Idea to lessen exposure to mega 3rd party software boxers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Son of a..., Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of a... Augur

Do what I did…I cancelled my accounts.

Done.

We’re sad to see you go.

We won’t be clingy and awkward; we’re simply providing confirmation that you have canceled your All Access Membership.
    We do appreciate all of our players and want to know what we can do to be better. We will read your comments and will try to use them to improve our games and services.

DBG/SOE knows what it can do better….it just chooses not to. Instead, they'll just lock threads and move on.
    Kegwell, Zhutuak and oldkracow like this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

3. Steampunk Augur

Well, that is certainly a new and unique approach that I have never heard before. Let me know how that works our for you.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Endtime Elder

I had the perfect meme for this, but it went on strike like you.

Im sure it will pop up in google in a few days.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Son of a... Augur

Hey Steampunk, It's only been 1 month and so far it's been outstanding. Not a hint of frustration, anger or despair. I'll come back and give you the a year end wrap.
  6. Nolrog Augur

7. AlmarsGuides Augur

Well this is some interesting stuff. You were so disgusted by the game you cancelled your accounts and quit but came back 1 month later to answer someone's post on the forums...

Either you didn't quit or this is the most interesting social psychology experiment ever!
  8. Steampunk Augur

Well, I quit too, but I keep coming back and checking the forums every few days anyway. Who knows.... maybe the gods will come back to Norrath and fix everything..... or maybe not.
    Son of a... likes this.
  9. lalaloup Augur

The gods are taking turns watching over Norrath.

Innoruuk just happened to draw the short straw this time.
    Son of a... likes this.
  10. Gemstones Journeyman

I always wondered why people find it funny when someone quits. If you play on TLP you really should care because eventually it will end up like the live servers where all of these zones people are now playing in are completely empty. Even the mage bot armies will eventually die out when there is no one else buying krono to sell to them so they can continue steamrolling onward.

There is a reason that some communities thrive and others decline. If you don't care about others, why the ____ are you playing an MMORPG?
  11. Son of a... Augur

Ok, for disclosure...neither.
    I did quit, but I was verifying my credit cards purchases to confirm all transactions were legit. I had an DBG/SOE charge on the 25th and came back to verify i quit on the 27th. It was quicker than logging into email as i had the progression server forum bookmarked. Where I saw Steampunk's comment and thought...eh, what the heck, i'll respond. Yah, sorry it's not really that intriguing.

But I'll come back for the year end. :)

Maybe they will release a good classic prog server by then.
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

Pure happenstance is still interesting enough.

If you're looking for a no box server it should definitely be in play by early next year. Hope you enjoy it =)
  13. Jaime Lannister Augur

Find a way to remove every single hack/3rdparty/boxer, and the bolded is still an inevitability. Some time After PoP, the game will simply die. After PoP, EQ starts to become like all the other MMO's out there, and those other MMO's do it better.

Not even sure how to explain how incorrect you are. Remove all of that, and these TLP servers already have their population cut in half (I'd put money on more than that). And the game will still die slowly and steadily as expansions unlock. These servers lose half their income, DBG doesn't have money to afford any of the stuff they are trying to do, and likely don't give half the effort into these TLP servers as they have been.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

\

More content than any other game you can buy for less than you would be paying for any other game.

15 years of content for 15$ a month yes please!
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Skipper Augur

16. Nymm Journeyman

I cancelled my accounts too, a couple months back. Moved to Test server and had a blast. Got EQ out of my system. Super glad I didn't stick around with the huge mess here. I'd probably never have joined in the first place if I had understood the ramifications of allowing 24-boxers and such.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

Can you explain what the ramifications you noticed of allowing 24 boxers are? Please be as specific as possible and present each of them in list form.

No I am not trolling or joking I genuinely want to know your opinion on the matter
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

magnifying the lack of content available to actual players thus creating a toxic environment.
    This is coming from someone who boxes.

Isn't this common sense yet?
  19. AlmarsGuides Augur

When a boxer enters a zone it pops an additional /pick if they box 24+

That's double the mobs for everyone and nameds thanks to 1 guy!

In my experience toxic environments aren't created until 1 player speaks.
  20. Finley Augur

In my experience on Ragefire when Hate and Fear were crowded the 1 man boxing an army was much faster at killing mobs than a real raid since the boxer moved his entire army around and the real raids generally had pullers trying to pull mobs back to the raid. Now those zones are pretty open now; but it was terrible for a long time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.