Server Downtime: Weds, Sept 23 @ 4:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

Why do you assume I haven't went over and messed around with the fade nerf on test?
  2. Suzi New Member

I remember when warriors went on strike on luclin due to a nerf just as PoP started in that they were no longer able to do their roles.[/quote]
  3. Pyrott New Member

Haha, I see that auto following becoming a fun way of begging.. Don't want to give me 10pp? I'll follow you to the abyss!
  4. Rabbit411 New Member

Ohh this will be funny, now you will have huge Mage armies following one toon.
  5. yandra New Member

11:00 EST. servers up.
  6. JolineSZ Augur

That was the first thing I thought when I read it, even I am gone from PvP several years now. I thought OMG they will have fun if I just can follow someone without using to run on my own and only hit.
  7. Bohrdumb New Member

I'm waiting for all the positive responses for getting the server up on time, which is a pretty solid accomplishment compared to some other games.
  8. JolineSZ Augur

Yeah, all but AB the scary one !!!:eek:
  9. sumoldguy New Member

Oh wow, autofollow hell...

let's all cater to the no lifers..

changes = Imagine now, since KC no longer /pick capable... and a one man raid with 4 raid forces following him/her...

Great going DBG... LOL
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Update: Antonius Bayle will require additional downtime. While we're anticipating this will be an additional two hours, we'll continue to update AB players as we know more.
  11. Nightmares Augur

Roshen,
    I was weary of the changes, but it looks like you guys did some backtracking and did listen to some of the concerns ( the +3 / +5 level as an example).
    A lot of these changes look great. I can't comment on all the specific class changes (yet), but at least the consolidation will help a lot. Love the idea about not having to re-click all my clickies all the time. Just one thought though on this topic, haste clickies; I would love to see some of their timers increased some. For an example: Lizardscale Plated Girdle, it has a 15 min buff that extends to about 26 or 29 minutes with full extension from AA and items ( from August geared stand point). It's rather annoying. Not saying all haste clickies should get increases, as some have hours ( though The eyepatch from Velious is another one that's very short). If some of these could be looked at, that would be awesome.
    For the Escape aspect in regards to the +5 range:

Would it be possible to get a new /con system coding for mobs that are those 2 levels of red (so at lv 105, mobs from 109 to 110) and one for mobs above this(at 105, mobs 111+)? so we can see the difference? Would help greatly for the "puller" classes to know what they are dealing with. Of course this is an example, could easily be for an 80 puller, so 84 and 85, then mobs from levels 86 through highest level mobs in game basically.
    Also, I would suggest adding enchanters to this list of +5. Enchanters are the premier CC class and I know I use mine to pull for my groups all the time, even when there are Bards, Monks, SKs, Rangers, and rogues ( necromancers really aught to be a part of this too, being a top puller class as well in their own right) in my groups. Chanter's get Stasis, which escapes combat by stunning the chanter for about 30 sec, there is no invis component; if mobs are around the chanter, the chanter is still in a bad spot and will get attacked(this has happened on quite a few occasions in close quarters). Let's face it, it's the chanters job to deal with all the mobs and keep them in check ( when able due to immunity's and such)so they kinda need a way to dump all that in emergencies, it would seem logical.
    I believe it was 900 mana cost for Fading Memories; so 900 at level 105 would be ( I forget what level bards get Fading memories, but lets say lv 65) 40 levels x 3% would be 120% increased cost, so that 900 would be 1920 mana cost. Is that equation correct? Also, will bards be getting any type of meditation skill cap increase in the future? ( 1 is kinda... )
    In regards to Paladins, I know many use this ability for invisibility. So as it appears here it will no longer ever invis paladins? or is this just in the cases during which the paladin is escaping combat?
    There was talk about Rigor Mortis for Sks being affected in a later patch. So my question is about Feign Death for: Necro, SK, and monk; which can be used as an escape feature ( if it doesn't fail, which could currently happen in the old system anyways) but doesn't immediately remove all agro ( usually have to wait I think it's about 2 min for them to forget about you).
    Has this been changed at all with this patch? or are there plans to change it?
    And Lastly:
    This change seems like the level limits were put a little low. A lot of raid encounters need mobs that are higher level than the players involved to be positioned in certain ways. Will there be an option for a longer recast version of a fling for raids perhaps? like on a 10 - 15 min timer ( after any possible hastened AA for this option) so it's still viable in raids but not nearly as much in Missions, quests, or normal grinds?
    That's all the questions i have atm. Again I just want to say I love almost all the changes your team has worked on and installed today. Many I look forward to and I would love to hear feedback to my questions, so we can better understand these changes.
  12. Razgadz Lorekeeper

You where able to do that before already ... Just invite toon001 into Group set autofollow on Char disband toon001 ... Invite next toon and so on ...
  13. Nightmares Augur

I just spent 10 AA on this ability, and now it wants me to spend 15 AA(for rank 5, which is level 75). I am level 105, the abilities say they should be part of the Auto-granted Expansions. Are these supposed to be free or cost? As per the patch notes you are auto-granting Negation of Subtlety AA to the other classes.
    Can I get clarification on this please?
  14. JolineSZ Augur

One fade = 3% of my mana. As for the 5 level above me fade, simce I cannot mez mobs that con red and also cannot lull them or anything else, I will simply not pull anything red anymore.....look for a different puller. :(
  15. Kaeth New Member

I personally feel like this causes more drama than it prevents. Not just in terms of rewarding and encouraging complaining, but also it makes decisions seem less thought out and therefore harder to swallow. Everyone always tends to only see their own classes' weaknesses and other classes' strengths, and not the big picture. And everyone tends to think of a certain subset of in-game situations as being the whole game.

I prefer the old "vision", which of course requires that they have one. Even better would be a clear set of rules that allows people to reasonable predict where changes will come.
  16. Zebarathe New Member

i keep seeing all this stuff about fade "nerf" ... its not a nerf when you have always had another aa that increases run speed so you can handle the 30feet requirement. Lets but i do want to say pallies are getting the shaft more and more exspecially in the aggro department. Heals do not cause as much aggro as they used to and dps now is a large factor for aggro. So when compared to a sk who can do 30 to 60k on a parse where a paladin does about 10k, paladins are hurting. Yes paladins can last for a long time but it does no good when you cant do enough dps to finish the mob. If you get a sk + healer merc and a paladin+healer merc the sk will win out in the end due to there higher dps ... its nice that you added an aggro enhancer to the paladin ae agro aa but in the end its just a quick burst of aggro and in a longer fight other classes will end up pulling the aggro away ... i've yet to look at the other "enhancements" but i think they probably will not match up in comparison.

If you have updated the effects for spells then i'm going to need another spell slot for root again my aa root just doesnt cut it or cast time ...
  17. reagentz New Member

I am so glad they are nerfing this, er, fixing this. Thank you DBG! You can't please everyone, the one's using this to their advantage are the ones who will cry the loudest.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

Zebra, pallies got good agro boosts from this change. Also pallies are very competitive against SK in dps. PM me if you have questions or other pallies and they can assist you with spell line ups etc if you need the assistance.
  19. Tendonslicer New Member

Don't know your role within the company. But I would expect a more professional word track to the objection you are replying to. Whether Blizzard or Bethesda will happily take anything is an assumption and out of your scope. Sure there are limitations to making customers happy. But you should compartmentalize your life as a professional and think of a better suited answer as a Daybreak rep.
  20. Tronk Augur

I thought he is just an All-Access player like many of the rest of us.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.