Raidbosses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zauk, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Zauk New Member

Kind of silly they are down a few hours after a the new Exp is out.

Cant imagine they are downed in another way then pets.
    Isnt it possible to add a sweap attack to all raidbosses that only hit summoned units in the front!?
    Wont effect raids that use real tanks since pets will be in the back!?

No i dont care if i wont get to down them myself, i care because i dont want to vote next exp soon.

Yes i know its been posted several times and alot of pages, it should be posted a 1000 times more until its fixed!
  2. Lenyr New Member

Talk about rushing through content.
  3. Hendar2 Augur

This is a surprise???

I'm not sure what a guild is supposed to do in this case. "Gee, we have the force to kill a raid boss now, but I guess we should wait a while for appearances".

Pet walling is another issue. I'm happy to see changes to limit excessive pet usage.
  4. taliefer Augur

they still have to get enough keys to clear VP before the vote timer starts. got a few days id imagine
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

They didn't need pets at all for this, every expansion up until PoP will be beaten with in the first 3-4 days too 2 week period. Get uses to it. The only way they can artificially slow the content down is by not spawning the bosses.

it took 11 toons on vulak to beat kunark. 3 cycles of trakanon and kunark will be beaten on ragefire. If you want to really slow them down, figure out what mob to lock down in lake of ili omens.
  6. Progress Augur

Yeah, I remember EoE downing VS within the first 5 mins of the expansion opening on Vulak.
  7. Vlerg Augur

You are surprised? this was forecast months ago.. heck, years ago from the previous servers.
    If we can kill a magic-immune Queen Bee in plane of sky that's been buffed up to the strength of a PoP elemental god, at 50... what make you think a Kunark dragon will be any different from a glorified trash mob?

Anything that's not locked behind keys/flag will be downed within hours of the server opening... this include Avatar of war, tunare, Vulak... If veeshan peak / sleeper tomb didn't require keys, they'd be cleared on the first day aswell ... Afterall, there's absolutly NOTHING new to these bosses. strats ( the little bits of strats in old EQ, that is) are well known since a decade, zone layout, trash spawn point.. everything.

Tunat'muram was killed within a week of GoD release, overlord mata muram in 2 days of OoW... , the first expansion that might require a bit of time is DoDh and it's demiplane of blood ( then again, this might be due to lack of people at that time)

I guess some of you nostalgic people remember classic EQ being kinda hard... truth is, the biggest challenge at the time was finding 30-40 people with good enough computers to not lag out in a raid environment
    Simone and lockjaws like this.
  8. -wycca Augur

These raid mobs are pretty easy even at 50. They're just gonna facemelt at 60.
  9. Naelbis Elder

Told ya so....
  10. Crystilla Augur

What all has been killed? Been playing since hour 4 of Kunark unlock and only saw Venril Sather kill update. No other Kunark mob notices.

Edited to add - how could a guild kill VS within 5 min of server up? Takes more than that just to zone that many times much less the run from a zone into the castle, much less killing and getting into VS's room.
  11. Porygon Augur

To give you an idea, said guild was later suspended for doing so.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Congratulations, it's always nice to get server firsts for the first couple weeks when people care and don't get annoyed by the yellow messages...but dang, I was hoping with the raid boss changes that this would be a tiny bit challenging even for the top guilds.
  13. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

proygon know what your talkin about before you open your mouth.. 2 people were suspended, and removed from the guild for their actions.

the first expansion that wont be beaten in less then 2 weeks will be Underfoot. Get uses too it.
  14. Porygon Augur

Sorry, I should have said "players" in the guild. Calm down. It's not like the legacy of EoE matters. They didn't do anything special.
  15. Croak Augur

Machen still has fippykills.com online

SoF was the first expansion that took more than 2 weeks

SoD there was very solid competition between Citizen and EoE and still longer than 3 weeks
  16. chris_the_mage Augur

I dont think vp will be cleared in under 2 weeks
  17. chris_the_mage Augur

unless of course, they continue to have zero competition from the beta children of apok who are hiding in a corner waiting for rotation so they can get free pixels
  18. Porygon Augur

Yea, it's kinda telling, the expansion release, that none if the guilds even have interest in ffa. It's surprising.
  19. Darth Augur

The only telling thing about that is why have enforced rotations if no one else even wants to raid?
    Porygon likes this.
  20. BestReleaseNA Augur

Thats simple. The rotation is intended to dumb down the game for people who dont want to play everquest.