No Chardok Royals gate keeper

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elovera, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Elovera Journeyman

I heard there was a proposal to make the Chardok Royals a gate keeper.

There are enough gate keepers without blocking epics for non rotation guilds.

Flat out if you make them part of the rotation I'm not going to honor it as it's a content block move rather than a real raid mob gatekeeper.

If you want a rotation for raid mobs then stick to raid mobs but if you want to block non raid guilds from getting epics the council can take a flying leap.

tldr; I vote no to Chardok Royals as having any kind of restriction. Going to kill them anyway.
  2. Batbener Augur

The gate keeper for kunark rotation should be the toughest mob in classic. The gate keeper for velious should be the toughest in kunark. It really should be that simple.
  3. Marthisdil Augur

and by your logic, the gatekeeper for classic should be the toughest mob of nothing, so nothing, right? :)
  4. Pikallo Augur

Its a 2 hours respawn. Who really cares...
  5. Croak Augur

You didn't specify which server this was being discussed for.

Apparently lots of Sky is on a fast respawn and drops epic loot as well

For consistency we should really insist that royals are reserved based on how Sky is handled on your server, from day 1 of Kunark.

I am an opponent to how Sky is being handled on Lockjaw, but also can't see logic in harder mobs being FFA forever when locked out of easy stuff now.
  6. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

And the Chardok royals were really buffed. In classic you could take them with a single group if the group was good. Now they will require a raid force. And they are a 2 hour spawn. They don't drop great loot besides epic stuff.

I do agree that they shouldn't be on a rotation so non- rotation guilds and people are blocked, but having them as a gatekeeper doesn't seem that bad
  7. chris_the_mage Augur

chardok royals are not buffed
  8. Esper Augur

Aren't you in for a surprise.
    Simone and Alpha_Ragefire like this.
  9. AbyssalLord Journeyman

The idea of the gatekeeper is a mob that is easily gotten to and killed that spawns quickly, but is still a challenge. The royals qualify. They are not "blocked" by the rotation, they will be permacamped, but not for any reason that has anything to do with the rotation.
  10. kraggnar Elder

If you think we are going to be blocked from our epic you better get Roshan to start banning us clerics now.
  11. chris_the_mage Augur

[IMG]
    Indore likes this.
  12. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

They were buffed. Confirmed buffed by DBG in another thread. They specifically mentioned that several of the mobs for Epics were buffed. Don't believe it go try them on Test.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Asheran Augur

Anyone can check to see which mobs were buffed by jumping on Fippy. The buffs were applied to all TLPs, and Kunark ones have been active on Fippy since they were first implemented.
  14. Dupre_MIM Elder

Unless I'm missing something, the Chardok Royals are like a 2 hour spawn, 4 at most. They pop faster than Phinny. How exactly would this be blocking anyone?

That said, the rotation councils I'm sure will determine fair and easy to access gatekeeper mobs.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Naelbis Elder

Doesn't matter if epic mobs are buffed or not. Once most of the server realizes that they will not be allowed to try for their epics due to mobs being reserved for rotation members there is going to be an uproar. Especially with the no raid alliances rule keeping smaller guilds/random players from banding together and getting their stuff done.
    Croak likes this.
  16. Porygon Augur

I think youre the one that might be in for a surprise!
  17. Porygon Augur

The royals were buffed initially, they were since reviewed and determined there was no need to keep them buffed. You should see this changed prior to the release of Kunark.
  18. Simone Augur

Putting them on rotation hasn't even been discussed. They have a two hour spawn timer which makes it very unlikely that they will be added to the rotation.
  19. Bewts Augur

Fixed that for ya.
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I don't mean to be insulting, but what are you talking about?

While I can't speak to Lockjaw's rotation, or what they might decide for their Kunark, on Ragefire all of the council meeting logs are made public after each meeting and you can see for yourself what has been discussed, proposed, and voted on by each council guild.

Here are the links for you:

2015.08.29 Ragefire Leadership Summit Logs - http://goo.gl/9jcGv3
    2015.08.16 Ragefire Leadership Summit Logs - http://goo.gl/aO4bq3
    2015.08.09 Ragefire Leadership Summit Logs - http://goo.gl/m8EmJn

There are a total of 5,808 lines of text, with 1,641 from the most recent one, where three guilds presented Kunark proposals. Of those three proposals, only one of them included the Royals. The Royals are mentioned 3 times total, beginning at line 1106 and ending at line 1115. Since they are mentioned so little I will quote the Royals mention in it's entirety for you here:

There you go.