Progression server wizard ?'s

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Docharp, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Docharp New Member

Hey all,

I have recently returned to EQ and playing on ragefire. My hopes are to raid on a wizard, but I am also going to have a 3box team for when I am not soloing/grouping on the wizard. The team is a SK/SHM/WIZ combo.

My question is this: How is the soloability of wizards as the next few xpacs are concerned? I remember quad kiting back in velious on my druid, and I know that is an option for a wizard, but as far as luclin+pop (and beyond) are concerned I am lost. Is the wizard able to solo well enough to grind AA's, or will I mostly be grouping/using my 3box set up to grind up the wizard?

Also, I am fairly certain on my setup, I know an enc would better serve the group but I would be let without a healer, and I did not want to go paladin. Eventually, if I am still around when mercs go into effect, I might reform the group if still playing the wizard to include a bard instead of a shaman.

Thanks for the insight and help, I am excited to play the wizard!

Doc
  2. Shallizar Lorekeeper

I soloed on my wiz from level 1 to 105 just fine. It may not always be the fastest exp, but it is possible. Casters are also more powerful on progression servers then they were back in 1999, so it should be a bit easier. Once a wiz gets snare you can kill pretty much anything that does not summon.
  3. Axxius Augur

Low level nukes were retuned a few years ago, and now all nukes at all levels are more efficient at solo killing than quadding. You will kill 4 mobs 1 by 1 with your biggest nuke a lot faster than you will kite dead 4 mobs. Which is also good for your group setup.