they said there was a new update and to log off, but now we can't get back on

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sula, Apr 3, 2014.

1. sula Augur

it sent a system-wide message a couple of minutes ago and several people did as asked and logged off, but now they can't get back on. i keep getting the message that i don't have permission to install. so does my sister.
  2. sula Augur

i verified my files and this is what it says:

Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Checking game installation...
    Patching EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    *Error: Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest/EQGraphicsDX9.dll (13) - http://eq.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/32/464/39528b8caea9b7dface912c1d6de502abe7. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
    Checking all game files...
  3. JChan Developer

Sometimes the client will hang on to files after exiting the client for a few minutes. You can stop EverQuest and LaunchPad using the task manager or you can reboot your machine and then try to update again.
  4. sula Augur

i stopped eq and launchpad twice already and still can't get on
  5. sula Augur

since we are trying to get the stupid staffs to drop and people would grab our spots if we try restarting, that simply ain't happening right now. i guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow's update to knock us off. i do have one account still up- it was my second account that can't log in and neither can my sister who was actively tying to get the staff until she decided she should camp as she was asked to do.
  6. EQforever New Member

Unable to log in as of 6:42 a.m. Getting the same error message. Any update on the fix for this issue?
  7. kuuleo Journeyman

8. Sarkaukar Augur

9. Bolburbonecrunch Journeyman

10. Sarkaukar Augur

What shortcut are you using to launch the game? That shortcut starts up Launchpad.exe. Right click on that shortcut, properties, shortcut tab. All you need to do is that properties, click on Compatibility tab, check mark the Admin at the bottom.

My shortcut looks like this. F:\Games\Everquest\LaunchPad.exe

Yours, based on the error showing where eqgame.exe is, should look something like this
    "C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest/launchpad.exe"

If you have removed or deleted your shortcut, drill to that folder, locate Launchpad.exe, right click, Send to Desktop - as Shortcut. Now set the Admin privileges.

The above is one of the reasons I do not use default setup for any of my games, especially with a game that has several files that can be edited (eqclient.ini, UI files, etc) or reviewed (log files)
  11. Fatal New Member

I am having the exact same error. I have everything set to administrator. I have had no issues logging in prior to today, now the one account I have had one for days is fine, but the other 2 will not patch, patcher hangs at one file. Message I am getting follows:

Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Sony/EverQuest/eqgame.exe (13) - http://eq.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/70/509/dd3ea24ab45b66d15f17d802683558dae0d. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.