Test Update 09/17/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzarn Developer

To clarify the change to the weapon damage bonus formula:

Do note that there was a bug in the item display window where the damage bonus on weapons was displaying as 1 point less than it should have.
    This has been corrected and the value displayed in the window is now the real primary hand value of the new formula.

Previous to this patch - Old formulas use truncation:
    1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay <= 39: 1 + [(level - 28) / 3]
    1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay < 43: 2 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(delay-40)/3]
    1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay < 45: 3 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(delay-40)/3]
    1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand - Delay >= 45: 4 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(delay-40)/3]

1-Handed weapon - Secondary Hand - No Sinister Strikes: 0
    1-Handed weapon - Secondary Hand - Sinister Strikes: 1 + [(level - 40) / 3] * [delay/30]

2-Handed weapon - Delay <= 27: 1 + [(level - 28) / 3]
    2-Handed weapon - Delay < 40: 1 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5]
    2-Handed weapon - Delay < 43: 2 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5] + [(delay-40)/3]
    2-Handed weapon - Delay < 45: 3 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5] + [(delay-40)/3]
    2-Handed weapon - Delay >= 45: 4 + [(level - 28) / 3] + [(level - 30) / 5] + [(delay-40)/3]

Now with this patch the formulas are:
    1-Handed weapon - Primary Hand: (damage * delay * level * 80) / 400000

1-Handed weapon - Secondary Hand: [Primary Hand Formula * Base1 of Sinister Strike SPA]

2-Handed weapon: (damage * delay * level * 110) / 400000

The new formula is intended to better scale to modern weapons where delays are much lower and base damage values are much higher.
    It also allows sinister strikes to scale over time and should show a marked improvement in offhand damage.

If the effect on very low level content ends up being a problem the formula may be reviewed for lower end worst-case situations.

Note that players must be at least level 28 for the damage bonus to apply.
    This change also removed the restriction on what classes have weapon damage bonus applied, previously priests and intelligence casters were excluded.
    Simone, Brogett, mackal and 6 others like this.
  2. Dzarn Developer

Thanks for this information.
    The issue appears to be that the various SPAs that are totaled to create a player's haste value were not pulling data from AA ability effects. This has been corrected and will be fixed for the live patch.
  3. Dzarn Developer

At this time it is intended for the various 'Form of *' passive AA abilities to stack.
    The only line that was made passive that have been intentionally set up not to stack are the 'Soothing Breath' and 'Knowledge of the Past' lines.
    RPoo, Sheex and Qulas like this.
  4. Brohg Augur

fwiw, it would be totally fine for an arbitrary one of those to just go away
    Zarzac, Warpeace, Mayfaire and 2 others like this.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Dzarn can you elaborate further on what this means?

6. Dzarn Developer

It was an error that this change was not included in the patch notes. I've ensured that the patch notes are updated for the live patch to include the following:

Wizard - Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation have been modified so that only the spells focused by these abilities will use charges and receive the focus effect. The mana cost component of these abilities has been adjusted to make them intentionally less mana efficient. The number of charges has been improved slightly for Frenzied Devastation and substantially for Sustained Devastation. The chance to critically cast granted by 'Sustained Devastation' has been improved. Two additional ranks of Sustained Devastation have been created to better match the available ranks of Frenzied Devastation.

The implementation of the ability prior to the patch allowed spells with no mana cost to receive the critical chance increase because the chance increase SPA was independent from the focus effect of the spell, which was a negative mana savings focus.

The way that SPA 212 functions has been overhauled so that it now functions as a focus effect that increases the chance to critically nuke by Base1% while increasing the focused spell's base mana cost by Base2%.

The ability will now correctly use counters for every spell that it imparts the critical chance and mana cost increase to, which is why the counters for all ranks were increased slightly.

The mana cost multiplier was intentionally increased and a suppression was put on mana savings focuses as the two abilities are intended to serve as a costly burn options. Sustained Devastation, which appears to have been neglected for several iterations, has been brought up a bit in power to serve as an option where the critical chance difference between it and Frenzied does not warrant the increased mana cost of the frenzied version.

Please test the impact of these changes in various scenarios and let us know what effect they ultimately have, keeping in mind that it is intended that fully expending burn resources should result in running out of mana faster than playing a sustained role.
    Brogett likes this.
  7. Malacath Journeyman

What about the RoF Raid buff clickys?
    Grelleth's Royal Seal - Frightful aura = Proc Clicky
    Carillon Box Of Lost Songs - Requiem of Remberance = HP+Mana Buff clicky
    Unspoken Eye - Touch of the Unspoken = Hp Buff clicky

And the other RoF Group clicky
    The Chief's Influence - Invigoration of the Ry`Gorr = Hp Buff clicky

i think there was also other buff clickys from voa-current era that i'm forgetting that you didn't list
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Dzarn Developer

This is primary an internal change as it does not really mean much to players by itself, but prior to this patch one spell ID could only apply one focus effect to the character.
    For example: Spell 2342: Slot 1 is SPA 132: This is mana preservation with restrictions on what spells it applies to in slots 2-4.

Prior to this patch, spell 2342 could not have SPA 129 (extended range) in slot 5 because it simply would not be processed because it was not in slot 1.

Now with this patch a single spell can include multiple focus SPAs as the spell system will continue to process them past slot 1. It has not intentionally changed related to how focus effects that a character has work or stack on focused spells.
    Iila, Spellfire and Riou like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Increased by 225% (from avg 16 to flat 52)... isn't that a little extreme? :eek:
    Naugrin likes this.
  10. Dzarn Developer

Item spells that stack against player spell lines have primarily been left unchanged at this time though more item spell lines may be reviewed and changed in the future, consider this a first pass.
    At this time:
    Touch of the Unspoken and Invigoration of the Ry`Gorr stack against the paladin/ranger/beastlord HP buff line and have been left unchanged.

Requiem of Remembrance stacks against Essence of Ruaabri and has had its duration extended.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The mana cost was explicitly set where it was for a purpose. It already caused us to use more resources in it's previous form.

Here's the problem: You cannot USE all of the counters with that high of a mana penalty.

I have a full set of Arx gear (minus 1 slot), tons of clickies that increase mana regen etc. and I could only cast about 30 spells before I ran out of mana. For a Wizard in a lower gear state they would likely only get about 20 spells before running out of mana.

You reduced the benefit given (by preventing procs gaining the benefit) while at the same time massively increasing the penalties associated with it. It's like we went back in time 10 years to the days when no one would use it because it was better not to.

As is there is 0 reason to use it on any fight that lasts over 90 seconds. It will better to NOT use it in every raid but Vitio. (And for lower end guilds it won't even be worth using there).

As a side note: You talked to me about making things work as they were -intented- to work. Well it was never -intented- to block mana preservation, that was an unintended side effect of the change from using the original SPA to the spell focus version.

I get that you want Sustained to take the place of Frenzied for "normal" usage. That's fine, but Frenzied needs to be able to be fully utilized, and it needs to be worth more or else it will simply go unused.
    Brogett, Naugrin, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I assume we'll get another patch on Test to fix all the bugs? Please don't leave us in a buggy messed up state for a long period of time. On a side note if I could get you to look at fellowships someday that'd be super awesome. They need to be extended to 18-24 members, have the campfires extended from 4 hours to 8 for the regular and 1 to 4 for the buffs, have the buffs modernized and possibly adjust the vitality XP sharing back to how it used to be.

Overall great patch once the kinks are ironed out and whatever winds up happening with the fling/fade changes nobody wanted. It probably doesn't get said enough or gets lost among all the complaining and whining threads but thank you & the rest of the dev team for keeping this game alive and adding content & patches 16 years into it's existence.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Now if we can just get rogues and zerkers back into their burst jar we would have wrapped up the burstained issue. Leaving the devs free to create burst and sustained events in a fair and equal way.
  14. Naugrin Augur

You have got to be kidding me.

Thats a massive nerf plus a giant increase in mana consumption. You realize we already burn through mana faster than anyone else?

I really don't know what you guys are thinking.

It's also cool how there was an error in saying anything about it.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  15. Silv Augur

Since you're on a roll explaining... able to clarify how Enchanter Self-Stasis/Friendly Stasis are affected by the changes to Fade since they actually take the player OOC by mezzing themselves? Will mobs over the +2 level limit ignore the mez now? Not sure how this mechanic will work...

You know they've been going down the class list one at a time with stealth/unexplained nerfs. At this rate Necromaners are up next month since they've done Ench->Mage->Wiz!
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

Why was Death's Effigy changed from 100% chance of aggro wipe to 90% aggro wipe for necros? So not only did you nerf the ability with the cap you also now totally changed its success rate. This needs to go back to 100% aggro fade and be capped to 110 for necros if thats going to be the new cap for pulling abled classes.

Necros had fd first in the game. We have had all the pulling tools since inception: lull, root, charm, mezz, snare and fear all paired with fd. We were late to the fade party via AA but still got it at the same time as some of the others sk's, rangers, etc.

LIVE
    [21805] Death's Effigy
    Classes: SHD/254 NEC/254
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Feign Death
    2: Cancel Aggro (100% Chance)
    Text: Your body is cold to the touch.

TEST
    The description says its now only a 90% chance that enemies will forget about you AND capped to 108 or under mobs.
    Garshok, Inga, Spellfire and 4 others like this.
  17. Forcallen Augur

I would say this was a bug but the description for the SK version is different. So they purposely changed the necro version to now be 90% success of aggro dump with a lower mob level cap than other classes they seem to view as pullers now.

Please fix this stupid and set it back to 100% aggro clear and cap necros at the highest you guys do for pullers.
  18. Brudal Augur

Not to worry, we lost a ton of sustained with the adjustments, and our burn will drop by about 1/2.
    Arcainos likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

For reference, I'm an example of a group geared wizard. Level 105, max AAs, all T3 TDS gear, and most the good mana augs. Which comes to 97k mana self buffed. After testing using just Frenzied Devastation I'm getting 14 casts then another 5 after using both harvests before I'm completely out of mana. If I use robe clickie I'll get another 1 or 2.

So, having all those counters doesn't really do me any good. If it stays like this I'll probably use it like in the old days. I'll use up 5 or 6 counters and click it off. There's really no fight where I have the kind of mana to spare to really use it more than that.

What's the intended scenario exactly? We could probably suggest how to change things to arrive at what makes sense.
  20. Uxtalzon Augur

Thank you for clarifying!

Aside from raids, it doesn't seem too much of an impact.

[IMG]

[WORRYING INTENSIFIES]

They're affected by that much?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.