Thanks for the patch. - Deleted my toons. GL.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vetplayer, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endless Augur

Eriadoc, I too started on day 1, I think I stopped in 2010 (although I had a few breaks in that time as well) and didn't come back till 2015. No rage quite, no anger issue, just saying if the game is more frustrating than fun, I'll go find something else.

I am enjoying playing now because I am actually able to get things done in game without having it be more of a pain than it is worth. If they do things to "make it more challenging" and as mentioned already, I find myself feeling more frustrated than having fun seeing more of Norrath, then I will find something else to do. And maybe I'll be back in a few years, maybe not.

I like Everquest, but I don't like having something I think as normal and relevant to how I do things in game being changed with no consideration. Understood, it's their game and they can do as they will and I can accept it or leave.
    mystic37, Vetplayer and Zunnoab like this.
  2. Zunnoab Augur

It is interesting seeing this from the perspective of someone who returned recently. I've always been saying that I felt the game was actually getting better with time, and I applauded the addition of the abilities they are so aggressively nerfing. It feels like they are rolling back the clock to me, in a bad way.
  3. Vetplayer Elder

Zunnoab

Motherlee said:
    “Stupid comment! Trolls troll because they're mad about something. People are mad and YOU'RE NOT HEARING THEM."

No, trolls post something with the intent of stirring up drama and don't even necessarily mean what they say. Genuine anger is not trolling. I'm debating deactivating an alternate account over this. How else to send a message of how much it disgusts me?
    [IMG]
    Infinite Elysium, born from Final Horizon and Haven's Edge, continuing onward born anew with Heroes and the many others that joined over the years apart from guild mergers.
    Zunnoab, Today at 8:56 PM Report

Zunnoab,

Motherlee said;
    “Stupid comment! Trolls troll because they're mad about something. People are mad and YOU'RE NOT HEARING THEM."

Thank you for your post Zunnoab.

Thank you Motherlee for understanding ;)
  4. Vetplayer Elder

Endless

Eriadoc, I too started on day 1, I think I stopped in 2010 (although I had a few breaks in that time as well) and didn't come back till 2015. No rage quite, no anger issue, just saying if the game is more frustrating than fun, I'll go find something else.

I am enjoying playing now because I am actually able to get things done in game without having it be more of a pain than it is worth. If they do things to "make it more challenging" and as mentioned already, I find myself feeling more frustrated than having fun seeing more of Norrath, then I will find something else to do. And maybe I'll be back in a few years, maybe not.

I like Everquest, but I don't like having something I think as normal and relevant to how I do things in game being changed with no consideration. Understood, it's their game and they can do as they will and I can accept it or leave.
    -----------
    "I like Everquest, but I don't like having something I think as normal and relevant to how I do things in game being changed with no consideration. Understood, it's their game and they can do as they will and I can accept it or leave. "
    I don't like having something I think as normal and relevant to how I do things in game being changed with no consideration Like play your toon the way it WAS described to be played.. via buying your spells and abilities at the time of sale right ?!
    E X A C T L Y .
    Makes you feel like you have been a victim of a Bait and Switch. Ripped off. Stolen from.
    This is exactly why I deleted my Cleric.. and going to stop playing this game.
    It keeps going on over, and over.
    It is not fun.
  5. Vetplayer Elder

Thank you all for your support and understanding.
    :)
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Eriadoc Elder

They have one thing on you - the fact that you have "invested" much time and effort into the characters you've built. At the end of the day, though, you don't own jack. You haven't invested anything, you've thrown away good money after bad, if you want to look at it from that standpoint. So really, you've paid (and are paying) for entertainment. That's it and that's all. When it stops being entertaining, stop giving them money for it. Don't let your possessions possess you (in this case your characters). They're not even your possessions. They belong to DBG. So don't give them free rent in your head. This game is nothing more than an alternative to TV at night, movies on the weekend, whatever. I have a few months left on my sub, so that's a few months they have to change course on some things or not, as far as I'm concerned. I play an ENC, BRD, WIZ, and MAG, so things aren't looking good for my renewal LOL. But I don't worry about it. They want my money, they'll figure it out. They don't, they don't. *shrug*

One thing I decided some years ago, and it brings me peace - to whatever degree possible, don't pay people to piss you off. They'll do it for free.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. mystic37 Journeyman

I do not raid on my cleric anymore. But I can sure as hell tank....

What I do not understand is why you are upset about this as a cleric. Because you have to go back to cloudy pots?

This is such a small issue for clerics....I have played since 1999 myself... and what you do is adapt.

Hey mage can you summon me some items... like your 5 charge fixed invisibility? Big deal all the aa abilities and spells to barrier yourself are there....

The time to quit a cleric is when they put cleric mercs in game....I for one thought about it for just a moment..... but now? I travel no where without my level 105 wizzy merc....

Now your assumptions that people that have a played a cleric... do not do what you do is ridiculous.

I play battle cleric often... and this little change... does nothing but slightly inconvenience me....definitely nothing huge to make me delete my toon over....
    Rcalielie likes this.
  8. Vetplayer Elder

Yes, I agree, it is Entertainment.
    I wouldn't use the term Invested.
    BUT, IF I was in a Bingo room.. .and it changed to Chess, I would join another Bingo room.
    This is how I feel when they nerf classes.. To play the game and they change that tool ( a character ) to play the game, then one tends to play a different game.
  9. Tronk Augur

The game is always being adjusted, and has been for years.

People need to get over it.
    Tarvas and mystic37 like this.
  10. Devildawg Elder

^ Thank you. The tide comes and goes, always has, always will. This is nothing new. And this change doesn't even drastically effect clerics. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
    mystic37 likes this.
  11. mystic37 Journeyman

Then why come here and continue on and on about why you hate this game?

/delete
    and then

/disappear to World of Warcraft.....I hear they are going to go to max their levels to 110 very soon!

Bait and switch? Rip you off?

In my opinion this game has been one of the biggest bargains I have invested my entertainment money in.

3 accounts yearly subs for me comes to 360 per year
    3 accounts X 1500SC X 12 Months = 18,000 free station cash yearly 165.00 per year
    3 accounts X 15 packs of LoN Cards (2.99 per pack) x 12 months = 538.20 in free LoN cards a year

So I pay 360 a year
    They give me 703 a year in free stuff

I can play 24 hours a day 7 days a week as much as I would like....A STEAL!!!

Game play can change... that has been a part of this game since 1999.

Cleric's got that summoned hammer.... one of the best cleric weapons in game(without raiding). and all we have to do is cast it with a little mana....No other classes get those....

Every class has been .... Nerfed... overpowered.... used... abused.... and sometimes... have been found to be sadly lacking.

It is a video game......a game..... a game.....That absolutely NO ONE forces you to play.....

This little change? Is hardly a blip on the map as far as cleric abilities go.....like the size of a pin head... that is how small this is.....

The "Chicken Little Routine" has been a staple of EQ since 1999....and it never gets old....

I am going to quit..... if they do that
    I am going to delete .... if they do that
    EQ will be dead by the end of the year... if they do that

Man if I had a dollar for every time I heard any of those things in game or on some forum.....

I would have some serious "Krono Money"....
  12. Vetplayer Elder

Again folks.. I am not here to bicker back and forth defending thread attackers. I am simply stating I'm fed up after all the years of doing this or that to our ' tools ' to get Entertainment.
    It is a form of bait and switch.
    Dangle your addiction with this or that then take it away. MEANING, again I have to double explain because you did not READ ... /rollseyes../sigh.
    They give us AA's in this expansion.. ok that will be a reason to buy the expansion. You buy it, play it.. Earn the AA and qualified AA to buy that specific AA or SPELL or GEAR or whatever the attraction is to buy the expansion.. Then they take it away.. or change it.

There is no fun in being fooled.

I come in here as a vet to say this.. and get bashed left and right saying why this that or the other.

Being rude is uncalled for.

I'm a veteran player. If I want to come in here and say I did this for this reason.. Why do you have to come in here and BASH my post ? for stupid reasons.. stirring up more drama.

Enough!

Thank you for your post

PS .. keep bashing me further.. its just ignorance on your part being rude and purposely spiteful.
    I'm not here to chat about how YOU play a Cleric.. or Paladin or whatever class you are.

This is not all about Invis ability regarding the Cleric Class. Amongst other recent changes with Different Classes.

If you don't see that point.. Don't bother commenting.

After over 10 yrs of paid game play, I deserve a little respect.

I don't want this thread crushed by idiots continuing to comment and bash or TEST me.
    This thread is for others to view and give some 2 cents on how they feel about there nerfs.
    Motherlee likes this.
  13. Vetplayer Elder

mystic37

"
    Then why come here and continue on and on about why you hate this game?

/delete
    and then

/disappear to World of Warcraft.....I hear they are going to go to max their levels to 110 very soon!

Bait and switch? Rip you off?

In my opinion this game has been one of the biggest bargains I have invested my entertainment money in.

3 accounts yearly subs for me comes to 360 per year
    3 accounts X 1500SC X 12 Months = 18,000 free station cash yearly 165.00 per year
    3 accounts X 15 packs of LoN Cards (2.99 per pack) x 12 months = 538.20 in free LoN cards a year

So I pay 360 a year
    They give me 703 a year in free stuff

I can play 24 hours a day 7 days a week as much as I would like....A STEAL!!!

Game play can change... that has been a part of this game since 1999.

Cleric's got that summoned hammer.... one of the best cleric weapons in game(without raiding). and all we have to do is cast it with a little mana....No other classes get those....

Every class has been .... Nerfed... overpowered.... used... abused.... and sometimes... have been found to be sadly lacking.

It is a video game......a game..... a game.....That absolutely NO ONE forces you to play.....

This little change? Is hardly a blip on the map as far as cleric abilities go.....like the size of a pin head... that is how small this is.....

The "Chicken Little Routine" has been a staple of EQ since 1999....and it never gets old....

I am going to quit..... if they do that
    I am going to delete .... if they do that
    EQ will be dead by the end of the year... if they do that

Man if I had a dollar for every time I heard any of those things in game or on some forum.....

I would have some serious "Krono Money"....
    mystic37, 43 minutes ago Report"

So you come to my thread and start your drama?
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Respect is earned not something that is a right. Since your account is new and what you posted was well..... You have earned no respect and will not find any here. Thank you and have a great day!
  15. Hiladdar Augur

Deleting the toons, and quitting, is the symptom, I believe the cause in this case were several change to the game which most of the player base was against. Couple that with a massive patch which had to be re-patched within one day because to key classes were broken. Add that it appears that some changes, regarding which mobs can now be snared, mezzed, pacified, rooted, stunned, was opposite to what the patch message stated regarding easing some restrictions on mobs.

Now we appear to have connectivity / server stability issues.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. The real Sandaormo Augur

I question people that mention they are a veteran player in every post.
    The first rule of being a Veteran player is to not talk about being a Veteran player.
    sifonin likes this.
  17. mystic37 Journeyman

Vetplayer you give me way too much credit...

I came to this post ... wait I have to go look at what you stated.... oh yes....

"So you come to my thread and start your drama?

Drama? No just posting in response to your crying.....

You also stated “After over 10 yrs of paid game play, I deserve a little respect.”

You mean you only have been playing for 10 short years?

Drama is.... your original post.....to a tee.... and you demanding respect from who?

And then you post all over the forums in different areas.....complaining.....crying whining.... demanding people respect you and listen to what you have to say.

Again.... are you done playing EQ?

Deleted your toons.... moving on to brighter and greener pastures?

Yet......you do not expect players to respond to your whining?

Your thread is on a public forum....so don't cry....

/singing

The sun will come out tomorrow, Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow.....There'll be sun
    Just thinkin' about tomorrow....Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none....
    Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow
    You're only a day away ...
  18. Endless Augur

Right now, I enjoy playing Everquest. I am not sure what this patch brings and what they plan, but I hear about them wanting to make things more of a challenge and am not sure how far that will go.

I don't raid at all. I am now pretty much topped out for group gear on my tank. There are things that decently geared raid tanks can sleep through that is a challenge for me. I am sure the ones that are any where near as well geared as you can get with raids can cake walk through crap that would be a show stopper for me. So yes, when I hear they want to make things more challenging, it concerns me as the disparity between top raid gear and top group gear is huge.

I'll wait and see, but I am not in a rush to buy the next expansion. And no I am not deleting any characters regardless.
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Vetplayer Elder

mystic37

"Vetplayer you give me way too much credit...

I came to this post ... wait I have to go look at what you stated.... oh yes....

"So you come to my thread and start your drama?

Drama? No just posting in response to your crying.....

You also stated “After over 10 yrs of paid game play, I deserve a little respect.”

You mean you only have been playing for 10 short years?

Drama is.... your original post.....to a tee.... and you demanding respect from who?

And then you post all over the forums in different areas.....complaining.....crying whining.... demanding people respect you and listen to what you have to say.

Again.... are you done playing EQ?

Deleted your toons.... moving on to brighter and greener pastures?

Yet......you do not expect players to respond to your whining?

Your thread is on a public forum....so don't cry....

/singing

The sun will come out tomorrow, Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow.....There'll be sun
    Just thinkin' about tomorrow....Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none....
    Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow
    You're only a day away ... "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walk away from the KEYS PLEEEEASE :"D
    I didn't catch this post at first .. then I started reading the one below it.. and just above that was this song .. WOW lol :D ok..

Thank you for your post Mystic37
  20. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.