Help for a TLP Noob?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lufia, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Lufia New Member

Hello!

I am sorry to post this here, rather then the noobie questions forum, but as it related to these servers I thought I would try it out.

First, it is fun to be back playing EQ...and the servers are are fun :)

With that being said...a lot has changed since I played EQ back in Vanilla and it seems as though these servers have locked content..but features are still available.

For instance, I learned that if you die you keep your things and don't need to hunt your body? Do you loose exp if you die? I was grateful to be low level and have meditate and not have to look at my book :) haha

This forum is filled with folks experienced with Vanilla :) so I am sure this is the place to ask. What differences are in place on these servers vs real vanilla? Is there a website that outlines it?

Also...a random macro question. On my Magician I wanted to create a macro that would have my caster cast his main attack spell, so I could focus on moving my pet around.

I tried:

/pause 5, /cast 1
    /pause 40, /cast 1

but it never casts the second spell. It is just the weak little flame burst spell you get at lvl 1. I know it can fizzle...but when I tried the macro and just focused on what was happening the second cast never took off. I even tried increasing the wait time like this:

/pause 5, /cast 1
    /pause 40
    /pause 40, /cast 1

and also

/pause 5, /cast 1
    /pause 55, /cast 1

Any guidance would be awesome! w00t :)
    :) Thanks all!
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Try

/pause 30, /cast 1
    /cast 1

then see if you see 2 spells cast. I believe the cast happens 1st then the pause during the macro. Then adjust the 1st pause lower and you'll find the balance.
    moogs and Lufia like this.
  3. moogs Augur

You will lose XP when you die (after the first few levels). You won't have to find your corpse to get your stuff back. You will have to find it if you want to get rezzed, that's all.
  4. moogs Augur

Like oldkracow says, try using a longer /pause. /pause 30 will pause for 3.0 seconds. The /pause and /cast are in reverse if they are on the same line, in other words /cast 1 happens first and then it will /pause.

/pause 30, /cast 1
    /cast 1

is the same thing as

/cast 1
    /pause 30
    /cast 1

If you right-click and hold to read the spell description, it should show your casting time. If the casting time is 3.5 seconds (for example), you would have a /pause afterwards of at least 35. Then add 0.5 seconds for global cooldown (all spells are greyed out). You would have a minimum of 40. Then account for latency and other factors, and you're probably closer to a /pause 45 timer for a spell with a casting time of 3.5 seconds. Increase your /pause time until you see that the second /cast is happening. Then reduce the number (bracket it in) for maximum efficiency. Maybe it wouldn't need to be 45 but you could get away with 42.
    Felicite and Lufia like this.
  5. moogs Augur

Felicite and Lufia like this.
  6. Lufia New Member

That is perfect Moogs! Thank you :)

While I know that we often find ourselves caught up in the negative aspects of the game...I would like to say that I have never had a tough time finding someone to help with a question, or offering to help with a fight.

There is a lot of kindness in the players of EQ :) Thanks for the help!
  7. Gorian147 New Member

I love your name. One of the most underrated old school rpg ever :)
  8. Asheran Augur

Oh yes it is! Lufia II is one of my favorite games of all time. The "endless" dungeon (ancient cave) that is only accessible after you have beaten the game was amazing.
  9. Demolishion New Member

dont u need to take in account the recast time for a spell ?
    cast time = 1.5 and recast = 1.5 making it /pause 30, /cast 1 on the safeside use /pause 35
  10. Musette New Member

You liked Rise of the Sinistrals more than Fortress of Doom?

But Guy dies in II. GUY DIES CORAL.
  11. taliefer Augur

Guy dies in Lufia 1.
  12. Zublak Augur

Level 6 you start losing experience upon death. Always come back with your armor and rez sickness.
  13. Kibanu Augur

At level 5, you gain an AA ability called Origin that is basically a 'gate' but it takes you back to the first spawn location, in front of your class GM. You can accress it by hitting "I" and hitting the Alt Adv button at the bottom-left. Click on the General tab. Scroll down to Origin and click on it. On the right will be a "Make Hotkey" button. It'll create a hotkey on your cursor. Drag it over on to your bar. Now you have a free "gate" for even melee. Keep in mind, your Origin location can never be changed. It does not bring you back to your bind point.

I think it's a 15 minute cooldown, or something like that.
  14. moogs Augur

Good catch. That's correct, if you plan to cast the same spell over and over again. (Most people are not interested in doing this, but it is an option and you brought up a good point.)

If you're planning to cast different spells in sequence (malo, nuke1, nuke2), then the recast timer doesn't matter. There is a global cool down (recast timer) of 0.5 seconds in which your entire spellbar is unusable, so that plus latency to the server needs to be accounted for. What's nice about the global cool down is that you can often use instant-cast alternate abilities in between casting your spells. (Example in the following post with Force of Elements.)
  15. moogs Augur

I don't know much about magicians. Mine is on my 3rd account and is only boxed. My pet is usually not the group's main tank because that requires some level of attention and effort. I haven't played EQ much at all since May or June. I am by no means advocating that the macros below are great for DPS or efficiency. They will be updated one day when I get around to caring a little bit. (That day in the future is...nowhere in sight.) What I can say is that these macros function, at least for me. My typical latency to the servers on the West Coast is anywhere from 90-100ms and I add on a little bit of a buffer to be on the safe side.

"Engage"

/pause 5, /assist main - Assists the group's Main Assist, pauses for 0.5 seconds
    /pet attack - Sends in Snookums
    /pause 10, /alt activate 8800 - Force of Elements AA, pauses for 1.0 seconds
    /pause 43, /alt activate 1041 - Malosinete AA, pauses for 4.3 seconds
    /cast 4 - Remorseless Servant (cast time of 1.0 seconds, 0.9 for me, not that it matters because there is no need to pause on the last line of a macro)

"Nuke" (bound to N on my keyboard) I often skip the Engage step to kill trash mobs at a faster pace and so the first couple of lines are very inefficiently replicated here because I am ultra lazy and don't want to take the time to assist and send my pet manually or with another hotkey. In fact, I want to spend as little time on my magician as possible. All I want to do is tab over, hit the hotkey, and get back to one of my other characters. I hope that anyone reading this will demonstrate more interest in the Magician class.

/pause 5, /assist main
    /pet attack
    /pause 36, /cast 2 - Searing Sands (cast time of 0.8 seconds so I should look into reducing this pause)
    /pause 32, /cast 3 - Bolt of Molten Shieldstone (official cast time of 3.0 seconds, but is 1.6 for me thanks to gear and AAs in Quick Damage, so maybe I can reduce this pause also)
    /cast 6 - Spear of Molten Shieldstone (official cast time of 3.5 seconds, but 1.9 for me)
  16. DryalRmog Augur

Here are A few things that come to mind for me as different:
    If you hit "M" key game now has a Map that lets you see your location

If you are in group you can see your group meme members location as well (make sure you turn that option on in map settings)

You no longer have to level up sense heading, you are born a master at it.

Orgin mentioned above is a game changer for melee, I remember clearly not having Any kind of gate till POP when we did gate neck quest or duling people in Kunark with that OOT hammer.

In cities you now have a find option, it will create a mystical path for you to follow to merchants , banker, trade skill merchants ect.

Melee Aug gems, if your a melee class these are a MUST have, think adding a short sword of yak nuke effect onto any weapon, including a yak to make it nuke twice as much, vendor can be found in starting cities

Don't forget to buy your melee tombs if your melee, they changed our skill abilities to be more like spells, and you have to buy them for cities

Game now has all kinds of pots we didn't have, the clarity pot is main one that comes to mind for me, maybe it existed in vanellia and I was just to noob to know about it ;). But it's huge game changer

Remember to go get your dark elf mask before its to late, pre nerf guise of the decider still dropping in Guk (as of sept 3rd) get it before kunark when it most likely stops dropping!

If you make it to planes, most boss are on rotations now, and most boss are NOT what you will remember , day break games beefed them up considerably

That's all I have for now , have fun, and welcome back!
    Rorkus likes this.
  17. Kibanu Augur

Is there a link for a break down of augment stuff? I have a monk newbie (22 atm) and would like this information. Also, my wife's ranger could use it, I'm sure.
  18. DryalRmog Augur

Not sure if anyone has a break down of melee augs posted.

I play ogre so I know In oggok, gem vendor is on back wall before you enter cave bank area.

He has various levels of melee wig gems, going off memory, I want to say they are ever 10 levels starting at level 20.

So level 20,30,40,50

I do also remember gems can be quite pricey for when your first starting out, think 1000 plus if your duel weliding at 50
  19. Demolishion New Member

Ah yes was just repleying to the example above
    i use it for training casterskills,, 5 times the same spell fro skillup or canni on shaman
    for more automation with duoboxing is it a bit different since u wont be spamming just 1 spell