Update Bugs 09/24/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Zarakii Augur

this is minor but annoying and i very very rarely play with all the player graphics on but i did for my new dwarf warrior to use a mount

every time i set facial features and zone it resets to what it was and i also set facial features and camped normally thinking it might be like the UI change bug and /exit but it still didn't save the features

....didn't know how ugly my warrior was til i tried this lol
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

Enchanter AA pet Phantasmal Opponent appears to be working like the tank hate pet Projection of Doom. Phantasmal Opponent is generating a sick amount of hate.
  3. Wraithlord1998 New Member

^^ This. No information to be found anywhere (he's missing on Bristlebane). Would also like to say that it's kind of suspect that he disappeared when the xp bonus went live, and I'm sure it will take until well after the xp bonus is over to fix it. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was intentionally done.
  4. squatter101 New Member

Bind point seems to be automatically reset to home city. Occurs recurrently
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Lassiter Journeyman

Secalna Galnor, the tutorials NPC, is missing from PoK on the Bristlebane server. She's there on the Rathe sever, but I haven't checked any of the others because I don't have toons on them. I don't know how long she's been gone. I just noticed it a few minutes ago.
  6. Lassiter Journeyman

I just checked all the other servers and she's missing from Erollisi Marr as well.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not sure if it was this patch or the one on the 23 that originated this bug, but I have seen multiple times on multiple mobs in Chelsith Reborn where I use Imitate Death to try to drop agro on mobs but my merc healer has apparently cast a heal on me already and the mobs go after her instead. So since I have dropped agro I use Echo of Deceit on the 2/3 blue mobs; it lands and mezes them. However I move away from the mobs while they are still mezzed still with well more than 10 seconds left on the mez, and all of a sudden I get the following messages for each mezzed mob (in this case the mob is a dutiful researcher):
    Your Echo of Deceit spell has worn off a dutiful researcher.
    a dutiful researcher has been awoken by a dutiful researcher.
    On top of that no matter how far away my merc and I are the two mobs instantly reagro on us. Our Echo has a 100% memblur effect when it fades. So you have completely broken our Mez. So now we monks have only one pulling tool which works, that is a single target Lull which lasts 18 seconds with a 20 second reuse timer. Congrats on officially killing pulling as a role in any way.

Here is a suggestion, next time you are going to make sweeping changes to how mechanics in a 16 year old game have worked for the majority of its existence you should probably announce those changes at least a month before they go to Test, keep them on test for several months, and actually listen to the critical critiques of the changes and scrap changes which are 100% unwanted, unwarranted, and do the exact opposite of what you claim that they are being added to do.
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Famka Elder

The dutiful researchers are wizards, they like to cast a nuke that reflects a small dot onto themselves, this will break the mezz and since the mezz doesn't wear off naturaly, the memblur part does not work.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

However, I receieved similar messages from other mobs in the same area. It could be they were all wizards but I do not think that is the case. A laboratory assistant, a mindbender (I think it was), and a number of other mobs were some of the mobs with which I experienced this. Not all of those are wizards, additionally, the non-wizard mobs also had cases in which the mez only had a worn off message (thus the memblur should have triggered) yet they still went right after my healer merc when I was ooc and no other mobs were engaged with the healer.
  10. Sancus Augur

So has Fierce Eye started overwriting IoG again? My understanding was, after the stacking was fixed, you needed three conflicting spells (e.g. IoG, FE, and GoC). I checked for every spell that has a stacking conflict with IoG, and the only one which I had on was Fierce Eye.

[Sun Oct 04 20:31:13 2015] Illusions of Grandeur fill your mind.
    [Sun Oct 04 20:31:17 2015] You feel an aura of fierceness come over you.
    [Sun Oct 04 20:31:17 2015] The Illusions of Grandeur fade from your mind.

[Sun Oct 04 20:57:46 2015] Illusions of Grandeur fill your mind.
    [Sun Oct 04 20:58:13 2015] You feel an aura of fierceness come over you.
    [Sun Oct 04 20:58:13 2015] The Illusions of Grandeur fade from your mind.
  11. Leex Pewpewer

Nooooooo!
    Motherlee, RPoo, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sindaiann Augur

100% FE is not stacking with IoG anymore! We just got used to them stacking lol
  13. Rcalielie Elder

According to the July 22 patch:

- The Spell Critical Chance spell effect has been split into separate Critical Chance and Critical Damage effects. Spells that affected one or the other have been changed to have equivalent effects.

Now:

Fierce Eye is overwriting IoG.

I don't see anything in the recent patch notes about reverting these changes. Is there anyone that could clarify this?
  14. Rcalielie Elder

[Mon Oct 05 07:56:21 2015] Illusions of Grandeur fill your mind.
    [Mon Oct 05 07:56:30 2015] You feel an aura of fierceness come over you.
    [Mon Oct 05 07:56:30 2015] The Illusions of Grandeur fade from your mind.
  15. RPoo Augur

sunnofva itch
    Mintalie, Iila and Leex like this.
  16. Motherlee Augur

Every time a bard dies, we are getting "EQ Players Update." I've disabled it multiple times and it keeps turning itself back on. It only used to update in mornings. Now, it's doing it morning, noon and night. Do you have an explanation for this?
  17. Sindaiann Augur

Bards and SKs are being eliminated in TBM (aka The Black Momba) - So your EQ Players Update spam is in relation to the fact your being phased out. Sincere apologies!
  18. Rcalielie Elder

Could a dev clarify this please?
    DebonAir likes this.
  19. Random_Enchanter Augur

To the FE overwriting IoG.

IoG also overwrites FE

o_O
  20. Sindaiann Augur

Indeed but it was nice while they stacked lol. Became spoiled a bit. Back to coordinating again
    Rcalielie likes this.