Enforced Raid Rotations Come to an End

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Sep 21, 2015.

1. lalaloup Augur

Honestly? I don't doubt some do quit because it's hard. But that really only affects people whose main goal is progression raiding. So I just dont belive its "The Main Reason" everyone wants topoint too (instancing or difficulty . . )

I didn't want to mention this, but most guilds that stayed successful in progression play past that point had people carrying their members by using showeq . . Is that really successful?

---
    <3 ash, that's a pretty insane reaction. Find your happy place :)
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

I never thought I'd learn something on the TLP forums. Thank you for the insightful educational post, I love learning new stuff =D
  3. Imdead Augur

I would add that it doesn't get mentioned much but a lot of people left the original EQ for EQ2 towards the end of the GoD era and then once they burned out on that game(I had a awful experience at EQ2 launch but have gone back since and had a much better experience) they gave up on eq and went ahead and tried out WoW. Everquest was always very grindy but EQ2 was over the top on how hard it was at launch. WoW launched a good 2-3 weeks after EQ2 but it was much more polished and refined, especially compared to the half finished expansions everquest was releasing like GoD.
  4. Toadwater Journeyman

Yeah, way to empower the Mage armies.

This server isn't even to Kunark yet and people are leaving in droves because of the unwillingness/inability to deal with people using third party software to completely monopolize group and raid area drops by running 12 and more toons at a time. Couple that with the recent exclusion from bonus experience and I think we've all gotten the message: "F U Progression Servers."
    lockjaws likes this.
  5. Tudadar Augur

Double xp creates even more of the mass boxers you are talking about as tons of scrubs rush to mass plvl alt groups. Where do u think all these extra bot groups in the last 1-2 months came from? its the double XP.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Toadwater Journeyman

Right, so prevent us paying, rule-abiding customers from getting 2x exp because it will empower the boxers. Brilliant.

7. Zublak Augur

Soooo.... They just nerfed Mages for the second time in the last month and you're still unhappy? Have you actually seen the debuff? Do you also realize the adverse effect this has on someone playing a Mage solo, or pet classes within a raid group?

If you're not happy with any Mage nerfs by now you just will not be happy. Sounds like you need to just wait for the no box server and quit getting bent out of shape.

As for the enforced rotation coming to an end, it's best. Our guild leaders shouldn't be pushed into being the decision makers for the servers as a whole. Let them handle it themselves without allowing mid and low tier guilds to manipulate an enforced system put into place to gain advantages to make up for their lack of effort.

All I have to say on the subject.
  8. lockjaws Augur

I'm really surprised this thread is not already locked.
  9. lalaloup Augur

It's pretty much dead anyway.

Everything being said has already been gone over.

And over, and over, and over :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Toadwater Journeyman

So many ignorant replies. My main on LJ is a Mage. I AM glad that this is all you have to say, since it clearly comes from a complete lack of knowledge on the subject.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

I'm coming in to say Zublak is the one right here. He has no ignorance on the subject from reading the post you quoted. Stop looking for drama Toadwater, go back to FV. Prosperitas recruits people like you.
    Zublak likes this.
  12. Marthisdil Augur

Box teams are paying too.

even if they are farming stuff to buy Krono to use for their subscriptions, those Krono all start out coming from DB for $17.99 each.

So, boxers actually help DBs bottom line.
    TL_KRONOLORD and Zublak like this.
  13. Porygon Augur

I would love to see a stat sheet of the number of kronos used in the last 3 months vs the number actually bought from dbg.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

For what reason? Kronos have been around for 2 or more years so they've had a lot of time to be bought/pile up.

These servers are new and brought in probably close to ten thousand people.

The consumption to purchase ratio is going to be WAY higher and in fact at this rate we could even run out of Kronos, I doubt this will ever happen though because people will always buy Kronos and sell them so they can purchase best in slot gear.

What I can say though is Kronos used to sell for 7-9$ each on 3rd party websites and since the launch of TLPs that price has doubled or at least gone up 5$.

Before these TLPs things weren't looking too hot for EQ. Everyone was starting to get bored because CoTF was a lame xpac followed by an even lamer one TDS. One of the guilds on my server (FV) that had been around for 10 years disbanded because there weren't enough people logging on to show up for raids. That's how bored people were getting.

Hopefully the new xpac is better, I plan to buy 6 and give it a whirl just like every other xpac before it
  15. Lotusfly Elder

Between all the ███████ and ██████ █████████ I do, I get a lot of ████ ██████ ██████ ██ █████ ███ ████████ ████ Krono from the DBG marketplace.
  16. Darth Augur

17. Astral - TR Elder

Its not like we're roasting people over their dead children and spouting racist remarks left and right~
    Kobra and Aneuren like this.
  18. Arandris Elder

Surprised they haven't closed this thread.
    lockjaws likes this.
  19. Simone Augur

It's about 90 pages too small for that.
    Porygon likes this.
  20. Marthisdil Augur

Does it matter? Every Krono in the system was purchased from DB at some point - it doesn't matter when it was purchased.