Necromancers no longer pullers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AppMan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Jyve Augur

It's an odd argument to keep making though, the Fade abilities have just been nerfed for all the other pulling classes and FD left alone. Do Necro's really want FD to not work if the mob is within 30'/too high level to match the other pulling core abilities that were just hit hard?
    Necro Club is usually more prudent about drawing attention!
    Kolani likes this.
  2. ---Xislaben--- Augur

That doesn't make sense. Necros are saying we've always been pullers, and should have the level+5 nerf and 100% fade remain like shadowkites, not its current level+3 nerf and 90% nerf.

But if DBG is insistent on us not being in the same puller class we have always been in, then I guess we could accept a dps upgrade to replace the utility loss. ;)

edit:
    [IMG]
    Vrinda likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've got nothing much to say on this issue (not that that ever stopped me) but the idea that the devs use sock puppet accounts to post here strikes me as ridiculous.

The devs have never shied from posting under their own name their opinions, no matter how much we disagree with them. Heck, some devs are borderline offensive at times to people.
    mystic37, sojero, Jyve and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jyve Augur

You should ask for their shadowkiting abilities too, get an instant summon horsey to kite with, they're great for pulling too.

[IMG]
  5. McDougal Augur

I hardly ever used DE on my necro or sk FD works much better for me but I wish they would have left my shamans totem alone lol. It's not like he was going to become the new EQ pull class.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Have you been gone awhile so maybe you just don't know? As if we want to steal some shadow knight ability. Up until 2 days ago and for the past 4 years.

[21805] Death's Effigy
    Classes: SHD/254 NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Feign Death
    2: Cancel Aggro (100% Chance)
    Text: Your body is cold to the touch.

The other pulling classes in game monks, bards, shadow knights, rangers, enchanters and rogues all kept whatever fade they had been provided and it was capped to work with mobs 110 or under.

Warriors, Paladins, Berserkers, Clerics, Wizards, Magicians and Shaman the classes that aren't pullers all had their fades reduced to 90% and capped to work with mobs 108 and under.

So your telling me the class that has all the pull tools there are since day one, continues to get tools for pulling via spell and AA, and was the first to get fd which fade was based on belongs in this secondary group? If just monks and bards kept fade to 100% and to level 110 it would make since as the designed pullers kept it. It doesn't make sense that rogues, rangers and shadow knights keep it and necros don't, somehow being deemed less effective pullers then them and thus not worthy of the pulling treatment of keeping their fade and 110 cap.
    Garshok and Vrinda like this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

8. Jyve Augur

AND doesn't fire the other ability if less than 30'. And no matter los/range, those 110 mobs WILL ignore the fade and keep coming after you. What was a get out of jail card for escaping has now big limitations, raid wipes it'll only be FD'ers left, not rogues/rangers/bards hiding in corners that faded.

I see people arguing they should be classed as pullers, but the pullers have had some big nerfs.
    You're back to the functionality pre-fade, but still an insta cast, mana free ability that is a get out of jail card for pulling/raiding (possibly group content in next expansion).
    So if it's classed as 'pullers' (which I still think was the wrong term to use to start with, for exactly this reason) then there's a point. But the tools you have still haven't been hit as hard as other classes. Necro's will go back to splitting a pack of mobs but still needing someone else to tag off them whilst losing aggro, same as they used to do years ago. And necro's still have plenty of other tricks to assist with the initial split, zone/mob dependent.

Though to fit the class, perhaps worth getting the +5 (heck, +7) IF the mob is undead.
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

Going back and forth with random people is pointless. People keep just bringing up random dribble that has nothing to do with nothing.

The bolded part means its actually now easier to split some mobs for some classes. But regardless its a limitation that everyone with fade now shares. But we are not talking about the overall changes we are simply talking about 6 of 7 pulling capable classes kept whatever fade they had and were capped to 110. The 7th pulling capable class was nerfed to 90% fade and capped at 108. We are not talking about anything else. I don't need to know what rangers had for breakfast on Tuesday in 2003 and how it makes them good pullers. Or that your class doesn't have fd or can no longer invis themselves with fade. Those are overall changes to be discussed on their own.

Bards are still free to chain fade they just can only do it 20 times instead of 100. Still have selos.
    Shadow Knights also still have fd.
    Monks also still have fd. And run 8 and runspeed discs.
    Rogues still have escape, stealthy getaway and smokebombs.
    Rangers to me are odd for ever getting a fade to begin with.
    Enchanters still can fade off any level mob with their self mezzes. No level cap.

None of this impacted them keeping their fade levels and being capped at 110. So stop bringing up unrelated stuff. A necro is as capable of a puller and has always been as the classes that kept what they had. They are not as uncapable as the classes that had theirs reduced as it didn't fit their roles or lore.
    Kobra and Vrinda like this.
  10. Kobrah Augur

the mobs don't ignore the fade .. the inviso fades so they reargo
  11. Cicelee Augur

As a magician, I am angry that necromancers on this thread claim that my class is not a "pulling" class. I have pulled* mobs for my groups for 15 years as a magician. I demand that my class be mentioned in the same breath as bards, monks, enchanters, etc.

*Pull equals anywhere from 1-8 monsters at once
    Metanis and Jyve like this.
  12. Croak Augur

As an alternative, why not push for necro mez to have a higher level? Necros would than have more interesting pulling options.
  13. mystic37 Journeyman

I do not play a necro but before this was even an issue they were splitting mobs in LDON and DON without all the fancy "abilities"

Great necro's will find a way.....and adjust... like they always have
  14. xarbantek_0325 New Member

Karma?

If you want people to be sympathetic to necros, might I suggest you let someone else speak. Someone that hasn't openly cheered nerfs to other classes and advocated against improvements to others.
  15. Vetplayer Elder

Now you know how I feel :(
    Sorry for your character issues after patch.. Same with mine.

I feel your pain.
  16. Vrinda Augur

This has been puzzling me ever since the nerfs and the "pullers vs. non-pullers" nonsense were announced. When the heck did rangers become pullers? The ranger jokes would never have gotten as bad as they have over the years if rangers had been able to drop aggro by any means other than dying before reaching level ... 35 was it? ... when they got SoW in the original game. Suddenly we're expected to just accept the new and improved DBG vision of rangers as pullers as though it had been there since 1999. You know, like the necro abilities were.

Clearly the devs are going to have a lot of content in the next expansion that requires pulling or they wouldn't be nerfing the heck out of all our fade abilities, necro and non-necro alike. It's been suggested that instead of nerfing us all they should have flagged specific mobs as fling immune. But it wouldn't be the EQ dev team if they didn't reach for the nerf bat instead of considering other logical - and probably easier to code - possibilities first. Why they think nerfs are a good idea is a mystery to me.
  17. strongbus Augur

I am wonder if it easy to fix the code for fling/fade then they can just use reg mob types spread out(can't be snare/stunned/mez/etc) then it is to keep coming up with new ways to make it hard to pull.
  18. Kolani Augur

Best outdoor pullers bar none in the pre-61 game. Sneak + AE harmony was massive and faster than some lizard flopping on the ground every three seconds.
  19. Siddar Augur

You know no dev has actually come out and said necromancers are not a pulling class?
    The reason for that is because there is no conceivable factual basis for making that statement.
    Kinda sad watching the death spiral of quality of posts these boards. Makes me glad i'm no longer paying money to support it.
  20. menown Augur

Because ranger's fade works up to 5+ level but only 90% effective, could necros also be considered pseudo pullers but 3+ level and 100% effective for their fade? I would still like the challenge of pulling red cons but would rather have a faster paced pulling for solo exping. I'm a necro and it is what I do.
    Jyve likes this.