Wizard Burn

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Naugrin, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Sancus Augur

The duration on Auspice is extendable; two Rangers can keep Auspice up for a decent amount of time.
  2. Silentchaos Augur

I'm on team frenzied, but I don't use it with regular burn except on vitio. FD is the by-itself disc now, pop arcane after the initial auspice ends on regular burn. I always have a bard, though.

I have no issues getting through all counters of FD without twincast up and without lost secrets, gift of mana procs working with it was a pretty good improvement. I did invest in some distilled mana tonics in case we're down a druid and I don't get 100pct uptime on black wolf.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I also didn't count any other ability.

Black Wolf: 10%(3.5m)
    IoG: 10% (2m)
    Enchanter 3rd Spire: 7% (90s)
    Bard Epic: 12% (60s+)
    Fierce Eye: 10% (60s+)

In a raid setting it is still quite easy to hit 100% for a decent duration.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes, you or I or anyone that is wearing a full set of Arx gear, is mostly max AA, has current foci, good clickies etc. can do it and have ~30% remaining give or take, but the vast majority of players are not like that.

Gift of Mana helps a great deal, especially if you micromanage it and use Ethereals when it hits. With an Enchanter in the group nuking it is better since you get the Enchanters' gift of mana procs too, as well as raid regens and all other things you get from synergy...but that is not my point at all.

The game is not balanced for the top players and it isn't balanced based on perfect synergy. The ability as it stands on its own has a very screwed up cost/benefit ratio.
  5. kizant Augur

Keep forgetting how to consider a real raid force. I bet there's no shortage of rangers of all classes. Makes sense.

About game balance. I do get the impression, based on all the recent changes, that they're trying to create more dependence between the classes. They may be trying to start balancing it based on having those synergies? Even if it turns out to be a good thing in the long run it's hard to imagine getting there without a couple really messed up years considering how easy it is to create bugs with every little change.
  6. Behelit Augur

Melee balance would disagree with this.
  7. ganane New Member

personally I think this change made easier fot disking but I was parsing triple what I do with the changes made dus fealy like a nerf hop expantion coreckt the changes I am a max aa raid wiz love to get better dps aa
  8. svann Augur

Curious as to what your native language might be.
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

I vote for "interwebese"
  10. coloures~ New Member

i dunno. perhaps the unconditioned usage of the ability shouldn't be tailored to the top end (and i agree that AA glyphs should always be an extraneous benefit not considered in tuning), but it's hard for me to agree that using a costly burn ability to its maximum efficacy shouldn't require near-maximal equipment and playstyle choices. consider that even groupers can use FD to great effect -- in its current state and in full group gear with no raid pieces -- to burn down a current named, or perhaps for oh-sh~t, old-school "wizzy crowd control" on a bad pull. moreover, on some group-mission namers, the mechanics are such that a quick FD burn is unreliable/unfeasible, requiring the groupers to make decisions about when to use FD and when to use SD, just as raiders are now mandated to do on certain events.

what i mean to say is that since groupers don't raid, it doesn't seem unreasonable that a group-geared player's use of FD be unsustainable in a raid-style situation (i.e., on mobs/events that last for an extended amount of time). will groupers be able to burn thru all FD charges with mana left over? no. do groupers need to do? well...no.

am i disappointed that the facerolling burn sequence wiz have been using for a couple of expansions is no longer available? to an extent...but i'm also excited that group- and raid-oriented wizards alike will now require to be selective in their usage of SD and FD...the previous state of "well, i spent hundreds of AA in SD, but there's no situation in which i'd want to use it over PD" was, to me, somewhat ridiculous. i understand that some AA become superseded by later and greater abilities, but the fact that the mana penalty for PD was always worth taking seemed to me like a design flaw. haze nerf, rain nerf, PD nerf...all, IMO, mildly annoying but reasonable changes that replaced one-size-fits-all facerolls with demands for greater situational awareness.

now if only they could crack into that damn Fight Club.