Mash Key not firing all keys

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Arcainos Augur

I'm trying to set my Rogue's mash hotbar, and I'm consistently finding 1 or more key is not firing, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get them to all fire. My Berserker has the same hotkey bar, same mash key, and the same number of combat abilities that fire, so it doesn't seem to be the NUMBER of things going.

The hotbar is set so the first 9 slots on the bar fire when I hit a specific button (shift e, in this case).

The abilities are:

Backstab
    Barrage
    Hack
    Hidden Blade
    Jugular Hack
    Ligament Slice
    Twisted Shank
    Phantom Assailant
    WIde-Eyed Mark

Ligament Slice doesn't seem to fire after the initial outlay of the key mash (ie. after first cooldown is up).

I've tried swapping a few things which seems to not help.

Any ideas?
  2. Gumlakx Augur

Try swapping the order of the keys, moving Ligament Slice higher up on the list.
  3. Zarakii Augur

I know multiple activated AA on a mash line up wont fire off right not sure what/if any of those keys are rogue aa but it would be sweet if DBG fixed this issue would love to add banestrike to my mash keys
  4. Arcainos Augur

any rogues have an order that works for them they want to share?
  5. Iila Augur

I couldn't get Storm Strike and Banestrike to both fire when I had them as buttons on my multibind hotbar. Only one of them would fire, then I'd be spammed with messages about that one not being refreshed.

Then I put them both in a social key with no pauses, and that's been working fine.
  6. segap Augur

Other than that I do not use a mash key? All of those things have long enough timers you're not needing to constantly mash them. Some of them are dots and not good in all situations. Some of those things are useless or situational. The closest thing I do have is one social that has Barrage, Hidden Blade, Banestrike and Thieve's Eyes. I'll hit that anytime either Hidden Blade or Barrage is usable (unless the fight is almost over so that I have Barrage immediately on the next target). Otherwise, everything else is used as available/needed. Play often enough, and the timing on backstab becomes innate (heck, I returned after 10+ years away and still had my rhythm down for that and evade).
  7. AB-Muvien Elder

Im not a rogue but you might be able to use the solution I use anyways.

I have 4 macrokeys that contain some different combinations of AA's, Discs, abilities etc. One of them looks like this.

/disc Jolting Cut kicks Rk. III
    /alt act 15073 :Banestrike
    /doability 2 :Regular kick
    /disc Focused Storm of Blades Rk. III
    /alt act 337 :Ferocious kick

I move whichever fits the situation to slot 1 on my hotbar, which is a part of my mashkey.
  8. Zaknaffein Augur

Make a macro-key and put all of your Activated AA and clickable items into that one key.

Then link another hotbar page to that one key assign and proceed to put one disc or one ability (Kick/BS/Bash/taunt ect.) per button on that hotbar which is linked to the one macro-key with all of your /alt activations or /use items key.
  9. Fenudir Augur

I can't tell you how many times I've submitted the multi-bind hotbar isdue. It just keeps getting ignored.

The problem with macros is that, frankly, they suck. They're even less reliable at spam firing.
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

As a rogue, I have one mash key that's backstab and *insert skill i'm trying to work on* (currently intimidation, formerly disarm).

Another that is Barrage + Hidden Blade + Banestrike. In that order.

My 3 dots are on another mash button, because they're not always appropriate to use - Jugular Hack, Twisted Shank, Hack. In that order.

Button has to be hit twice - it will basically go until it encounters a disc. When that disc is performed, it stops. Which is why thief's vision is NEVER on a mash button.

I don't use ligament slice. If I want them snared, i'll put on a utility poison that includes snare. There's plenty to choose from. I usually don't use PA either. Can screw with aggro, or so I was informed during TDS beta by enough warriors that I'm not going to argue the point for a handful of damage. Aggro control isn't a problem for me.

Wide Eyed Mark and Pinpoint Whatever are on their own buttons, so that I can time them myself to work best for my burns, rather than just hoping they're up at the time.

My keys are 1 - backstab etc, 4 - barrage etc, Shift+Delete - dots, A - Mark, Z - Pins. Disorientation is Q. I play with right hand on arrows, left hand on number line. Everything is mapped accordingly.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I have Backstab, Barrage, and Hidden Blade on one hotkey. And DoT's on another hotkey. Having too much on one key will hinder you a bit as they fire one at a time in the order you have them set up. Things like Pinpoint/Mark I have on their own keys as well. I don't bother with Banestrike as it always screwed up any hotkey rotation I tried to put it on. It's not worthwhile to bother.