Next Campaign - requested zerker changes

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Arcainos, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Arcainos Augur

Can we please get rid of the need to summon axes for our combat abilities?

there is a number of other things too, but this is just annoying, and no real need for it.
    Norathorr likes this.
  2. Norathorr Augur

AA to mitigate blind and change the root component on Frenzied resolve. If we are continuously tuned around a root ability the class is dead. I have not subscribed for a prolonged period since VoA because of the misery caused by this horrible ability. I thought someone would have seen sense by now. Another request is no more fluff abilities but more focusing on our existing abilities and auto attack for bread and butter damage. Cant stand crap like that ability that gives us a mini doppleganger etc.
    Arcainos likes this.
  3. Fenudir Augur

It is, admittedly, asinine that we still have to deal with detriments that no other class has had to deal with since level 55-ish.

The summoned axe components with no way to mitigate is was a step back. The root and blind are, at this point, a joke.
    Arcainos and Norathorr like this.
  4. Behelit Augur

don't forget Reckless Abandon still having a 25% to miss out on the last 12s of hit dmg mod.
    Arcainos, Norathorr and Fenudir like this.
  5. Tanols Augur

Going to get slammed for this but ..... Open the class to have ability to dual wield. Restrict it to Axes and Hammers if you must. I would even accept that some of our existing Discs/AA lines did not work while dual wielding as long as there are new ones that provide a temporary boost to DPS / defensive abilities. The couple thousand AAs to be purchased in related arcs alone would provide some of us a reason to purchase new content and go out and grind.
  6. Fenudir Augur

Not going to slam you. I'm just going to point out that our use of two handers exclusively is part of the lore. Plus allowing us to dual wield would be a coding and AA nightmare.

What I would like to see is us actually getting a class specific weapon. Warriors, rogues,rangers, monks, and knights get them. I'm getting tired of fighting others for weapons.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Now imagine waiting through an entire expansion, 42 raid clears, without ever (not once) seeing that class specific weapon drop. As others have watched happen to them. Be careful what you ask for.
  8. Fenudir Augur

I can't speak for other guilds but we have class specific weapons get tribbed all the time.

What I'm really asking for is to quit being treated like the red headed step-child of EQ.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

...you mean the generic weapons almost no one wants, that have the same basic ratios as the other generic 2h weapons and that are pretty much every guild's first to rot? In my experience those have the absolute least demand of almost any other weapon archetype.....If those aren't Zerk weapons, they basically become pure bag fodder for warriors, rangers, beastlords, etc?

Zerk have issues but class weapons would seem to be small fish in that discussion.
  10. Fenudir Augur

For some remarkably effed up reason, some warriors in my guild seem.to get perverse pleasure out of out bidding zerkers for two handers. I know other zerkers who say the same thing.

I'll agree that a) the cookie cutter ratios of weapons these days makes me facepalm and that b) in the relative scheme of things, a class only weapon is relatively low on the list. Still, it would be a nice token.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Your warriors are pretty gd derp then man. I usually do weapon tells on raids and I don't think I've ever seen a war ask for a generic 2h over a zerk. Most of the time I have to look for a home for that stuff, and any warrior, ranger or beast that asks even says only in if no Zerk need.....Berserker has to be the absolute easiest melee to get your weapon(s) on raids of any class.
  12. Fenudir Augur

If only...
  13. Tanols Augur

Honestly I don't know how much of a coding nightmare it would be. They manage it just fine for warriors, knights, and rangers. There are even AA lines for those classes that are specific to two handed and dual wielding. The concern or fear I have around this suggestion would be having existing discs become "overpowered" and get adjusted.

Admittedly I am just reaching for a solution to a problem I that most of the berserkers I know have. They have been at the AA cap upon release of new content for the past 2 to 5 expansions and are capped again after a new release within a short period of time.

As far as the lore goes .... our skill caps etc have never reflected that restriction/specialization. The exception being AA and Disc lines that are unique to our class.

In all honestly I'll admit I am grasping at straws here. No one ever imagined that EQ would keep on going for as long as it has and the framework of the game has limitations. Classes were given unique characteristics, abilities, limitations for a reason.
  14. Bertirum New Member

The blind component doesn't do anything more than blind. So you can safely click off the song without losing any dps. If you have the final rank of the ability there is only a 25% chance to proc the blind effect. Click here for more information: http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?name=blinding fury
    Frenzied resolve - oh the solutions I have for this one!
    Solution #1 - Change the root to a snare.
    Solution #2 - Change the initial song component to a spell that
    -- a. ticks a song that gives the bonus and the root.
    -- b. would allow us to click the song off to re-position ourselves when changing targets or suffer a knock back effect or have to chase down the loose mob.
    Solution #3 - Change this into a totem that would allow us to move freely (no root, no snare) that gives the bonuses as an aura.
    Totally agree on the fluff abilities! That doppleganger does 00.43% of my damage during a 6 minute parse (So its a sustained parse and not burst).

Could we get an opener ability that uses our class specific combat ability (Frenzy) ... PLEASE?! Monks have their crane stance kick, rogues opening backstab hits 8 times for 300k and the berserker comes in with a slap or a kick... not even kick worth naming, no - its a kick to the shins. Also - please move these abilities to their own timer. There is no reason an opener should be on the same timer as battle cry abilities.

Buff Vehement Rage somehow/someway that makes me want to use it rather than just spamming battle stomp at 100% uptime.

Make Juggernaut Resolve overwrite Battle Stomp - I can easily set up the social hotkey to do this, but I'd rather have it built into the ability. I am not complaining that they don't stack, but if I want to use it then Juggernaut Resolve should take the buff slot.

Our own weapon would be amazing! Since all of the 2 handers are cookie cutter now with the exception of the monk only weapon.

Remove the 90% health remaining requirement on our abilities. Or at the very least add bloodfury aa to it in order to cut down on things I have to click in order to activate abilities.
  15. Bertirum New Member

Also - Make Uncanny resilience a normal rune - or give it equal parts spell rune and when either portion of the rune runs out it fades.
  16. Fenudir Augur

17. Bertirum New Member

Since I'm 50+ on the aggrometer anyways - you might as well give us abilities that can only be used then.
  18. Brogett Augur

I'm not sure who fed you that rogue information but it's wrong.

Our opening backstab ability doesn't hit 8 times (2 IIRC, but I haven't used it for a while). It also shared a timer witht he barage etc line which generally hits for more so we simply don't use the opener at all unless we can guarantee the time a mob is engaged. (So maybe we'll use solo, but almost never in any other circumstance.)

Basically, rogue opener is as pathetic as your own.
    Sheex and Behelit like this.
  19. Behelit Augur

I've never been a fan of the idea of "opener" skill attacks. I'd be fine with the Zerker one just going away and getting something more useful in its place.
  20. Arcainos Augur

With the latest berserker changes, specifically to the shortening of furious rampage, I'm really hoping that the developers are lining things up to work well with some kind of boost in the new campaign. I still can't get over the fact that we started to see some beneficial changes, only to get our legs cut out from under us again.

Also, with the changes to fade, I would like to re-request invis aa ability lines for all toons, regardless of class. Call it "smoke bomb" or something that fits with the lore if you want, but after 20+ expansions, I think it's finally time to let us all invis without having 20 stacks of 20 invis pots in our inventories at all times.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.