ehh? Run that one by me again. Tell me how Warlord's Grasp and Forceful Attraction were pulling tools for breaking a camp instead of positioning tools for tanking, I dare you.
  2. code-zero Augur

They saw the combination of being able to grab all NPC's and then fade as being an issue that made pulling considerable simpler
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Yes, in the specific situation of pulling a non-See Invis mob out of a group of other non-See Invis mobs at a rate of once every 3 minutes (the coodlwon of the fade), you could do this, which is the only way because Warriors don't have mez or pacify tools. But it is much easier to either find a real puller, or just tank everything, nobody wants to wait 3 minutes between pulls when a mob dies in 30 seconds. Again, those abilities were not designed for or used as pulling tools.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

They may not be designed to be used as pulling tools...but they were used by some in some situations as such. And in an area of three mobs where a warrior could die to, the ability to single pull one out of that trio means the warrior now only has to tank two at a time. Which could be far easier to do.

The thing really is this. We pay to play a game. Developers have every right to do whatever they want to do to their game. If we don't like it, we can voice our concerns and opinions. Which was done before the patch on a lengthy forum post about upcoming patch notes. The patch went in, and it is what it is. Any more complaining and whining is not going to change what has already been done. We all read the patch notes, we had ample time to voice concerns, developers chose to go ahead with the changes. What is done is done.

Now we as players have three options-

First, we accept the changes. We make some changes to how we play. And continue to enjoy playing this game.

Second, we can cancel our accounts and stop giving XBG money. This, of course, causes us to stop playing the game.

Third, we can come to an Internet message boards and scream and cry to the mountain top about the game, knowing that the voice will be ignored because (like what was stated earlier) what is done is done. In doing so, we can make ourselves look rather silly and foolish to those who are following options 1 and 2. It seems a few people enjoy option three for whatever reason.

I guess what I don't understand is if these people seriously believe that a random thread and/or random responses will actually matter. Like a developer is going to listen to new member Joe Schmo. We had out opportunity to voice our displeasure, and it was voiced. Now we move on...
    Picaresque and Tarvas like this.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Devs respond to threads on a whim and make decisions based on Joe Schmoe's suggestions. A change to Gut Punch was put into the game that removed it's damage component (and associated aggro) because 1 random guy suggested it. It probably takes volumes of posts to get attention on an issue just like how the same bug has to be submitted multiple times in multiple places before its existence is acknowledged. This particular issue has affected longstanding mechanics, affected playstyles, affected raids, and affected abilities that they shouldn't have targeted. What is done can and should be undone.
    Hiladdar and Motherlee like this.
  6. Vdidar Augur

how is that automated? clearly your not in touch with the game at all or the devs lol
  7. Vdidar Augur

and if you think i'm wrong about a money grab just look at the premium edition of TBM lol anyone placing a 140 dollar value on an eq expansion is just in for a money grab before it all ends
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, how much was the premium edition for TDS?
  9. Vdidar Augur

dont know didnt buy it. probably because it wasnt an option that i ever saw
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly. That was my point :)

So, why complain about how much this one is? It wasn't even an option before, so how important could it be to get it now.
  11. Raynrace Augur

A lot of speculation. Current events suggest a healthy future for DBG. Moving, new equipment, new expansions for EQ and EQ2 and other games thriving.

Unfortunately, the big picture could be different for EQ than for DBG, you never know but the speculation makes no sense. An expansion says we are ok for now. I would be more concerned for EQ2 than EQ and if we see EQ2 start to fail then it would be more concerning for EQ.

Any owner of DBG that thinks they can force us to play EQN by making EQ or EQ2 less desirable is simply a fool and needs a reality check. As it is I will not play EQN, I dont like it at all. I play EQ and no other games for a reason and one of the biggest being my investment in my toon since May of 99.

I dont like the changes made to agro/end regen in raids due to fade/pulling etc but this is their game. If you dont like it, then you speak with your money. If enough dont like it then a stupid decision by the devs will cost them their jobs. Pretty simple.

AB is an issue I see that DBG has really dropped the ball on. They need to communicate to the playerbase about it. Is it something out of your hands and unfixable? A simple solution if its hardware... I know Tunare is a dead server, I left it 2 years ago, I am sure there is at least one or two servers that could be bolstered and become more healthy with a server merge. Then, you can take the now free server and make it the new AB server.

It was my understanding that the new owners were also gamers, no reason to think they dont play or at least test EQ. The number one reason everyone says EQ has lasted a long time is because its not easy. Would it not be plausible that the owners said find a way to make EQ more challenging again and this was an agreed upon answer by them? Maybe they should talk to the playerbase more, I dont know...

I will most likely end my gaming experience with EQ, I have no desire to put so much effort into another game and I have tried at least 5. The only other game I really liked was Vanguard but even it had too small a number for raids and guilds which made it much less successful on the social aspect, I would even say if it had 36 man raids I would have chosen it over EQ.

Everyone has different opinions and its hard to please everyone, if enough have the same opinion, impact can happen but its still their game.
    Hiladdar, Motherlee and Danille like this.
  12. Santonin New Member

I agree with the OP completely. There has been far more than enough time, and far more than enough feedback from players to give DBG far more than enough reason to revert to the way things were before the nerfs to rains, fade, fling, etc. Most businesses understand that their customers come first. Those that don't follow that policy don't do very well, and it appears that DBG needs to be taught this lesson. There has been zero response and zero action from DBG, so my accounts are cancelled as of the end of their current sub period (1 mo), and I encourage others with the guts to do the same. Go F2P or find another game for awhile. There are plenty out there. Wait until DBG sees the light, reverses the nerfs to their pre-nerf conditions, and entices players back by removing all penalties for cancelling their accounts as a result of actions taken by DBG. They are only going to listen if their pocketbooks are as critically nerfed as what their nerfs have done to the players. Columbus has nothing to do with this. This is all about the Devs shoving their wishes down our throats without even having the decency to ask if these changes are what the players want. When DBG first took over, there were a few polls about what we wanted to see. There's no reason they can't do the same thing before they totally break things that have been working perfectly. Yes they own the game, and yes they can do whatever they want....and yes, we can take our business elsewhere. We are not dirt under their feet to be stepped on however they choose.
    Motherlee likes this.
  13. segap Augur

This is a game, not a democracy. Their job is to maintain the integrity of the game. Doing so will not always make people happy. If they catered to every single customer demand, the game would be laughably easy and boring. It would also likely paint them in to corners preventing future content and challenges. It's their job to determine what is best for the long term health and success of the game we play. If they make too many mistakes, the game will die faster than it should. It's impressive that it is still chugging after 16 years.

Do I agree with all their changes? No. For the most part, however, none have had huge detrimental long term impacts. I'd actually bet that some of the changes they've made due to popular demands have hurt the health of the game more. Giving too much power that eventually required nerfs. Creating abilities or features that limited what they could design going forward.

They've not been perfect, but I think you can tell by the changes they do make, and by sticking to them, that they do have passion for what they're doing. It's hard to be working on the same project for as long as some of the team has and to not just go through the motions every day.
    Picaresque and Dzarn like this.
  14. flash000 Augur

And im back yeah getting message board banned sucked.

I think the problem is there is a huge disconnect between Dev team and Columbus nova management the management is probably not aware that the dev team is making detrimental changes to the game.

I think the best way to get heard would be to contact the Columbus nova management and address the issues directly with them it would maybe bring there attention to the issue and see what our concerns are.

The Dev team is probably not forwarding the management the player concerns the issue will most likely come to a head when the next game sales are reported.

I have real concerns at this point this exp is nothing but a $$$ grab before a sunset i really hope im wrong but .....

The dev team keeps doing weird stuff creating a bug report for the new exp then locks it what are they going to do open it for posting a hour before release and say well no one posted any problems????

i suggest email Columbus nova management team directly maybe if they get enough emails they will look into the issues we have with the lack of communication between players and the dev team.
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Pure comic gold here.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Motherlee Augur

Nothing wrong with optimism.

I have to say I'm HUGELY disappointed with board censorship going on again. Removing posts is fine. Suspending and banning people further erodes the customer good will.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I love it when wishes come true :)
  18. Battleaxe Augur

The original and subsequent posts seem confused about roles and customary behavior. We're customers and not an investigative committee that can ask questions and demand answers.

If I don't like what I'm served I get to fill out the Customer Feedback form on the back of the check. Further, this forum is available if I want my opinion to be public, see if others agree, and find out if the weight of those opinions change anything.

In roughly a decade of providing feedback I've never expected a dialog nor explanations. (In that decade I've received one PM from a dev and perhaps a half dozen responses to the issue at hand in a thread - NONE of those responses were an invitation to debate.)

Sometimes what I posted (and others and perhaps totally independent thought by a dev) have aligned and a change or suggestion ended up in the game. And sometimes I've been dragged kicking and screaming through a change like it or not.

Search for "Your feedback is important" on Google. About 451,000,000 results. It is important, but "we" aren't running things nor should we. There's an occasional pearl found in a gigantic heap of pearl-less oysters and we don't get to say what thoughts are on the money and which are not. Professional people who know what they intend to do are busy making product.

You disagree with their intentions or what they did? Fill out the feedback form but:
    1. Don't demand or expect a reply.
    2. Don't expect DBG to change direction on any "issue" because some of us think they should. Make your case and reconcile yourself to whatever outcome (including no disturbance in the Force) there is.

BTW, I'd reserve "reporting" DBG to Nova w/e for things that might make the NY Times or WSJ. Generally speaking wholly owned subsidiaries get to run their own show outside of funding/revenue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Tarvas and Robnie like this.
  19. segap Augur

Where is the contract that says we will have communication between the players and dev team. Our feedback is whether or not we subscribe. They do not owe us anything other than providing a game to play for our subscription costs. We can decide if we want to continue paying. People need to stop feeling entitled to every little thing.

As far as the recent changes go, we're clearing raids even faster than before and I'm having no problems in TDS group content (playing group geared alts with mercs). People just like to complain about change. And if I were a developer, I would not want to have to explain change to every whiny player. No change means a stagnant game. Change means it evolves and we have new possibilities and things to do. Some changes suck, some are good, some indifferent. Regardless, we adapt. The game is not broken.
  20. Zamiam Augur

unless your on AB :p