How to Slay Your Dragon.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, Sep 16, 2015.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

Just a couple of questions, because 42 is the highest I've been, ever, with a character.

Have Gorenaire/Talendor/Severilous always been raid mobs in their respective zones? Have they been buffed? Are they group (or groupx2) content?

I'm asking because I've honestly never been this far with a paladin, and while I'm interested in getting my epic at some point, I doubt I'll ever get to experience a raid of Vox or Nagafen (unless I'm lucky and some guild lets me join for the funsies, which in that case, I wouldn't care about loot, I've just never experienced something like that before).
  2. Astral - TR Elder

All three dragons you listed are more difficult than Vox and Nagafen.

They will require an adequate raid force.
    Simone likes this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Okay. I was just checking, since reading the ZAM comments about said creatures (including the fish dragon thing I forgot in FV), a lot of the people had said they were taking them down with a single group or two (some in the 50s, or 60s). I understand that they may be wearing stuff like Defiant gear, just in case, I had to ask.
  4. Darth Augur

You can just buy a book of scale from a raiding guild. I mean over on Lockjaw I just gave one away today.

Not sure if TL has any extra can't imagine they don't those books drop a ton.

Should /tell Jain and ask.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Naggy and Vox are probably your best bet, other than just buying the books. I imagine, or at lease hope, that TL is more concerned with Kunark targets than fighting Naggy and Vox. (Is the level 52 cap in effect for Naggy and Vox?)

Keep in mind that there are battles to take care off besides just the books (such as killing Miragul, etc), so make sure you have the ability to take down those targets too before you buy anything, as well as completing your Soulfire and having access to certain islands in Sky.
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

Epic enough to let me join you all in FI *for a raid* (Had to edit post, pre-coffee me typed something that implied I was asking to join FI, I like the guild I'm in currently) to give me the books needed and help me complete my epic?

Eh? Eh?

[IMG]
  7. Marthisdil Augur

TL has been passing on all Classic raid bosses
  8. Darth Augur

Are you on Lockjaw?
  9. Azzudien Augur

Clearly I fail at Rorschach tests, that picture looks like a kitten throwing up to me
  10. -wycca Augur

We don't have a ton of books made (all in all), they're rarer than you think. The kunark dragons might drop them more often than classic, but don't have enough data yet.

We've had 4 different rotation guilds ask us about books or book pieces if that tells you how in demand they are. I think we might have finally gotten all our pal's books just now.
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm gonna claim insanity on the reading comprehension fail of your signature. That's all. Enjoy that kitten.
  12. Darth Augur

That sucks.

Sorry man, wish I could have helped.
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

It's okay....

14. RandomStrategy Augur

I'll send you a tell, sure, but I'm not sure we're fully on the same server. Unless you're trying to tempt me to join LJ :p

Wait, you *$!)(in' me? I'm very flattered, but no matter how much I love EQ and want to experience it all, I'm still a 44 paladin (I'm not *hardcore* batphone type), but I do play a lot. Mostly exploring, helping others. Stuff a paladin would do, or a monk....that wanders....and helps people....maybe.....searching for someone.....OMG BRB HOPE THE NAME IS OPEN.
  15. -wycca Augur

If you want a data point btw, I think we've completed 6 or 7 books now. I bet we may have another 1-2 in uncompleted book pieces on ppl who quit/retired/etc. Nevertheless, we're still looking at a drop rate of around 20% on book parts on Nag/Vox I think (we've had ~50 classic kills of them I think).

Magelo seems to hint Kunark dragons drop them more often, and thus far, with our limited kill data, they do appear to. I think we've only bothered to kill Tal/Gore 2x, and Sev like 5x, so could be rng.
  16. Snar Lorekeeper

Its because we are the casual server we get books. The hardcore server get cloaks.
  17. -wycca Augur

This.

Think we got in the 29-32 range on vox cloaks in classic.