Epics 3.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by thedragon, Oct 1, 2015.

1. thedragon Elder

So even though you guys were saying there's a lot of development time, I just want to point out the massive number of people on the live stream who were asking about it and saying "epics 3.0 > TLP".

Just throwing it out there.
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Leex Pewpewer

Yeah but the bottom line is TLP draws in WAY more money then an Epic 3.0 would. So they'll do the TLP server instead, plus I can tell just by the way they were discussing the epics, it's tedious and not something they really like doing, vs opening a TLP server which is probably so much easier.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

Instead of 3.0s I'd love something like the RoF class weapons more often.
    AB-Muvien, Nniki, Brohg and 3 others like this.
  4. Silv Augur

If they don't have stupid procs/sympathetics- sure. But the last round was pretty shoddy for 1/2 the classes.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

Requiring progression for that the last piece was bad, but I still use mine. Tops any of the other crap I saw in COTF.
  6. mackal Augur

Epics are a horrible design decision. And I loved doing them, but from a design perspective they're horrible. These weapons should be the best weapon for the class for a while, they're epics after all. And that limits what they can do in the future. They could always make sure the clickies will stay relevant for every class for a long time like the 2.0s are mostly, but if they get replaced next expansion, you know people would be bummed out.
    Viper1 and Silv like this.
  7. Silv Augur

Agree. You probably could have just said "Necro epic" and this thread would have been done.
    Enkel, PrathunEQ and Iila like this.
  8. Iila Augur

Now I know why the only memories I have of the druid 2.0 are of hating it cause i had to stand in one spot for 20 minutes. (3 times)
  9. Silv Augur

It was preparing you for what the Druid class would become in 5 years. Standing around doing nothing useful for extended periods of time.
    Mintalie, Sancus and Iila like this.
  10. Maurasi Journeyman

They succeeded in this for at least one class (Necro). But yeah, with a team this small, epics are a horrible waste of finite resources. People have to remember, the times have changed. When 2.0s were being developed, it was a very different environment. Heck, free to play was still largely an Asian business model that couldn't possibly work in the West (or so the conventional wisdom at the time went). There were, what, ten or eleven MMOs operating or close to release at the time (EQ1, DAoC, AC, AO, WoW, EQ2, CoH, EVE, Lineage II, SWG, Shadowbane. Earth & Beyond was shutting down)? There's almost 20 times that number currently operating. Mobile gaming hadn't yet developed (the "smartphone" as we know it today, didn't exist yet. No, Blackberry and Palm Pilot don't count unless you want to put a 2004 Blackberry up against a Samsung Galaxy/iPhone/Lumia of today). PC or console, those were your gaming options. It's a completely different world.
  11. Triconix Augur

Yes, god forbid they make somebody progress through the game to get their best weapon :rolleyes:
    Mayfaire and Leex like this.
  12. Povarmonk Elder

3.0! 3.0! We have been asking for several years now we want it, we want it so badly we can tastes it my precious! MY PRECIOUS!
  13. Prathun Developer

14. Silv Augur

Come on... we know you want to use " :rolleyes: " for this thread.
    roguerunner, Mintalie, Nniki and 4 others like this.
  15. TibalMurphy Elder

Agreed the BST one was about useless...yah the extra 1k nuke was nice but weapon master girdle didn't come out till later then newer equipade it obsolete...I'd rather have a passive like the monk or rogue or even a high crit chance for bst.
  16. Arcainos Augur

Okay, so why not spend a few dev cycles (far far less than for epics) and come out with a set of amazing class weapons that people can get hyped about, minus the incredibly long quests?

I saw the other post about WoW doing the artifact weapons, looked it up, and got pretty jealous to be honest. Would love to see some time spent on development of some jaw-droppingly cool weapon graphics. Just maybe don't spend the 2-years on the quests?

Give us Berserkers a huge, gilded, awe-inspiring sword or blood-soaked axe.

PICTURE IT :D
  17. Iila Augur

RoF had those.

Itemization and classes being stupid lead to most of them just being a neat weapon for one or two tiers before being forgotten by standard upgrades.

There's still paladins pissed that theirs was changed from a hott heal to a rune thanks to someone on the forums complaining. While SKs are still glad they were able to shout down the idiots trying to get their lifetap changed to a rune.

I don't even remember mine because the effect was stupid and the dev didn't change it.
  18. Arcainos Augur

wouldn't even mind if they were ornaments tbh.

Just something that's badass, and unique for the class, not a (insert color of the expansion) set of weapons made to match the wallpaper.
  19. Leex Pewpewer

I know you all are against epics, but what about class unique weapons? Like the RoF versions. They were amazing, not really an epic, but yet you felt the love!

Just a thought. ;)
  20. Uxtalzon Augur

The group version was utter garbage and only a symbol of completion, the raid one required the entire raid progression, and my guild wasn't capable at all of doing that. I had to buy my last piece.