Servers down?!?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elricvonclief, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

So, servers were brought down and patched because TLP was getting loot in Veeshan's Peak early?!?!?!

Raids cancelled because of this. Very frustrating to bring the game down primetime.

Boy, the vets will just love TLP folks even MORE with this...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Zunnoab Augur

The best part is they destroyed our raid instance at the same time as announcing it, so the time we could have spent trying to get a new event down was even further sabotaged by a non-warning that killed our instance.

I know that's not their fault though. I'll save my contempt for the decisions involved in the disaster of a patch.
    Motherlee and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

The timing is what boggles my mind.

Bringing down live servers during prime time hours does not make sense.

Catering to a bunch of quitter's while alienating the loyal customer base does not seem a sound business decision.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Motherlee like this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The timing boggles my mind too. Maybe wizards and bards will be at least partially happy.

5. Poppinfresh Elder

I don't disagree with you, but I will say that recourse bug was pretty nasty and needed to be fixed pronto.
    Sancus and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. Devildawg Elder

<sarcasm> Wait. There are non-TLP servers? </sarcasm>
  7. Devildawg Elder

Ooh. Wiz fix :) You didn't include that in OP! Yes, I'd say that is worth a prime time downtime before any more wizzies suicide themselves by accident.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

THIS .. is completely reminding me of "classic" eq !!

/ahhh the nostalgia I tells ya
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Including the full list of fixes would have ruined the moment ;)
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

Valid point, I don't play a caster, so hadn't thought of that.

I was just frustrated, trying to handle loot as quickly as possible on our casual raid, watching the <4 minutes> <3 minutes> etc scroll by.:(
    Tarvas likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I would have preferred to wait for non-prime time. Wizards in raid were doing just fine by being aware of it.
  12. Reval Augur

It seems like a bit of a fix. On my wizard, without discs running I seemed to be going oom still unbelievably fast. But given my sordid past, I have no sympathies left in the jar! I changed my avatar to the tiniest, most digital violin!
    Rcalielie likes this.
  13. Rcalielie Elder

14. Nniki Augur

Not sure if it was just The Rathe server or certain zones on the server, but all I saw was:

[Thu Sep 24 17:01:52 2015] MESSAGE OF THE DAY: Shutdown Imminent: Server coming down for maintenance at Thu Sep 24 17:32:09 2015
    [Thu Sep 24 17:04:55 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 25 minutes. Please plan accordingly.

And last log update was [Thu Sep 24 17:12:14 2015] lol. Cut us a little short.
  15. Kobrah Augur

Seemed like everything crashed but logged right back in after crash and timer was continuing