Lockjaw rotation shattered by Faceless - Full FFA time begins?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rekais910, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crymoar Lorekeeper

/facepalm
    Alphont and krisys like this.
  2. krisys Elder

exactly they know they're more scared of FI killing their targets rather than MM moving in
  3. rekais910 Augur

All guilds had a responsibility to the rotation to not let what faceless did occur. They did. They knew this was coming and had time to act. They didn't. Again I don't blame them. But they aren't innocent in this matter when it comes right down to it. Everyone had a responsibility and they failed to uphold it.
  4. Nechi-Brell Augur

Rekais I am just really confused to what you guys gain from this. Your track record on FFA is not very good... what are you guys expecting to happen?

Also with your "All guilds had a responsibility" statement. You do realize that you are doing exactly what you are blaming FI for doing. You are telling every other guild on the rotation that the rotation doesn't exist anymore and giving them no real choice just like FI did. You are basically just as bad as they are.
    Simone and Lejaun like this.
  5. rekais910 Augur

Our track record with FFA is that we haven't bothered to contest faceless because of poop socking and logging out at the spawn. It's a pointless exercise. We may be able to win mobs here and there, but the effort that we'd have to put in compared to our comfortable rotation wasn't worth it. We were just fine with the rotation and the way things are. We didn't mind that FI wanted to be top and was getting easily twice the spawns that any other guild was getting. We didn't mind as long as Faceless stuck to the rules . That didn't happen and we are not going to just bend over and be forced to do whatever Faceless wants. I sure as hell don't want to return to the rotation until Faceless agrees to go back to the rules that were agreed upon.
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

So be it. We will earn our kills through our own skill and force. If it isn't good enough, we will have to get better. Better that, then let one person's greed and selfishness take through treachery what had been good enough for that same person when he had to put on a good face for Daybreak.
  7. rekais910 Augur

Alphont likes this.
  8. Quazie Elder

Simone likes this.
  9. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Alphont and rekais910 like this.
  10. Asheran Augur

Viva la revolucion
    Alphont likes this.
  11. rekais910 Augur

I think someone was yelling "Viva la Revalucion!" while they were doing it too!
    Alphont likes this.
  12. Naelbis Elder

wow..what a childish thing to do..
    Simone likes this.
  13. krisys Elder

Because MM was kicked out DUH why would they keep up rotation sheet if they aren't on it? lols
  14. Asheran Augur

15. Weregild New Member

When people ask if I play this game I lie because this is embarrassing.
    Sinnresa and rekais910 like this.
  16. Bartoss Journeyman

This reminds me of a study I read a while ago pertaining to the shared grazing lands (or commons) in a community in Europe. Similar to this problem, the communities using the shared grazing lands found without enforcement specific individuals in the community would continue to add animals to their herds, and graze more frequently. This lead to the over grazing of the commons, creating discontent among the individuals who kept a small manageable herd size. The conclusion of the study was unless you can find a way to enforce not only herd size, but the grazing schedule of every member in the community, the smaller herds would starve.

I feel like Day Break Games is using Lockjaw as a way to further the study of the quandary of the Commons. As interesting as this social experiment has been, It is important to point out the key finding of the study. That was without everyone in the community participating in the council, and no repercussion for those who disobeyed the rules the entire system will fall apart. So before Lockjaw is ripped apart and turned into a lawless society perhaps we should take a step back, gather the leaders of all of the guilds who are currently part of the rotation and talk about this. If it would help, I am willing to invest the time to help create a council with enforceable rules to help govern over Lockjaw. Since it is clear that DBG does not intend to step into this big pile of poo, and I would prefer if Lockjaw didn't turn into the wild west, let's try and resolve this while setting standards for the rest of expansion releases. After all humanity has been dealing with issues similar to this since the inception of common resources.
  17. Quazie Elder

So MM took it upon themselves to undo all the work that people put into that spreadsheet? Because they're super mad?

Why are MM the good guys again?
  18. rekais910 Augur

I personally explained this whole drama with a coworker and some friends (two different instances) and in both cases we were all laughing about how ridiculous it was. I can be a part of it, but you gotta be able to laugh at yourself.
    Alphont likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

You mean the ones that have confirmed ties to MM, and are suspected of being alt guilds of MM?
    Simone likes this.
  20. Asheran Augur

That sounds like a good argument against giant zerg guilds. When a guild can field 400+ raiders for content that only requires ~50 (at the absolute most...only the queen bee truly could need close to that many), and some guilds bring hundreds, simply to be able to win dps races, there is a problem.

Edit: Also an argument against the rotation as a whole, I know...but it missing part of the point there. Everyone was fine with the rotation, except for one guild.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.