DBG has suspended Overrated guild members for not complying with a player-made rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Voide, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Xanumbik Augur

if DBG really wants to make a point and at the same time impress their buddys perma ban people. i dont even know why someone suspended would WANT to come back to this game, for myself dont ever bother suspending me jsut ban me a quick death is better.
  2. Cerevent Crimsonstar New Member

Interesting to note that at least 4 members of Overrated are online right now, so apparently not a full guild ban.
  3. Machen New Member

Even if all this was absent, there is a line in their terms of service that states they reserve the right to terminate anyone's service at any time for any reason.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Aekold Augur

Please, basement lawyer, tell us how even though accepting the EULA means that you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service you aren't actually bound by those Terms of Service?

Ignorance of the rules that you chose to be bound by does not provide an excuse for failing to follow them.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

In a court of law the case would be laughed out of court. Really, does anyone think any court anywhere would take this matter seriously if someone were to bring a lawsuit based on this ?
  6. Reval Augur

I bet Night Court in it's 5'th season would take on this case.
  7. Machen New Member

To come at this from another direction. Would anyone REALLY want a lawsuit like this to succeed? It would spell the death of all mmo's. If anyone created any kind of tiered content, a player could argue that they were denied equal access, use this case as a precedent, and collect a paycheck from the offending mmo developer. The result: no more mmo developers.
    Mayfaire and Indrigoth like this.
  8. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

Only the players/accounts that were in Sky got banned for it. Even alt accounts of players in Sky were not banned.
  9. Machen New Member

So DBG did indeed learn something from the MM incident.
    Zurd and Simone like this.
  10. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

Clearly not, because they're still actioning players for, gasp, playing the game.
  11. Machen New Member

But only the actual players involved, not 700 people who weren't even present.
    Simone likes this.
  12. Gloom Journeyman

They're still actioning players for, gasp, trying to step on as many other players as they can.

Self entitled people who refuse to even acknowledge others, or that they came together as a community in a social mmo to make a ruleset that Daybreak asked for and approved, and IS enforcing, is what your problem is.

Gasp, people tried to step on other players, and oh, wait, gasp, daybreak held their word and put the paddle on their behind. Get over it. Did I use your sarcasm enough?

This incessant whining constantly is so absurd.
    Indrigoth and Simone like this.
  13. Simone Augur

Sounds like Daybreak acted appropriately then and handled this situation correctly. Overrated got exactly what they deserved and I have zero sympathy for them. If they want to play in Plane of Sky they need to qualify for it like the rest of us did or simply ask a guild already in the rotation for some time on their day.
  14. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

If killing mobs that were up for 8 hours is stepping on players, then by all means we're terrible people who will do anything to get ahead.

If you want to see the ruleset that Daybreak actually links at the top of this forum, let me give you a quick refresher.

1.1 Play Nice Policies - Activity within EverQuest

In addition to the Rules of Conduct listed in section 1.0, players are also subject to these supplementary guidelines while playing EverQuest. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts in EverQuest, it provides a suitable foundation by which the player can determine what activities are appropriate:

There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server. We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other. Game Masters and Guides will not help negotiate these disputes between players and guilds.

Seems that last line's gone completely out the window. I guess it's more important to find a completely contradictory post by some random DBG employee buried somewhere randomly in a 75 page thread.
  15. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

Hold on, I'd reply appropriately but I need to find and push the like button on 371 other posts first because I cannot come up with my own thoughts as I am too busy eating a family sized pack of cheetos.
  16. Aekold Augur

Fixed that for you.

Also a shame that your clutch citation further reinforces the validity of the player designed rotation that you insist isn't binding or applicable to your guild.
    Elricvonclief and Simone like this.
  17. Necromonious Augur

Even if the TLP servers shut down, were permanently down with some kind of crash that DBG couldn't fix....

....you still couldn't sue them because your money allows you to play on the Live servers as well. All that your sue-happy crusade would get you is a bunch of legal fees and still a temp ban
    Indrigoth, Sheex and Simone like this.
  18. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

I would also like to point out that <Dead Halfling Society> attempted the mediation. I don't think anyone can legitimately argue that DHS is one of the unscrupulous guilds out for their own self interest at the expense of any player, guided or not.

Sounds to me that the guilds of Lockjaw attempted in good faith to resolve this issue.
    Simone likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

<Overrated>'s attempt to break the system and confidence in doing so successfully was....overrated.
    Elricvonclief and Simone like this.
  20. PlaceholderName_01 New Member

So, there was an attempted mediation by a guild that could easily be biased, as they are a member of this holy rotation. That isn't a neutral third party in any way whatsoever. And there is absolutely no context here that would leave me to believe anything about DHS in any positive or negative light, so saying "no one can argue x" about them makes no sense.